U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson has a message for US Airways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the NC Congressman(Senator?) that intervened in the FAA's business and helped change the age 60 retirement age?

Excuse me? The role of Congress is to speak for "We The People", ergo a member of Congress is not "intervening" or inter-fearing as you imply, they are merely doing their job.

Ms Hutchinson is merely trying to protect those she represents. She views US as a threat to jobs in TX, she's reacting just like Gov. Rendell did when PIT was slipping away.

Excuse me? The role of Congress is to speak for "We The People", ergo a member of Congress is not "intervening" or inter-fearing as you imply, they are merely doing their job.

Ms Hutchinson is merely trying to protect those she represents. She views US as a threat to jobs in TX, she's reacting just like Gov. Rendell did when PIT was slipping away.

You are excused. The FAA is tasked with aviation safety and was in the process of evaluating changing the retirement age. Congress stepped in and pushed it, as I remember, making a new law. So, were they just protecting those they represent? Or some of the ones they represent, just like Ms. Hutchinson?

You are excused. The FAA is tasked with aviation safety and was in the process of evaluating changing the retirement age. Congress stepped in and pushed it, as I remember, making a new law. So, were they just protecting those they represent? Or some of the ones they represent, just like Ms. Hutchinson?

Absolutely, she couldn't care or know less about what is good for the AA employees. I'd bet money that some of higher ups at American that are in danger of losing their rice bowls called and informed her she was in danger of losing hers.

Bean

Reactions: 2 people
Or the NC Congressman(Senator?) that intervened in the FAA's business and helped change the age 60 retirement age?
Absolutely. Get the NMB, FAA, DOT, OHSA, EPA, etc out of the airline's business. After all -

If the Government would stay the heII away from this industry it would sort itself out and the employees would make out better in the long run????

Jim

Absolutely. Get the NMB, FAA, DOT, OHSA, EPA, etc out of the airline's business. After all -
Jim

If they have a role?? .... I wish they were competent. They never know when to stop. Look what a fricking mess they have the entire country in? They should privatize all of the above.

Reactions: 1 person
Absolutely, she couldn't care or know less about what is good for the AA employees. I'd bet money that some of higher ups at American that are in danger of losing their rice bowls called and informed her she was in danger of losing hers.

Bean

"Absolutely, she couldn't care or know less about what is good for the AA employees." Agreed.

Even if not directly a case of "called and informed her she was in danger of losing hers."....well, at the very least, we can assume some degree of "money talks" to be in play......and I've yet to ever hear of any politician with deaf ears in that area....

If they have a roll?? .... I wish they were competent. They never know when to stop. Look what a fricking mess they have the entire country in? They should privatize all of the above.
Mmm...rolls. Too bad I just had breakfast.

I agree. Let's replace a mandate for public safety and welfare with the profit motive. We'll enjoy more mishaps and cover-ups at a greater speed and lower cost than the government does now.

But plenty are Libertarians except for when they want government intervention... :lol: In case you missed it, that was my point - USA think Hutchington should shut up, but let an Arizona politician advocate a US/AA merger and he'd probably be tickled pink.

Jim

But plenty are Libertarians except for when they want government intervention... :lol: In case you missed it, that was my point - USA think Hutchington should shut up, but let an Arizona politician advocate a US/AA merger and he'd probably be tickled pink.

Jim

In case you missed it on the first post, that was kinda my point too.

Her husband has lobbied for DFW Airport.

Dallas Love Field has some critics raising conflict-of-interest questions involving the mayor, U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison and her husband.
The senator supports flight restrictions known as the Wright amendment. She has been accused of having a conflict because her husband, attorney Ray Hutchison, does legal work for Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.

Link to story

Jim
=======================================================================

Hey all,
I thought I'd piggyback on Jim's post since he seems to be a anti east thinker.

I was wondering how much support we could drum up, if any for a campaign similar to Delta's back when....

I propose a " Keep Cactus, my Cactus" mantra..!! Let the world know that we may merge but the call sign and heritage is firmly planted in tempe!!

Not un like there slogan of keep delta my delta, we could use this as a way to brow beat American into submitting to our idea of seniority integration...

besides, I consider it a heritage thing now....those american pilots can change to our way....the've been usung that American call sign for what? 80ish years now? get over it.....

just my opinions, discus amongst your selves......)

besides, if an American pilot hired in 1989 is gonna get slotted behind a 2005 hire at America West, he better realize his place inthe pecking order of the crew room...

there's gonna be a learning curve here, we need to start now....

A fine example of a senseless post..
Too bad you decided to come back with that informative post.
Well done....

Jim

Jim I could careless what happens with this merger ....
But for 30 plus years I have watched government over-site & politics run this industry into the ground.
Consolidation blocked for no good reason other than to protect start ups, or some ones special interest. International routes awarded unfairly, strictly on a political bases.
Over taxing of the industry,(Crandell once said the airlines are nothing more than a tax collecting arm of the government).
100's of thousands of pensions dumped on the PBGC (tax payers), in the name of cheap tickets, and cheap labor contracts.
When I saw another politician sticking her nose in I had a flash back to 2000, when James Oberstar cost me $100,000 in my 401k and any hope of retiring with dignity.
I just hope she knows what she's doing, it seems like labor gets screwed every time they get involved.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts