U N I O N ...S T R O N G. (Like ' CHROME STEEL ' STRONG ) !!

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
https://www.ilwu.org

" An 'Injury' to one, is an 'Injury' to ALL " !

By a 2/3rd's yes vote, the Whole WEST COAST contract is extended until July/2022.

This will include Large annual raises, More pension contributions, And ( OF COURSE ), continued FREE HEALTHCARE !!

It's called " BALLS, fellow 'coolers', BIG BIG BALLS !! (Or ' HAMMER LOCK ', if you prefer. ) !!

Last edited:
Yep, just more justification to keep sending those NeoPanamax freighters directly from Asia to the Gulf and East Coast...

Yep, just more justification to keep sending those NeoPanamax freighters directly from Asia to the Gulf and East Coast...
Bears does not care. After all he got his, and Bears is an IGM kinda guy.

Don't believe it. Go look at his previous posts.

For instance, here we see a prime example of his scheming ways.
Naw Josh, the MBTA is to much of a 'bother' now, at my age. Work Comp is the Ultimate, especially here in NH, where you Don't Ever have to ' $ettle '. Even in this shite Conservative state, the WC MINIMUM will pay out $280.00 a week. That's over $1200.00 a month (Paid WEEKLY), which is an additional $ 15 G's a year ! (Come to think of it, I'm ' OVERDUE ' ) !!

Stick to talking about commercial aviation (which you DO know a thing or two about). But trying to 'Buffalo" people on here about your EXPERTISE about International shipping, (WHICH you don't know 'Shite from Shinola' about) is an exercise in a waste of OUR time.
Example.
While it's true that " SOME " shippers will spend a F dollar, to save a dime, by 'running' from northern Asia, all the way down to Panama, then up to ports like MSY or CHS, Huge Asian shippers running from northern China and Japan,where time is precious $$$$$, wont waste their precious time, and will 'kill each other' trying to beat their competition for the quickest berth possible @ SEA/SFO/OAK/LAX/LGB !!

NOW, do you have ANY FURTHER questions eolesen, regarding International Asian Shipping ??????????
I didn't think so !!!!!!!!!!!

" An INJURY to One, is an INJURY to ALL " !!!!!!!!

FREE HEALTH CARE, Large Annual RAISES, and Even BIGGER Contributions to there... D E F I N E D....B E N E F I T.......P E N S I O N S !!!

UNION STRONG !!

Union strong, making a living off of slave labor produced goods imported to the USA.

tenor.gif

Union strong, making a living off of slave labor produced goods imported to the USA.

You know dell. For a guy who was a Union Man for a looooong time, I'm having a BIATCH of a time trying to figure out where your (now) Union hatred comes from ???????????

And as an 'aside' dell, Notice we've had NO retort forthcoming from eolesen, regarding his CREDENTIALS/EXPERTISE as it pertains to Mega - Sized Asian shippers !

tenor.gif

Last edited:
You are talking about I got mine? Read your posts about immigration.
What about them.

We have immigration laws. I expect them to be enforced.

I think you mean undocumented democrats.
That is the real motivation for leftist trying to weaponize the budget.

It certainly is not for the benefit of American citizens.

When you have government officials that are supposed to represent the citizens of the United States weaponizing the budget against the interest of it's own people your damn right I have a problem with it.

Last edited:
Stick to talking about commercial aviation (which you DO know a thing or two about). But trying to 'Buffalo" people on here about your EXPERTISE about International shipping, (WHICH you don't know 'Shite from Shinola' about) is an exercise in a waste of OUR time.
Example.
While it's true that " SOME " shippers will spend a F dollar, to save a dime, by 'running' from northern Asia, all the way down to Panama, then up to ports like MSY or CHS, Huge Asian shippers running from northern China and Japan,where time is precious $$$$$, wont waste their precious time, and will 'kill each other' trying to beat their competition for the quickest berth possible @ SEA/SFO/OAK/LAX/LGB !!

NOW, do you have ANY FURTHER questions eolesen, regarding International Asian Shipping ??????????
I didn't think so !!!!!!!!!!!

It's a fact that east coast ports are seeing traffic that used to be locked into the west coast ports.

6 per day (yeah, just keep on saying it ain't so, Bears....)

https://www.ifpta.org/ports/thousandth-neopanamax-vessel-transits-panama-canal/

...like this guy to Charleston, SC:

http://www.sac.usace.army.mil/Media/News-Stories/Article/1213698/one-massive-neo-panamax-ship/

And now there's one on a regular circuit to Newark:

https://www.workboat.com/news/bluew...x-containership-calls-at-new-jersey-terminal/

You, sir, can be a blowhard all you want about your beloved west coast longshoreman heros, but the facts are what they are: the work is shifting to the east coast and not California/Oregon/Washington.

Just watch for the Jones Act to be overturned, and you'll probably see more unloading done in places like Prince Rupert & Halifax. They can already handle the NeoPanamax's and already have rail connectivity to the upper midwest and east coast.

It's a fact that east coast ports are seeing traffic that used to be locked into the west coast ports.

6 per day (yeah, just keep on saying it ain't so, Bears....)

https://www.ifpta.org/ports/thousandth-neopanamax-vessel-transits-panama-canal/

...like this guy to Charleston, SC:

http://www.sac.usace.army.mil/Media/News-Stories/Article/1213698/one-massive-neo-panamax-ship/

And now there's one on a regular circuit to Newark:

https://www.workboat.com/news/bluew...x-containership-calls-at-new-jersey-terminal/

You, sir, can be a blowhard all you want about your beloved west coast longshoreman heros, but the facts are what they are: the work is shifting to the east coast and not California/Oregon/Washington.

Just watch for the Jones Act to be overturned, and you'll probably see more unloading done in places like Prince Rupert & Halifax. They can already handle the NeoPanamax's and already have rail connectivity to the upper midwest and east coast.

I DON'T doubt for a second that many freighters are specifically destined for CHS, or Port Elizabeth in EWR. Helll, if Toyota has a 'load of corollas SPECIFICALLY designated for East Coast dealers and these cars are NOT Super Time sensitive, sure they'll spend the time to dock at CHS/ORF/BWI/PHL/EWR/NYC or BOS.

Prince Rupert or YVR, you say ??? I'm fairly sure it's the same Union from SAN to ANC. (Like in....." You don't handle our USA cargo, we wont unload your Canadian cargo" ) !!!!!!!!!!

As for HALIFAX NS ????
Eric. W T F ???
Did you FLUNK Geography in school ???
Panamax ships or NO Panamax ships. Do YOU...REALLY....F..THINK that a shipper, who has cargo for (say) ORD, is going to sail one half way around the WORLD from say Korea/Japan, down to Panama, then all-the-way-up-to Nova Scotia, to bypass the rigid I L W U ??????????????????????????

Stick with Planes Eric, SHIPS are way out of your League, WAY OUT !

I DON'T doubt for a second that many freighters are specifically destined for CHS, or Port Elizabeth in EWR. Helll, if Toyota has a 'load of corollas SPECIFICALLY designated for East Coast dealers and these cars are NOT Super Time sensitive, sure they'll spend the time to dock at CHS/ORF/BWI/PHL/EWR/NYC or BOS.

Prince Rupert or YVR, you say ??? I'm fairly sure it's the same Union from SAN to ANC. (Like in....." You don't handle our USA cargo, we wont unload your Canadian cargo" ) !!!!!!!!!!

As for HALIFAX NS ????
Eric. W T F ???
Did you FLUNK Geography in school ???
Panamax ships or NO Panamax ships. Do YOU...REALLY....F..THINK that a shipper, who has cargo for (say) ORD, is going to sail one half way around the WORLD from say Korea/Japan, down to Panama, then all-the-way-up-to Nova Scotia, to bypass the rigid I L W U ??????????????????????????

Stick with Planes Eric, SHIPS are way out of your League, WAY OUT !

I know you probably still believe the Earth is flat, but it's not.

1) Via the Suez Canal, Halifax is the first East Cost port you can get to from Southeast Asia on a Great Circle routing.

2) Very little is made in Korea or Japan aside from cars... but lots of consumer goods come out of Shenzen.

3) From Shenzen, Charleston via Panama and Halifax via Suez are virtually equidistant.

4) From India, Singapore, and Malaysia, Halifax is even closer than Charleston.

Both CP and CN have plenty of capability to bring cargo into Chicago, Detroit, and the midwest.

You can keep on believing that the west coast ports aren't avoidable. The data is showing otherwise.

I know you probably still believe the Earth is flat, but it's not.

1) Via the Suez Canal, Halifax is the first East Cost port you can get to from Southeast Asia on a Great Circle routing.

2) Very little is made in Korea or Japan aside from cars... but lots of consumer goods come out of Shenzen.

3) From Shenzen, Charleston via Panama and Halifax via Suez are virtually equidistant.

4) From India, Singapore, and Malaysia, Halifax is even closer than Charleston.

Both CP and CN have plenty of capability to bring cargo into Chicago, Detroit, and the midwest.

You can keep on believing that the west coast ports aren't avoidable. The data is showing otherwise.

Hmmm.
I wonder WHY the west coast shippers just 'got WOOD' because the ILWU just ratified a contract ensuring labor peace thru 2022 ???????????

Most likely you'll be on here educating us on the POLAR ROUTE that EVERY individual freighter 'could' utilize, along with their own necessary ' ICE BREAKER ' !!

Never forget the old saying Eric,....." SHITE from SHINOLA ", because Lately it defines you to a tee !!

Your Turn !

You're checking out the shippers for wood?... Gross. That would make you Spacey Bears.