TWU/IAM Members: How Long Will Negotiations Take?

How long do you think it will be before the Association presents a contract proposal to any of the w

• By the first week of 2016 (within about 30 days)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60 Days

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • 60-90 Days

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 90-120 Days

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 4-6 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 9-12 Months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 12-18 Months

• 18-24 Months

• 24-48 Months or longer

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
I saw the video too and the thing that sticks out is that Isom and Weel are defining words like "Concession" differently than we do.  Isom says in one statement that the company isn't pushing any concessions but in the next statement he tells an AMT the company is not going to give everything back that was taken.  So in reality they wish to continue the concessions that we had forced on us years ago.  It doesn't matter if you improve the concession a little bit.  If it is not what you had before it is still a concession and we cannot let them get away with making deceitful statements like that.  If you are at any of these town halls please speak up and notify these thieves that anything less than the benefits we had in 2003 is a concession and nothing else.  In other words, if they want to increase sick days from 5 a year to 7 then that is still a concession since we used to get 10.  Do not let them get away with the lies.  They are pushing concessions and lying about it.

Reactions: 3 people
And also please remember we used to top out at 7 weeks vacation.  We now have 5 and anything less than 7 is a CONCESSION.  Let them know that we fully understand what concessions are.  Do not let them re-define the word.

Reactions: 3 people
OldGuy@AA said:
I saw the video too and the thing that sticks out is that Isom and Weel are defining words like "Concession" differently than we do.  Isom says in one statement that the company isn't pushing any concessions but in the next statement he tells an AMT the company is not going to give everything back that was taken.  So in reality they wish to continue the concessions that we had forced on us years ago.  It doesn't matter if you improve the concession a little bit.  If it is not what you had before it is still a concession and we cannot let them get away with making deceitful statements like that.  If you are at any of these town halls please speak up and notify these thieves that anything less than the benefits we had in 2003 is a concession and nothing else.  In other words, if they want to increase sick days from 5 a year to 7 then that is still a concession since we used to get 10.  Do not let them get away with the lies.  They are pushing concessions and lying about it.
 Do you really expect to get your pension back? how about 0 cost for health insurance you know as well as I we will never see those things again and by your definition those are concessions I think what most people are buzzing about are NEW concessions which Isom denied

OldGuy@AA said:
And also please remember we used to top out at 7 weeks vacation.  We now have 5 and anything less than 7 is a CONCESSION.  Let them know that we fully understand what concessions are.  Do not let them re-define the word.
You might have the option of 7 weeks but you'll have to give up holiday pay not the same I know.Before you get all the concessions back you would see empty hangars at DFW and all the work being done in Mexico

MetalMover said:
I have done my part having voted to get the TWU off the property. I have voted for AMFA. I have voted for the IBT but they screwed us as well. But democracy rules. 
Unlike the ASSociation where I did not have a chance to vote.
When did you vote for AMFA?

When did you vote for the IBT?

I don't ever seem to recall an election.

Worldport said:
That's one of them there "fantasy elections"
I voted in a poll for Jennifer Aniston to become my wife once. But her agency wouldn't give me her phone number. Only a lousy restraining order. To Hell with Jennifer Aniston man.

Reactions: 1 person
conehead777 said:
he signed a card.
Thanks Captain Obvious, he didn't know the difference from signing a card and voting in an election(s) that never took place.

700UW said:
Thanks Captain Obvious, he didn't know the difference from signing a card and voting in an election(s) that never took place.

Oh I am so sorry....I said voted and not signed a card.
Signing a card meant I WOULD VOTE FOR WHATEVER UNION!
At least I signed SOMETHING unlike the ASSOCIATION where I had no choice.

But gee I do remember the AMFA vote where the TWU and Co. added dead and retired mechanics and mechanics turned management to the list. 

conehead777 said:
he signed a card.
Anyone can sign a card. Signing a card is not voting. You get 50% plus 1 and they're all valid and then you will be voting. Anyone can sign a card and not put in the hard work to make that card count for something.

After seeing AMFA pull only 8 write in votes at US (And IBT lost too BTW) when you get a JCBA if you vote yes for it, you have to know that any thought of change has just totally become a puff of smoke. Honestly. No knock. Just being honest.

WeAAsles said:
"Would" Could is what you're looking for.
Semantics,semantics back to the subject I think fleet will have a T/A before the AMTs. Do you think we will have to wait for them to show unity or do we go forward 

MetalMover said:
No wiseguy, I WOULD vote for whatever union replaces the TWU.....
You have to make that opportunity happen. And I very much doubt Forums is where you're going to gather that momentum.

You should start a Facebook group page and start reaching out to like minded individuals. From there you can set up your own informational tables around the country. You said at least one union offers no money to make this happen so you'll have to pool your resources financially.

Maybe you should get people to consider foregoing on the Delta plus 3% and pool all of that money? You could probably even afford Billboards to support the cause of you can get enough financial volunteers?

Do you think you can get enough (anyone) to sacrifice that money?