TWU WORRIED ABOUT AMP RAID!

MetalMover

Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Well it seems from the latest TWU Presidents Support letter there is some concern growing about the ongoing card drive. While deriding the AMP movement, they are also are touring there successes.
They address the issue of the ASSociation being anointed by the NMB as not their fault. Yes, it was not their fault. I blame Jim Little for bowing down to the mighty Trumka right before retiring. They also address the neutral Javits ruling on seniority. And what's up with all the negotiations?
My response to this is WHY NOW?
I will tell you why.......AMP...

I for one will not be bullied or threatened with "the sky will fall scenarios" by anyone or any organization as to what I should or should not do regarding MY representation choice.

SIGN, BABY, SIGN!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: thisjobsux
Actually the association placed language in their filing to the NMB prior to filing that they are the sole representatives. No vote required. The funny thing is they put out a Q&A stating that all three groups will vote on the association. I'm lost for words. We were all taken as suckers.

Actually the association placed language in their filing to the NMB prior to filing that they are the sole representatives. No vote required. The funny thing is they put out a Q&A stating that all three groups will vote on the association. I'm lost for words. We were all taken as suckers.
This is the main reason there is a card drive.......

Well it seems from the latest TWU Presidents Support letter there is some concern growing about the ongoing card drive. While deriding the AMP movement, they are also are touring there successes.
They address the issue of the ASSociation being anointed by the NMB as not their fault. Yes, it was not their fault. I blame Jim Little for bowing down to the mighty Trumka right before retiring. They also address the neutral Javits ruling on seniority. And what's up with all the negotiations?
My response to this is WHY NOW?
I will tell you why.......AMP...

I for one will not be bullied or threatened with "the sky will fall scenarios" by anyone or any organization as to what I should or should not do regarding MY representation choice.

SIGN, BABY, SIGN!!!!!!

They are feeling the wrath about to comith over them!!!

I love how these industrial unions all complain about "raiding" . When we were signing AMFA cards at NW the iam always laughed until the one day they didn't and realized AMFA had a very good chance of throwing them to the street. You guys will see twu and iam peeps come out of the woodwork to try and dissuade you from voting in a craft only union and how much "they" the establishment have to offer you. The iam spent millions trying to get us at NW to stop the AMFA wave we got videos in the mail and they recruited TWA flight attendants who were iam to ambush us with propaganda on our way into work and when that didn't work they complained about how AMFA "raided" the mechanics at NWA. No they didn't raid anything we went to AMFA because YOU iam flat out sucked and couldn't even bring back a decent contract in the best times of aviation at the time. So we showed you the door. Now what happened with AMFA and NW in the following years is an argument for another time but just be prepared to see twu/iam reps show up when you could never find them before and try to sell you on why they are the best.

I love how these industrial unions all complain about "raiding" . When we were signing AMFA cards at NW the iam always laughed until the one day they didn't and realized AMFA had a very good chance of throwing them to the street. You guys will see twu and iam peeps come out of the woodwork to try and dissuade you from voting in a craft only union and how much "they" the establishment have to offer you. The iam spent millions trying to get us at NW to stop the AMFA wave we got videos in the mail and they recruited TWA flight attendants who were iam to ambush us with propaganda on our way into work and when that didn't work they complained about how AMFA "raided" the mechanics at NWA. No they didn't raid anything we went to AMFA because YOU iam flat out sucked and couldn't even bring back a decent contract in the best times of aviation at the time. So we showed you the door. Now what happened with AMFA and NW in the following years is an argument for another time but just be prepared to see twu/iam reps show up when you could never find them before and try to sell you on why they are the best.
It honestly wouldn't have mattered what Union was at Northwest. If you guys were still IAM they would have settled and guys got screwed. AMFA didn't think they would get replaced and guys got screwed. Corporate America always wins, unless you are pilots.

Yea this happens every time cards drives happen. But guess what? they have no history of AMP to challenge them with. Matter fact they do have the success of the PIlots, F/A's, and now even the dispatchers to prove how much better they will be with their own class and craft union by getting rid of this fiasco asso.
They will come out with scare tactics saying nego's will take 10 years, you guys will lose your pensions, they will have to start from scratch on a new contract if they vote out the asso. etc... All lies and propaganda to sway anyone from signing or voting out the last representation of airline mechanics by the TWU and IAM.
Speaking of raiding, this asso. raided the TWU representation right out from the feet of the AA'ers.
AMP will succeed and I hope we hear of something before the end of this year...

Yea this happens every time cards drives happen. But guess what? they have no history of AMP to challenge them with. Matter fact they do have the success of the PIlots, F/A's, and now even the dispatchers to prove how much better they will be with their own class and craft union by getting rid of this fiasco asso.
They will come out with scare tactics saying nego's will take 10 years, you guys will lose your pensions, they will have to start from scratch on a new contract if they vote out the asso. etc... All lies and propaganda to sway anyone from signing or voting out the last representation of airline mechanics by the TWU and IAM.
Speaking of raiding, this asso. raided the TWU representation right out from the feet of the AA'ers.
AMP will succeed and I hope we hear of something before the end of this year...

You may be right but one downfall we as A@P's have is our class and craft is diluted with "related" categories and that is how we have historically had such a hard time ridding ourselves of industrial unions because other "related" employees were always convinced not to vote with A@P's in a craft union because we would not have their back so they would always vote the status quo. We are the only certificated employee group that has non certificated personal in it's group. Until that changes I will never work in a union again as an A@P. I work at FX our license premium is over 20 bucks alone for both A@P I think when I was at NW it was .70 cents a license that shows you how valuable an A@P is an industrial union world. If I had it to do over if I had known what I know now i would have gone the dispatcher route. More money, more respect, less schooling and better bennies. Now all I care about is getting to retirement hopefully only a few years away.

You may be right but one downfall we as A@P's have is our class and craft is

“”””diluted”””” (Are you also thinking of the word “polluted”?)

with "related" categories and that is how we have historically had such a hard time ridding ourselves of industrial unions because other "related" employees were always convinced not to vote with A@P's in a craft union because we would not have their back so they would always vote the status quo. We are the only certificated employee group that has non certificated personal in it's group. Until that changes I will never work in a union again as an A@P. I work at FX our license premium is over 20 bucks alone for both A@P I think when I was at NW it was .70 cents a license that shows you how valuable an A@P is an industrial union world. If I had it to do over if I had known what I know now i would have gone the dispatcher route. More money, more respect, less schooling and better bennies. Now all I care about is getting to retirement hopefully only a few years away.

In other words.

di·lute
dīˈlo͞ot,dəˈlo͞ot/
verb
past tense: diluted; past participle: diluted
  1. make (a liquid) thinner or weaker by adding water or another solvent to it.
    "bleach can be diluted with cold water"
    synonyms: make weaker, weaken, water down; More
    • make (something) weaker in force, content, or value by modifying it or adding other elements to it.
      "the reforms have been diluted"
      synonyms: weaken, moderate, tone down, water down
      "the original plans have been diluted"
    • reduce the value of (a shareholding) by issuing more shares in a company without increasing the values of its assets.

As an AMT I have to wonder, will our group be punished again for seeking a change in representation? There is a school of thought out there that the AMT were punished with the half pay sick time for our failed AMFA drive. I`d expect we are about to take it in the shorts again.

As an AMT I have to wonder, will our group be punished again for seeking a change in representation? There is a school of thought out there that the AMT were punished with the half pay sick time for our failed AMFA drive. I`d expect we are about to take it in the shorts again.
If you guys are successful with your drive it might take a little longer to get a deal. How much money will you guys have to fight with, just your group in AMP, and who will you use for your lawfirm?. Find out what Lawfirm your pilots use, and that might be a good choice for you guys.

You are absolutely right in that the TWU punished us. Not only did we get the half day sick pay but we lost longevity pay as well. Of course since the TWU is so intent on screwing us they forget about the stock clerks who kept their vacation since we (AMTs) paid for their raises by losing another week of vacation. Either we get out or we'll continue to fund everyone else's raises and benefits. The TWU made sure we have the worst benefits in the industry. Now they have the attitude that they'll do what they want to us because they'll block us from getting out. What's next? Fleet wants six weeks vacation so we lose another week and max out at 4? Stores wants more skill pay (Still trying to figure out what skills they have other than losing parts) so we get $2 less on our license pay so they can get more. Bus drivers control the international and fleet controls the ATD. Most of Fleet hates us but they won't let us go. Without us they have nobody to take the brunt of concessions. Stop the madness and sign a card.

You are absolutely right in that the TWU punished us. Not only did we get the half day sick pay but we lost longevity pay as well. Of course since the TWU is so intent on screwing us they forget about the stock clerks who kept their vacation since we (AMTs) paid for their raises by losing another week of vacation. Either we get out or we'll continue to fund everyone else's raises and benefits. The TWU made sure we have the worst benefits in the industry. Now they have the attitude that they'll do what they want to us because they'll block us from getting out. What's next? Fleet wants six weeks vacation so we lose another week and max out at 4? Stores wants more skill pay (Still trying to figure out what skills they have other than losing parts) so we get $2 less on our license pay so they can get more. Bus drivers control the international and fleet controls the ATD. Most of Fleet hates us but they won't let us go. Without us they have nobody to take the brunt of concessions. Stop the madness and sign a card.

And we will be punished even more for the AMP drive!

SIGN, BABY, SIGN!

Reactions: thisjobsux

Latest posts