TWU Long Term Disability Insurance premium doubles in price

My understanding is Its going to pay 50% of your earnings OT/CSs included from a snap shot of the previous 12 months, tax free. However, a person has to jump through some fairly substantial hoops and be really unable to work to qualify.

I expected premiums to go up to coincide with our increased hourly wage. For me the insurance is worth it and my premium didn't double, it went up approx 30%, slightly more then the raise.
My story is it took me from September 16 to nov of 16 to get my first check they faought me every way. I was on pain killers for my situation until I had surgery and that was not good enough for Mutual of Omaha. Finally I went to the Texas insurance complaint board. I got a call from Mutual of Omaha that they were sending me a check. If you go to Mutual face book page there are many stories. Of the same thing. There thing was I should work lite duty. But like I told them I would be driving under the influence of pain Meds and that aa would not let me even work lite duty taking pain meds. So hopefully the new company will be better

I have heard the same thing from other sources. They make it difficult to receive benefits and they want you to go back to work at some lower capacity that you're able to handle. Which is ridiculous because most folks want to go back to work but they can't. I think this is a case where the bad players make it tough on the good ones.

I have also heard that some TWU locals are better at assisting their members with getting benefits local 591 not being one of them.

Latest posts