TWU/IAM Members: How Long Will Negotiations Take?

How long do you think it will be before the Association presents a contract proposal to any of the w

• By the first week of 2016 (within about 30 days)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60 Days

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • 60-90 Days

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 90-120 Days

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 4-6 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 9-12 Months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 12-18 Months

• 18-24 Months

• 24-48 Months or longer

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
Me too I had no idea the company would want so many concessions.I thought they would want to get it done to make the merger go smooth and look good on Wall Street,then get us next contract. Now 2 to 4 years is likely.Heck its not even out of the realm of possibility for it to go 7 no chit
Us78 I bet the real reason for that is in Parker's eyes he already took care of the most important groups the pilots and F/As. Same thing SWA did. Maintenance is always dead last, unfortunately.

The unions know jobs will be eliminated.
So the unions are trying to save as much dues money as long as possible. Company still making money and the unions still have their cash cow flowing.
It's always been about money for both sides for their own reasons. The association will eventually have to give up jobs either from early outs or attrition from contractual agreements. Mediation had always taken years not months or weeks if you look at past history. What's the rush to settle?

Last edited:
The unions know jobs will be eliminated.
So the unions are trying to save as much dues money as long as possible. Company still making money and the unions skill have their cash cow flowing
It's always been about money for both sides for their own reasons. The association will eventually have to give up jobs either from early outs or attrition from contractual agreements. Mediation had always taken years not months or weeks if you look at past history. What's the rush to settle?

Yep, I'm figuring 24-36 months from the first mediated session.

Yep, I'm figuring 24-36 months from the first mediated session.
At least.
And to those who post here mocking AMFA/SWA's contract talks and UA/CO talks' length....WHAT WILL YOUR EXCUSE BE WHEN AA/ASS ociation talks take the same amount of time, if not longer? What will your defense be?

just read the association update, it wasn't very clear about scope, the association asked the question to it's self, What scope are we asking for? Their answer, nothing less then what we have now.

Which is great, but we are combining two unions into one (worst idea ever) and these two unions have two different scope clauses, so which one or what combination are we holding out for?

Well the time had come. It took 36 months and no JCBA and no proposal to vote on. The majority in the poll were correct. Maybe we should extend the poll into mediation. Our first meeting with the mediators will be next week. One day should tell the story on how long this will take. After that it's three months of bitchin about the same thing again. Then we will start fresh by the end of January. This time there will be three days of mediated talks. That should give us something new to complain about.

Last edited:

Latest posts