U.S. May Ease Rule On Labor Vote

Dig--
It doesn't matter how many of what kind of trips are in a base, except when it comes to longer Int'l trips that require more than 3 days. Then, they build A day blocks that are 4 or 5 days, etc..
The whole point is that if you aren't used on day 1, then you're good for a 2 day, then if not used for a 2 day, you're good for a turn. OR, you could fly a 2 day on your first 2 Adays, then you're still good for a turn (11 hours later) on your last A day. The point is: it gives Scheduling much more flexibility than what you are proposing. Your idea will NOT float....but you'll learn these realities when you truly crossover.
I'll tell you a little story: About a year ago, we got an email asking f/a's not to throw ice bags on the floor to break up the ice (for the bev. cart) And I agree, I think throwing them on the floor is really tacky, but with dry ice put on the bags all the time now, help us out here Delta, you know? My friend responded by asking for rubber mallets to break the ice up like AA and UAL and probably other airlines have and got absolutely NO response back.

Dignity--

I have been a DL employee for many, many years and I will tell you this:
DL is very slow to make any kind of changes. They are better now than they used to be but not by much. Ask any DL f/a if they feel that what they write up in F.A.C.T.S is addressed in a timely fashion or even at all.

See we agree again :rolleyes: ! FACTS is horrible and I believe it depends on where you are based
as far as what degree of horribleness..
However, I have had two separate incidents regarding catering this past year. I would continually
write it up in FACTS, no response, nothing changed. I decided that yes we do have an open door
policy and I looked up in the company directory and was lucky enough to find the person who is in
charge of catering. Steve Tuffinelli (sp?) Anyway he actually understood what I was talking about and
within one weeks time Both stations were fixed. A few months later a different issue and a different station,
and I received the same results. The moral of this story. Some things are broken, but others are not.
I was very happy to know that we do in-fact have an open door policy. Its up to the F/A's to use it.
Of course, I thought I was doing someone else job, however the issue was important to me because
it affected my work environment and the problem was fixed. Not only for me, but my fellow f/a's as well.
Most like to complain (generally speaking here) but are unwilling to go the extra step. Some expect
others to do it, or let it fix itself.. But I believe what they use to tell us... Taking ownership of a problem.
Both Management and F/A's need to do this.

My NW friend says he believes that it's better to go with AFA now and if their organizational structure/ways of doing business with DL is not to our liking, THEN, he says it will be easier to form our own Independent.
well that sounds like your friend is questioning the AFA if someone remotely brings up the idea to change unions
before they are even on the property.

Any NW Flight Attendant who is being absolutely truthful with you would have explained exactly what I have written about the experiences of the PFAA and AFA..

(maybe they have)

it has been a disaster and these people
know it.

the dues increase was a slap in our face.

I have tried..really tried to be understanding even though I just do not agree
with a lot of what is happening this past year up until they pulled the request.

If the majority is OK with it, then we all will have no choice but deal with it and I will
once again pay all my dues, and vote on issues like I always have and hope it gets better...

There will be a major shift in Leadership you can count on it.

These career unionist who have nothing better to do but cause problems need to be returned
to reality.

I completely understand protecting the contract but I also believe in telling the whole truth, not just bits and pieces
just to get in the door.

The process of changing unions is not "easier" unless something significant is occuring such as being bankrupt
or we are in the middle of having the contract gutted. It is possible to change but someone just
not being thrilled and wanting to change.. its a very lengthy process that may not happen at all.

so easier not really, maybe the word is possible.

you know, I am just giving you a heads up so when you see the dysfunction full frontal you will not be surprised.

*I will never support going independent ever again if it comes to that.

Anyhoo!

Dig--
It doesn't matter how many of what kind of trips are in a base, except when it comes to longer Int'l trips that require more than 3 days. Then, they build A day blocks that are 4 or 5 days, etc..
we have a lot of 4 and 5 day domestic trips that people love, especially the commuters

so this is going to be interesting.

The whole point is that if you aren't used on day 1, then you're good for a 2 day, then if not used for a 2 day, you're good for a turn. OR, you could fly a 2 day on your first 2 Adays, then you're still good for a turn (11 hours later) on your last A day. The point is: it gives Scheduling much more flexibility than what you are proposing. Your idea will NOT float
well if it is regular that people are not used on day 1 and day 2 and that is on going, that tells me it is possible to break up 3 A days. I understand scheduling issues, but then I also understand its not always necessary to have everyone on the same amount of reserve days.

....but you'll learn these realities when you truly crossover.
well sure!

but I know things can evolve to suit everyone.. especially when there are over 20 thousand in the ranks.

more people = more options

I'll tell you a little story: About a year ago, we got an email asking f/a's not to throw ice bags on the floor to break up the ice (for the bev. cart) And I agree, I think throwing them on the floor is really tacky, but with dry ice put on the bags all the time now, help us out here Delta, you know? My friend responded by asking for rubber mallets to break the ice up like AA and UAL and probably other airlines have and got absolutely NO response back.
that story just cracks me up!

See we agree again :rolleyes: ! FACTS is horrible and I believe it depends on where you are based
as far as what degree of horribleness..
However, I have had two separate incidents regarding catering this past year. I would continually
write it up in FACTS, no response, nothing changed. I decided that yes we do have an open door
policy and I looked up in the company directory and was lucky enough to find the person who is in
charge of catering.
we use FAST and it actually seems to address issues. I will always utilize that whenever possible
due to catering. I think its important at least use every tool available
but really like the fact you took the initiative to go directly to someone in charge and got
results.

Taking ownership of a problem.
Both Management and F/A's need to do this.
exactly.

Is anyone else wondering that a certain "FA" certainly posts a lot, beginning to think about someone being a management plant.

you want to compare her 2,000 + post to your 14,000 + ??
All because someone has a different opinion than you automatically
get accused of being a plant? Can't an employee actually
be motivated to have ideas different than the AFA ? even though
they aren't getting paid? Get real! Is the Union Paying you to
rant about Delta? Is someone making accusations against you, even
though you work for UAL? You got to come up with something better
than that.

automatically
get accused of being a plant?
I remember when I first checked into the apartments the day before initial training
on a cold and snowy day so many years ago all up in Minne-snow-ta... :cold:

and being told to "watch out" for the...Management plant they put in there with us
to make sure we are doing our studies and keeping our rooms clean reporting
everything back so you better make sure you open those books! :cop:

20 plus years later,

everyone who was there ended up being a Flight Attendant
for 20 plus years! :lol:

Bababooy,

I have a confession to make and going to come clean with it all!

I love Delta Air Lines.

(ok I said it)

1. I have always loved Delta
2. I have always admired Delta Flight Attendants
3. I have always wanted to work for Delta Air Lines.

after they announced the merger and I had stopped jumping up and down and screaming,

"miracles do happen"

I realized it may not always be perfect, but garsh darn
going to make it work as a team! :up:

WOOT WOOT !! :D

Bababooy,

I have a confession to make and going to come clean with it all!

I love Delta Air Lines.

(ok I said it)

1. I have always loved Delta
2. I have always admired Delta Flight Attendants
3. I have always wanted to work for Delta Air Lines.

after they announced the merger and I had stopped jumping up and down and screaming,

"miracles do happen"

I realized it may not always be perfect, but garsh darn
going to make it work as a team! :up:

WOOT WOOT !! :D

Blasphemy ! :shock:

Feeling appreciated and welcomed by a new group of peers who actually supported the group through out
the entire process of training, wanting us to succeed was invaluable.

Making the group feel part of the team wanting us to be there was something
personally have not felt for a long time on that level.

It is not just about learning procedures and knowing what to do, it is also about the human element,
a positive experience, a positive learning enviroment, a feeling of knowing if the group comes together
and focuses on the right thing, the right thing will happen.

A feeling of being supported and simply, making someone feel good, not only about themselves, but their career and their company.

What I would like to know, how will the Union commit to the airline preserving positive aspects while reinforcing
and being a valuable investment in the company and people by working together as team? At the same time
actively involving themselves to resolve issues instead of creating divison?

Because right now and based on what has happened this year, I don't see it.

What I do see is staying the same course, we have always known.
Delaying and some wanting a sense of security at all cost, regardless how much damage it may cause to a positive working environment and an ability to move forward.

I believe in second chances always, when it begins to be the third, the fourth...

It is the point when something really needs to stop or it is time to refocus.

Placing limits and continuing enabling ideas that simply does not work = you will always be in the middle of something that,

does not work.

Dignity said:
Your answer is easy, take a look at SWA, the most highly unionized airline, with a terrific relationship with their management, the highest paid, and most successful. Your management feeding you crap that you can't have a union and remain happy and work together with a union is a fear tactic, and you buy into it. Stop drinking their kool-aid or you will drown yourself. Lets take a look at AA UAL SWA right now, they are negotiating their entrie contracts, you will never be able to do that, they will give you enough to make you happy and nothing more, you wont negotiate anything, as much as you want to believe you do. It's really just grade school logic and brainwashing, but it has seemed to work all these years..

Your management feeding you crap that you can't have a union and remain happy and work together with a union is a fear tactic, and you buy into it. Stop drinking their kool-aid or you will drown yourself. L
....and how is life treating you over at UAL?

....and how is life treating you over at UAL?

Great, I cant complain too much, I know that every rule i work under i vote on, and it is not imposed on me. Right now we are in Section 6, so we are negotiating everything, whatever we negotiate and vote in is our decision, not something given to us by our mgmt... or lack thereof... Drink some more koolaid...

Latest posts