U.S. suspends flights to all Cuban destinations except Havana

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
Not for reasons you would think. Lack of traffic ain't it. U.S. State Department requested the suspension trying to stop the flow of U.S. dollars to Cuba to put the squeeze on Cuba because Cuba supports Maduro's regime in Venezuela.

OK, so Cuba loses in-flow of U.S. dollars so the next action on their part will be to announce that they no longer support the government of their primary trade partner (Venezuela). Yeah, that should work.

https://simpleflying.com/united-states-cuban-flights-suspension/

Yeah, there's no chance Cuba might actually wake up and see any benefit in switching primary trade partners...

I would agree with you except we have no idea whether anyone else besides Venezuela wants what Cuba has to sell, or is willing to sell to Cuba if their flow of U.S. dollars is reduced to a point requiring paying international trade bills in Cuban pesos. The on-line currency conversion app I use says that the rate is 1 US Dollar = 1 Cuban Peso. To tell you the truth, I kinda doubt that. I think that rate was set by Cuban law. :rolleyes: Seems to me that rate would make trade with any other country nigh on to impossible.

Latest posts