U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson has a message for US Airways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, "An eye for an eye and tooth for tooth" is.

You are a good Sunday School student, Sniglet. I'll give you credit for that. ;)

Deuteronomy 19:21 Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

That's it embarrister, go ahead and lash out.

When you have nothing left...

I have something left, although it has nothing to do with your opining. Cataloging my specific beefs with your positions (not to mention the indiscriminate way you capitalize words in your posts when lower-case is clearly called for) would require an effort I'm not prepared to undertake at this advancing hour. I do, however, implore you to change that weird avatar picture because it is evocative of a creepy neighbor staring out of the bedroom window through parted mini blinds, or, alternately the view of a criminally insane death row serial killer through the narrow opening of cell door giving deliberately vague answers to detectives investigating a spate of recent homicides (a la Hannibal Lechter). Either way, it isn't good, and I'm telling you as a friend, of course.

Oooh, the ridiculous extreme game. Let's nationalize every aircraft operation from cropdusters to passenger carriers. Smoke 'em if you got 'em! :lol:
I can top that. Why not kick out the middle men and replace Congressmen and Senators with the CEO's of the Fortune 500?

On my calendar, April Fools was two weeks ago Sunday. :p
I have contradictory feelings regarding Doug Parker. In some ways he represents to me what I most hate about American corporate culture, on the other hand I think he's a respectably competent and capable businessman. He has strengths and weaknesses as both a person and a professional, some very pronounced. I guess this makes him a human being just like the rest of us.

Why not kick out the middle men and replace Congressmen and Senators with the CEO's of the Fortune 500?
Too late, it's already been done.

A Venn diagram released by Harvard law professor and political activist Larry Lessig reveals the shocking connections between our government and banking and investment giant Goldman Sachs.

http://www.infowars.com/goldman-sachs-investing-in-political-influence/

You are a good Sunday School student, Sniglet. I'll give you credit for that. ;)

Deuteronomy 19:21 Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.
Old testament=old news for reference only. Live by the word of the new testament:love thy neighbor....turn the other cheek.
amen.

The world would look very different if we as humanity chose to practice this principle a few verses down from the text cited by Signals....

44But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you;

and even more....
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians+2:3-5&version=NIV

3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

Applying ANY element of faith to life gets tricky but even moreso to business... but I doubt if Sen. Hutchinson would need to write any letters to anyone if all parties involved approached the current AA and US situations with that mindset.

Can you imagine what labor relations in any company would look like if it were based on those principles?

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.