Not open for further replies.

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
US Airways and Pilots Embrace Survival

By Eric Gillin
TheStreet.com Staff Reporter
2/25/2004 7:07 AM EST

The heated rivalry between US Airways' (UAIR:Nasdaq - commentary - research) management and pilots has given way to tense cooperation. This is the latest example of a fundamental shift in labor relations due to growing competition from low-cost carriers, and it could also mean good things for other carriers that are still hoping to renegotiate union contracts.

The Street.com Article

Jim

"We will engage with management in a comprehensive solution to return airline to profitability. It will require participation by all parties, not just pilots."

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to say that business is not improving dramatically. It's tough out there, and the thought is that sooner or later, unions are going to have to give -- it's just a question of when," said Helane Becker, airline analyst at The Benchmark Company, a New York-based brokerage firm.

I wonder how the IAM feels about this especially after making such a bold statement like "The Concession Stand is Closed"?

The problem is I really don't think you can trust management. From the rumbling on the floor there are many mechanics who are voicing their displeasure with the company's stance on the Airbus farmout issue. I doubt very much if the last two concession contracts would have gone through(even when we were confused) if they would have know the company was planning to outsource the Airbus work. Many of those who voted for the concessions are a bit upset, and are against the IAM even meeting with the company. We are under contract, time for the company to honor it!!!!!!

As for the pilot who put Bronner in the same class as Jesus, well I have my own opinion on who to associate him with............... :down:

tug_slug
Posted on Feb 25 2004, 10:47 AM

I wonder how the IAM feels about this especially after making such a bold statement like "The Concession Stand is Closed"?
The IAM leadership is being characteristically quiet. Though the view on the floor seems quite unified.

Full Pay Till The Last Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back