TWU takes a hit with Frontier

bigjets

Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2015/01/16/frontier-airlines-plans-jobs-cuts-at-dia-will.html?page=all

Nothing the TWU did wrong, just a bad place for Frontier to do business. A hub for both UAL and SWA in DIA. Too bad the TWU can't offer a reduced mechanics pay to save the FSCs.

Before a FSC gets insulted, remember we are in the same union, at the same airline, and we have FSCs near the top of the pay scale for their career field, and we have mechs at the bottom of the pay scale for our career field. 

It's an optic problem for the union, as to why the mechanics aren't represented as well as the FSCs. 

Reactions: 3 people
Kev3188 said:
I'm insulted that you guys still haven't figured out how to (re)take control of your careers...
On undercover boss the Frontier C.E.O. was trying to come across as a great guy. I guess it was all lies.

Kev3188 said:
I'm insulted that you guys still haven't figured out how to (re)take control of your careers...

Well it's hard to do that when you have AA, the afl-cio, IBT, IAM, and TWU working against you. We almost had AMFA but AA put retired, dead people, and people not in our classification on the list, after working on that list for 3 weeks, then there's the IBT who filed before AMFA, and the AA was ready 3 hours later with the list, then the IBT pulls out locking AMFA out for a year. Then theres the Association, then the NMB. The AFL-CIO really wants us to stay with the association. It's been since August that we are waiting for a ruling from the NMB.

I meant no offense, I apologize 

Reactions: 1 person
This is a classless pandering thread only meant to give the AMFA initiative another voice while 250 Union members will soon be unemployed and have to seek new work.

On this one you should be ashamed of yourself and instead be at least offering moral support and words of encouragement.

Sort of a Frontier question. Anyone have any info on the Midwest Express F/A's? They were suing Republic/Frontier when they owned them for their jobs back. I haven't heard anything in a long time.

texasreb said:
On undercover boss the Frontier C.E.O. was trying to come across as a great guy. I guess it was all lies.

He was no longer the CEO. Frontier was bought by a group called Indigo Partners, who were a minority owner of Spirit Airlines (they sold their stake before taking over Frontier), and they announced their intent to become an ultra low cost carrier in 2013.

WeAAsles said:
This is a classless pandering thread only meant to give the AMFA initiative another voice while 250 Union members will soon be unemployed and have to seek new work.

On this one you should be ashamed of yourself and instead be at least offering moral support and words of encouragement.

This was not meant to be a pandering thread, when I started it, just pointing out that unions  have no real power when it comes to a poor business plan, meaning a small airline having their major hub at an airport where two large airlines operate as hubs. Remember what happened to Legend airlines at LUV. 

The TWU comment was off the cuff joke, that mechanics say on a daily basis. From a mechs point of view, that is what's happening to us. No offense meant.

bigjets said:

This was not meant to be a pandering thread, when I started it, just pointing out that unions  have no real power when it comes to a poor business plan, meaning a small airline having their major hub at an airport where two large airlines operate as hubs. Remember what happened to Legend airlines at LUV. 

The TWU comment was off the cuff joke, that mechanics say on a daily basis. From a mechs point of view, that is what's happening to us. No offense meant.

It was just bad timing by the TWU as to when they organized and the sale of the airline to a group that had a different plan for the airline's business plan.

Now, Virgin America has announced raises for all their employee, except their newly TWU organized flight attendants.

A 100% Delta move to assist in keeping unions out.  Pay increases for all the non-union groups in hopes to not start a mad rush for union representation for all the other groups.  Hmmmmmmm.  This may get interesting...

Latest posts