UA AND US Merger Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not a bad deal US would gain more of the europe and gain a new market in asia from the deal. UA and US are much smaller than they were back when they first try to merge. I believe that the jobs should be protect before any merge talks happens. Employees invested to much for them to be left out of a job!

another link....
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6365PN20100407

US + UA = Good, IMHO.

With QIK/SHARES for a GDS HA HA HA HA

With Dougie at the helm.....OMG I can't even begin to imagine the train wreck.

Stay tuned, all. Fasten your seat belts.

Its not a bad deal US would gain more of the europe and gain a new market in asia from the deal. UA and US are much smaller than they were back when they first try to merge. I believe that the jobs should be protect before any merge talks happens. Employees invested to much for them to be left out of a job!

I can only imagine it now with the pilot/FA groups. Fences will go up everywhere for the next 20 years.

Here's 'yer sign:

lr73hf73nd4.jpg

F/A's Merge with DOH !!

Yeah, and you finally get rotating reserve. :lol:

US Airways Group, Inc. New US A(NYSE: LCC)
After Hours: 8.30 1.48 (21.70%) 7:12pm ET

Last Trade: 6.82
Trade Time: 4:01pm ET
Change: 0.26 (3.67%)
Prev Close: 7.08
Open: 7.06

Someone made some money tonight!
Ladies and gentlemen please stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop! :blink:

It might be messy, but it does two things, it keeps market share from going to OneWorld and AMR. If UAL and US merger it locks CAL and US in STAR pretty much, leaving AMR out. IF CAL and UAL merged, US would quickly hookup with AMR. this will all be very interesting.

My bets are on UA-CO. The glaring hole in UA's network is NY. US is abandoning LGA. I personally think that Mr. Parker is getting a bit desperate. CO has been in the process of relocating its operations at UA hubs and joint teams of UA and CO managers have been working to streamline processes. Furthermore, CO is part of the ATI with AC, and LH. US is not. A UA-US combination will not achieve maximization of scope. A CO-UA combination will.

Anyone know how many FA's United has on furlough? Cause those of us on the bottom of seniority over here are none to pleased with this announcement.
Just sit back and take the ride..... we at the real USAir have been through it many times.... Lets see.... one thing you should be gratefull for, is the fact that UA is an afa carrier as well....... That give you....yes, you DATE OF HIRE.....
Or would you rather merge w/ an non afa carrier such as AA which would STAPLE.... and CUT anywhere they please.
So Sit back and enjoy the ride..... remember DATE of Hire.... the only way a merger should go. Sorry if you are
junior and have not been here very long to know about this sort of thing. Just sit back and relax. Things will go weather you want them to or not. IMHO... good luck.....

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts