UA AND US Merger Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Parker managing a new combined airline to a profit, has he done it at LCC yet?
...Same for the plastic first class cutlery and closet removal...

Yes, he has. The plastic ware in FC is testament to that fact. :) We'd be making cash hand over fist had the economy not gone to pot and fuel blown up. We're even looking at a profit for this year. Like him or hate him, he does know how to make money. The actual steps taken might piss folks off (charging for beverages, luggage, food, etc.) but they bring in cash and that helps the bottom line. And it seems like UA could use a little help trimming the fat.

Yes, he has. The plastic ware in FC is testament to that fact. :) We'd be making cash hand over fist had the economy not gone to pot and fuel blown up. We're even looking at a profit for this year. Like him or hate him, he does know how to make money. The actual steps taken might piss folks off (charging for beverages, luggage, food, etc.) but they bring in cash and that helps the bottom line. And it seems like UA could use a little help trimming the fat.
Agree!!! ( hows that?)

Its going to be a CO/UA merger not a UA/US

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=37850

So interesting how some people take random articles, make assumptions and twist it to fit what they see. When your phone rings with Doug and Glenn on the horn then make such a statement. None of us know jack and that’s the dirty truth.

Reactions: 4 people
Still in the fetal position, sucking my thumb and switching the light on and off. :0

Actually, that's incorrect. The Nicolau award does not prevent any further progress, the East pilots failing to abide by the terms of binding arbitration prevents any further progress.

Really? There were 3 parties to the TA, east, west and the company. We all agreed to the same thing. How come our "leaders" in Tempe didn't say "sorry guys, we had a deal, you will have to live with it", instead of letting east and west beat each others brains out? They didn't "lead" us in this merger, and I don't think they have the capacity to lead us in any other merger.

Really? There were 3 parties to the TA, east, west and the company. We all agreed to the same thing. How come our "leaders" in Tempe didn't say "sorry guys, we had a deal, you will have to live with it", instead of letting east and west beat each others brains out? They didn't "lead" us in this merger, and I don't think they have the capacity to lead us in any other merger.
First of all, considering the financial gains made over the years this debacle has gone on, you can't seriously wonder why they never stepped in. And would it have made any difference? If you're willing to sue fellow pilots you're willing to sue the company for forcing nic on you. I can't even imagine the fall out THAT would have created. And again, the only folks keeping this company from being fully merged RIGHT NOW are the pilots. The FA's would be merged if not for the wait to find out about duty rigs and other 'me too' issues that can't be decided without you. As much as we've been screaming about breaking with you, the 'me too' folks scream louder. Every other group is merged and has been for years. YEARS if you can believe it. So again, I fail to see how failing to take a futile act to attempt to 'force' the pilots to accept the nic means our leadership couldn't pull off an additional successful merger.

First of all, considering the financial gains made over the years this debacle has gone on, you can't seriously wonder why they never stepped in. And would it have made any difference? If you're willing to sue fellow pilots you're willing to sue the company for forcing nic on you. I can't even imagine the fall out THAT would have created. And again, the only folks keeping this company from being fully merged RIGHT NOW are the pilots. The FA's would be merged if not for the wait to find out about duty rigs and other 'me too' issues that can't be decided without you. As much as we've been screaming about breaking with you, the 'me too' folks scream louder. Every other group is merged and has been for years. YEARS if you can believe it. So again, I fail to see how failing to take a futile act to attempt to 'force' the pilots to accept the nic means our leadership couldn't pull off an additional successful merger.

The representative of our beloved leaders testified in federal court that as far as the company was concerned, the NIC was the seniority list. Did you know that? So, again, why didn't they lead and say this up front? The same reason they have done everything else: it was the cheapest route. Look where that has gotten us.

As far as your contract, get over it. Take charge of your own lives and move on. You don't have to wait on us. Did the mechanics wait to see what the pilots got? Dispatchers? Woe is you.

The representative of our beloved leaders testified in federal court that as far as the company was concerned, the NIC was the seniority list. Did you know that? So, again, why didn't they lead and say this up front? The same reason they have done everything else: it was the cheapest route. Look where that has gotten us.

As far as your contract, get over it. Take charge of your own lives and move on. You don't have to wait on us. Did the mechanics wait to see what the pilots got? Dispatchers? Woe is you.
Yes, I know that and I already responded to that fact. Read my first line. They did it for the money. :)

And as for our contract, we do have to wait on you. The East contract has a 'Me Too' clause. The East FA's don't want to give that up. Or rather the majority of the East FA's don't want to give that up. Getting the majority to understand that it's still possible to have duty day protections outside of what the pilots can and cannot fly has been an uphill battle. I suppose it's par for the course when you're dealing with FA's with 40+ years of seniority. New ideas and all that. If it were up to me, we'd be finishing up our Section 6 negotiations or starting CHAOS to get those things done. But again those options aren't available to us thanks to the company's refusal to negotiate and lack of NMB support on the issue. But in any case, we're waiting on you.

And woe's me indeed.

Did I mention the food bank in our Union Office?

I suppose it's par for the course when you're dealing with FA's with 40+ years of seniority. New ideas and all that.

Come on, come clean, with an attitude like that you're really a west pilot, aren't you? How many years have you flown? Have you flown with paired crews and without? Could it be that they feel that is a better way to do business? Naw, they just want it to screw you.

You are free to take control of your destiny anytime the majority wants to.

Come on, come clean, with an attitude like that you're really a west pilot, aren't you? How many years have you flown? Have you flown with paired crews and without? Could it be that they feel that is a better way to do business? Naw, they just want it to screw you.

I'm not a pilot. I'm a FA. And I'm not hating on them for having 40 years of seniority, just the fact that they abhor change so adamantly. Though I'm sure I'd feel the same if I'd been doing things the same way for 40 years as well. And it has nothing to do with me feeling anyone is screwing me. I don't think anyone is screwing with me. I do think that waiting for the pilots is a mistake cause it could last my natural life if some had their way. I don't have the luxury of waiting it out. And while flying with the pilots does give some nice benefits, like building strong crew cohesion and guaranteeing shorter work days, it does take away a great deal of my freedom to work higher credit trips and have more days off. I enjoy the 20+ credit four days and the fact that I'll reach my guarantee without having to work extra days to do it.

And your comment about the majority sums it up nicely. We're not in the majority, not by a long shot :)

I do what I can, which is fight the me too battle and the pilot battle. I work as many angles as I can cause it's all I have available to me.

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/90723109.html Will Parker go in another drinking binge if this does not go through?

I'm

I do what I can, which is fight the me too battle and the pilot battle. I work as many angles as I can cause it's all I have available to me.

I guess that's what gets under my skin. Fight the me too battle all you want, it's yours, the pilot battle is not and I doubt you know as much as you think you.

Again, the "40" year F/As that want to say paired don't want to just because they hate change, they have done it bothe ways and find it a better system. You didn't answer my question. How much esperience do you have with it, and have you ever done it our way?

Im east and have flown both with paired crews at USAir and without elsewhere. Im all for splitting. This tends to be true of anyone who has worked somewhere other than Piedmont-US etc. It is true that the me-too supporters tend to be the same ones who aren't very familiar with their contract or how things work in general. Start a conversation about it and they inevitably go back to the same arguments- weather delays, the company will break the contract, they'll be doing LAX turns etc. They also seem to believe that the larger legacy carriers operate like US, with F/As flying pilot pairings (they don't). Most of them are just repeating an opinion they overheard. They make this big statements about never splitting from the pilots at all cost, then in the next breath they ask why we don't have a contract yet, which shows just how stupid many of them are.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts