TWU/IAM Members: How Long Will Negotiations Take?

How long do you think it will be before the Association presents a contract proposal to any of the w

• By the first week of 2016 (within about 30 days)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60 Days

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • 60-90 Days

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 90-120 Days

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 4-6 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 9-12 Months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 12-18 Months

• 18-24 Months

• 24-48 Months or longer

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
MetalMover said:
I never said they spent an entire week on these two items. But don't tell me only 20 minutes was spent on them.
There should have never been an exchange of proposals for uniforms.......Company requires and supplies uniforms..Employees wear uniforms.....NEXT ARTICLE......
Spoken like someone who never negotiated a CBA and doesnt understand the process at all.

MetalMover said:
I never said they spent an entire week on these two items. But don't tell me only 20 minutes was spent on them.
There should have never been an exchange of proposals for uniforms.......Company requires and supplies uniforms..Employees wear uniforms.....NEXT ARTICLE......
So what if we didn't have any language for Uniforms and the company chose to say we need to purchase 10 sets per year and each set was $100.00? $60 for pants and $40 for shirts. And they deducted the amount from your pay to make sure you had them?

Say goodbye to $1000.00 per year.

Am I really over exaggerating? Try not having uniforms in language.

700UW said:
Spoken like someone who never negotiated a CBA and doesnt understand the process at all.
Wasn't it only a few months ago that there was a big stink because Walmart was making their employees purchase their uniforms? From THEIR store.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
I know the process damn well...Over forty years of it....And over 40 years of getting screwed by the TWU..Now it's the IAM and the TWU I have to worry about. 

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
So what if we didn't have any language for Uniforms and the company chose to say we need to purchase 10 sets per year and each set was $100.00? $60 for pants and $40 for shirts. And they deducted the amount from your pay to make sure you had them?

Say goodbye to $1000.00 per year.

Am I really over exaggerating? Try not having uniforms in language.
 No one said the company was looking to rid themselves of supplying uniforms. The union hasn't even said that. The language is there, just like the bulletin boards....Move on to more substantial items. 

Reactions: 1 person
MetalMover said:
I know the process damn well...Over forty years of it....And over 40 years of getting screwed by the TWU..Now it's the IAM and the TWU I have to worry about.
Well then who's fault is it?

Your own

MetalMover said:
No one said the company was looking to rid themselves of supplying uniforms. The union hasn't even said that. The language is there, just like the bulletin boards....Move on to more substantial items.

At your command. Grievance Procedure and System Boards. Oh wait no, I'm sorry not that?

MONEY. Oh right, yea. Got it.

Who's language is there? Yours? the IAM's? Maybe something the company wants? Who's language?

Metal get a grip please. Seriously.

Metal read through your current contract and you decide what's not important at all? Maybe the negotiators will read you and agree?

I doubt it but it's worth a try if you don't think certain things are important.

I think they should blow off Medical Costs. What do you think? We don't need that. Let's just pay 100% of the total cost to get things done quicker.

700UW said:
Well then who's fault is it?

Your own
I have done my part having voted to get the TWU off the property. I have voted for AMFA. I have voted for the IBT but they screwed us as well. But democracy rules. 
Unlike the ASSociation where I did not have a chance to vote. 

WeAAsles said:
Metal read through your current contract and you decide what's not important at all? Maybe the negotiators will read you and agree?

I doubt it but it's worth a try if you don't think certain things are important.

I think they should blow off Medical Costs. What do you think? We don't need that. Let's just pay 100% of the total cost to get things done quicker.
 In Metals defense when the company wanted givebacks they were pretty quick about it. I think if they really wanted it done they could have marathon meetings and knock it out. I also feel looking at passengers service's contract a lot of our BIG items money, vacation and sick are already there

WeAAsles said:
At your command. Grievance Procedure and System Boards. Oh wait no, I'm sorry not that?

MONEY. Oh right, yea. Got it.

Who's language is there? Yours? the IAM's? Maybe something the company wants? Who's language?

Metal get a grip please. Seriously.

WeAAsles said:

WeAAsles, please stop trying to put words in my mouth......UNIFORMS AND BULLETIN BORADS ARE NONSENSE ITEMS COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE CONTRACT!
So you think uniforms and bulletin boards are as important as these other articles you just mentioned?
And I need to get a grip?

Worldport said:
 In Metals defense when the company wanted givebacks they were pretty quick about it. I think if they really wanted it done they could have marathon meetings and knock it out. I also feel looking at passengers service's contract a lot of our BIG items money, vacation and sick are already there
Yea, they took 5 shirts and pants away from us rather quickly......
But, hey, we still kept those bulletin boards.

Worldport said:
Different situation. In 03 they "threatened" to go to court if we didn't hurry. And the next time they just did it.

And I agree with your PSA comment. But maybe they can squeeze just a little bit more juice out of that lemon?