TWU/IAM Members: How Long Will Negotiations Take?

How long do you think it will be before the Association presents a contract proposal to any of the w

• By the first week of 2016 (within about 30 days)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60 Days

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • 60-90 Days

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 90-120 Days

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 4-6 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 9-12 Months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 12-18 Months

• 18-24 Months

• 24-48 Months or longer

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
No. I love to be under paid and stolen from. Plus I like it when they hang a carrot out there and then snatch it away. Both sides are a joke

Rogallo said:
HAD ENOUGH YET?
yes 31 years of we will get them next time. And all the other twu lines and lies. There are the ones we pay to represent us. But they represent what's best for the twu. And we cannot vote the Intl officers in are out. Sure we get to vote for what use to be the locals. But the big decisions in my opinion have always been on the Intl level. That have effected our life style. we need to do what most people do the same thing when we use a company are service we do not like and fire them . The twu always says a democracy but they don't even allow us to have a say on anything. Plus if we stoped paying dues we would get fired . So that's not very democratic to me. I say we need to start signing cards for another union where we write the constitution and we're able to vote people in and out if they do us Wrong . We have some time we all need to come together all station all bases work out our difference. Then come up with a plan and get everyone are most everyone on board with it. If we get ourselfs ready then the union nor the company will be able to beat us. We will overwhelm the nmb and they want be able to screw us again. We have to come together and defeat the twu/Iam. And take our profession back as amts . Imho with the AMFA card drive was the fac and auto guys that's why we have to come together and work out our differences and get it done. As far as the company goes Parker promises as we can see are false for the amts . And he paid all the other groups and the fas are getting more raises. But in my opinion the unions should fight for more then delta united plus 7 we need to go for ups plus 7 . We have lived at lower wages for so long delta Ua 7 dose not make up for all the money we lost. Plus we need a clause that any carrier gets more we get that. Plus we need the language wrote clearly unlike the gain sharing plan. the twu finally listens to us as there leaving the building. And got the message loud and clear when they no longer get the amts dues money.

Reactions: 1 person
Could not agree more! Technically they don't have to give until 2018. Keep hearing that we have to have a contract to work on each other's metal. Not always true, they can call each other to do contract MX on aircraft. We have to make them get a contract. Informational picketing and ads in the local newspapers! Just my opinion

The AA contract becomes amendable September 12, 2018. I'm not sure about the USAIR side amendable date. I believe it's sometime in 2017.

This thread is over 8 months old and I have just cast my vote for 24-48 months (From Now). FOI Full Operational Integration is what was given for the pay raises, DP stated he would not get a contract if the raises were given and now he has the contract he needed! The International is happy with the Dues bump, LUS has the benefits that LAA wants (Except the IAM Pension) and everyone is happy with the pay increase. I hope that I am wrong but just don't see any way the Company will negotiate fairly from this point on. Heard that an E Board member briefed by a Local President said the Company approached the Association (Pantoja and Lombardo) and basically said "What will it take to get FOI" and their reply was the Raise in pay INSTEAD of an industry leading JCBA, Big Mistake IMO.
If anyone thinks we will have an Industry Leading JCBA anytime soon please tell me what avenue the parties motivation might be. Again I hope that I am wrong about the timeframe.

2ndGENAMT said:
This thread is over 8 months old and I have just cast my vote for 24-48 months (From Now). FOI Full Operational Integration is what was given for the pay raises, DP stated he would not get a contract if the raises were given and now he has the contract he needed! The International is happy with the Dues bump, LUS has the benefits that LAA wants (Except the IAM Pension) and everyone is happy with the pay increase. I hope that I am wrong but just don't see any way the Company will negotiate fairly from this point on. Heard that an E Board member briefed by a Local President said the Company approached the Association (Pantoja and Lombardo) and basically said "What will it take to get FOI" and their reply was the Raise in pay INSTEAD of an industry leading JCBA, Big Mistake IMO.
If anyone thinks we will have an Industry Leading JCBA anytime soon please tell me what avenue the parties motivation might be. Again I hope that I am wrong about the timeframe.
Really I would think the unions hold the cards now, thats why I think it's incredible  what Parker did The company still wants integration. Personally  yes I'd like to see more holidays and differential pay maybe a bump of 2% to get to UAL +3%. but if it stayed like this for a couple of years I'd be fine with that too

Worldport said:
Really I would think the unions hold the cards now, thats why I think it's incredible  what Parker did The company still wants integration. Personally  yes I'd like to see more holidays and differential pay maybe a bump of 2% to get to UAL +3%. but if it stayed like this for a couple of years I'd be fine with that too
Really? We are still lacking in holidays, vacation and sick time, not to mention shift differential, longevity, and improved license pay. I'm happy for this bump, but there is a long way to go.

Reactions: 2 people
Worldport said:
In my post I asked if anyone had any ideas that would motivate either party to negotiate, so what are the cards that you think the Association has up their sleeve? My point was DP HAS his integration and it is my opinion that LUS and LAA not being able to work each other's Metal completely was the only leverage the Association had!

You would be OK with some of your peers having better benefits for a few years? SMH.

2ndGENAMT said:
In my post I asked if anyone had any ideas that would motivate either party to negotiate, so what are the cards that you think the Association has up their sleeve? My point was DP HAS his integration and it is my opinion that LUS and LAA not being able to work each other's Metal completely was the only leverage the Association had!

You would be OK with some of your peers having better benefits for a few years? SMH.
He has cross utilization not the full integration he and Wall Street want.But you are correct he can run a successful airline with this agreement. I'm fleet LUS so I guess I have the better benefits so I can't really answer your last question.

2ndGENAMT said:
Finally a post comes along from someone who gets it.  We were just played like fools.

With everyone's greed for the almighty dollar we forgot all about scope.  And with both our contacts now expiring in 2018, I now have to place my guess on a JCBA somewhere around 2019.

Look at our pilots.  It's been 11 years and they still don't have a unified contract between AWA and USAirways.  And it was only recently that the pilots could start working each others metal.  This is the cheapest way available to get operational integration.

I was told in '05 by a senior AWA guy that this is Parker's MO.  Stall and delay, and save the most money.  And that's just waht happened since the AWA merger.  And that's just what might happen now.  They got their integration without our benefit of a contract.  Sick time, vacation time, staffing, overtime, shift swaps, holidays and scope.  Those are the expensive parts.  And why does it matter now?  They got what they wanted, integration.  And we got what we wanted, money.  But we lost our leverage for the future.

Reactions: 3 people
I just received a bump of $12,000 a year. I may have to work some other metal. Negotiations continue. Nothing HAD to happen till 2018. With all due respect, I will take a different view and say no "fool" here. While what you say may turn out to be reality and this drags on, I prefer to enjoy the cash infusion and not spin everything to be negative. Hopefully this is just the first step in many positive ones forthcoming.

bob@las-AA said:
I knew it wouldn't take long before some ungrateful  would post something like this.
I believe one can respond what he or she feels. Whether you agree or not is your opinion. Why do you criticize them with negativity and profanity?

Latest posts