Twu Soliciting Scabs At Kc Base

My World said:
Ok, have it your way Bob. You should be the one running everything because we know you would never make a mistake.

I see my mistake was coming to this board to try to defend my local.
[post="270567"][/post]​

Well have they tried to attone for their mistake by issueing something to the members? Maybe they have I dont know, I do know how they reacted when they saw another mechanic and myself show up down there to discuss the concessions.

Another thing, its not your Local. You just fund it like you do the Pension for the International. Its the TWU Internationals Local. They own it. They have the right to issue and revoke your charter and they will remove any officer that you elect if they dont like them. You cant even make your own bylaws, you can request bylaws but the International reserves the right to either approve or reject them. According to the International, Local officers take an oath to the International, not the members. Read the TWU Constitution to see what rights members have. It only lists duties of members, not rights, and if you like I'll forward you written proof that what I'm saying is true.

Buck said:
If your Local is 530, it should be that Local that informs its members, even after the discovery of the status of the scab hiring group, that members will be crossing picket lines etc....

If the former employees of TWA have lost all of their unionism, then that is another story. I believe that the true unionists will do the right thing, no matter how much the TWU interfers.
[post="270579"][/post]​

The members were informed.

Buck said:
If your Local is 530, it should be that Local that informs its members, even after the discovery of the status of the scab hiring group, that members will be crossing picket lines etc....

If the former employees of TWA have lost all of their unionism, then that is another story. I believe that the true unionists will do the right thing, no matter how much the TWU interfers.
[post="270579"][/post]​

The issue isn't who they go to work for -- the real issue is whether or not they'd cross a picket line.

Assume for a moment that they're still true unionists at heart, Buck, and STS may be the only job they can find which uses their talents/skills and also support their family.

Y'all are jumping to the conclusion that everyone who goes to work at STS would willingly cross a picket line or touch struck work.

You'll have some who cross and some who refuse. Believing otherwise is just foolish.

Don't hate the player -- hate the game...

Former ModerAAtor said:
The issue isn't who they go to work for -- the real issue is whether or not they'd cross a picket line.

Assume for a moment that they're still true unionists at heart, Buck, and STS may be the only job they can find which uses their talents/skills and also support their family.

Y'all are jumping to the conclusion that everyone who goes to work at STS would willingly cross a picket line or touch struck work.

You'll have some who cross and some who refuse. Believing otherwise is just foolish.

[post="270608"][/post]​

My World: If the members were informed and they still are union men and women, they will do the right thing.

Having accomplished some research from the post card being mailed to some AA employees, when contacted the representitive for AVTech stated that successful applicants would have to cross a picket line. If AVTech and STS are two different hiring groups, I still believe that real unionists will not cross. You could be correct in that either of these groups may be hiring for non picketed job sites.

Could you explain how AVTech can hire at $32 an hour, pay for a hotel room, provide tooling and a $2000 bonus and a legacy carrier not approach these wages?

The benfit packages are and have been under attack for a long time. At AA there are Overhaul Support mechanics that have their A&P tickets and are payed $5 less an hour, they might be happy to have $32 an hour and pay their own benefits. Without leaving their current employer and causing family strife.

The game has many fields that it is played on. It is the teams that are divided!

My World said:
American Airlines invited them to help give the members an option for employment. Local 530 failed to do their homework and once it happened it was to late to stop it.

If the people want to work for them or not, it is their choice. They can make up their own mind.

Like I said, at least Local 530 is trying to do something besides bad mouthing everyone like you people like to do.
[post="270556"][/post]​

Not what the flier or the STS rep said..... :down:

Former ModerAAtor said:

[post="270608"][/post]​

Well in my mind, the only thing lower than a scab is a union that allows the recruitment of scabs. That would be lower then whale sh*t.

It amazes me that the members that are NOT affected by the upcoming furlough, the members that are NOT at MCIE, and the members that still have their full seniority are quick to lay blame on events.

Fact: Local 530 does not hold the power to leverage AA into keeping STS off the property. Our local has, through furlough and the fact AA does not require MCIE, lost any leverage available as a union strength.

Our E-Board members were told that STS would attend a job fair and hire mechanics, Mr. Reding knew the management of STS personally and gave accreditation to our furloughed, and soon to be furloughed, brothers. If our E-Board is guilty of anything, it is in the neglect of researching who STS is and who they are employed by. Our board was told "we have someone who will hire every furloughed mechanic", imagine the impact and sense of good they felt. It was not a blatant attack to unionism, allowing a scab hiring outfit onto the property. STS also hires for many more companies other than those that are on strike.

I am still upset that the Company, knowing their history, allowed them onto the property. I have investigated/asked questions due to my disgust and have found my E-Board members acted in good faith for our membership at MCIE.

The naatives have NEVER been concerned over the members at MCIE, why throw your sword into the fight now? Other than to attempt to lay blame to ALL TWU LOCALS, in the midst of a renewed AMFA drive, there remains no reason for you guys getting your undies in a knot.

Yell scab all you want, but it is still the amfa supporters who attempt to undermine our union at AA, are they scabs also? You have lost all meaning to the word. If these members decide to seek employment verses starving, and can do so without crossing a picket line, I would say good luck to them.

This thread title holds no water either...the TWU did not solicit STS...or do the facts not play a role with the amfa drive?

Now try this: Go get you some business, and stay out of ours

Latest posts

Back