UA AND US Merger Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that's what gets under my skin. Fight the me too battle all you want, it's yours, the pilot battle is not and I doubt you know as much as you think you.

Again, the "40" year F/As that want to say paired don't want to just because they hate change, they have done it bothe ways and find it a better system. You didn't answer my question. How much esperience do you have with it, and have you ever done it our way?

Yes, I have. Back in 96 when I worked for HP. I enjoyed the experience of flying with the same crew. But I was much younger then and it was all about the experience. I was flying and loving it. Now, it's about paying my bills without having to work my hindquarters off. Or maximizing my extra earning by cramming as many hours into the trip I can pick up as possible.

The pilots don't have the luxury of keeping it to themselves anymore. The outcome is definitely all about you, but you've made it public, you've dragged us kicking and screaming into this fight and you can't get bothered now that we're paying attention. Exactly how many full page ads in the USA Today have there been now? And remind me where we are having this discussion at again?

What got under my skin were comments made by some of the more vocal among you that you'd rather take the company down than accept the nic. I got REAL involved after that. And you can't blame me.

And again, I never claimed to be an expert, and again, no one on this board is, but I haven't said anything that hasn't been said before. I'm not offering airhead peanut gallery comments just to hear myself speak. In any case, this isn't a private USAPA board and I've just as much right to be here posting my view as you do to be here reading it.

Thank you.

Most of them are just repeating an opinion they overheard. They make this big statements about never splitting from the pilots at all cost, then in the next breath they ask why we don't have a contract yet, which shows just how stupid many of them are.

Wow, sure you're not a west pilot too? :blink: Most F/As I fly with that support flying with a paired crew, give good reasons for it, and that's their opinion. If the majority of you don't want it, so be it, I don't really care . Besides, I didn't ask you, I asked the west expert.

I actually disagree with a ot of them, but it's not my right to say what you should do. I will support what YOU decide.

Yes, I have. Back in 96 when I worked for HP. I enjoyed the experience of flying with the same crew. But I was much younger then and it was all about the experience. I was flying and loving it. Now, it's about paying my bills without having to work my hindquarters off. Or maximizing my extra earning by cramming as many hours into the trip I can pick up as possible.

The pilots don't have the luxury of keeping it to themselves anymore. The outcome is definitely all about you, but you've made it public, you've dragged us kicking and screaming into this fight and you can't get bothered now that we're paying attention. Exactly how many full page ads in the USA Today have there been now? And remind me where we are having this discussion at again?

What got under my skin were comments made by some of the more vocal among you that you'd rather take the company down than accept the nic. I got REAL involved after that. And you can't blame me.

And again, I never claimed to be an expert, and again, no one on this board is, but I haven't said anything that hasn't been said before. I'm not offering airhead peanut gallery comments just to hear myself speak. In any case, this isn't a private USAPA board and I've just as much right to be here posting my view as you do to be here reading it.

Thank you.

No, thank you. That wasn't that hard was it? I actually understand your reasons for wanting what you do. Kind of aggravating when someone gets in your business, isn't it?

One ad, I believe and that was to fight against the company's actions. I personally disagreed with it, but if it was a F/A ad, I wouldn't be commenting on it. Tell me all you know about the fuel school fiasco.

The pilots didn't drag anybody into it. Each side is doing what it thinks it needs to do to protect their career. As I said, you give the company, a party to the TA, a free pass but lay it on the east pilots. They could have ended this years ago, and that's what leaders do. Real leaders.

Anyway, we have taken this thread way off course, if you wan tto continue we should do it via PM.

You cant blame us either because the west took our futures away from us. Im not going to get into it here, but I think the United deal will offer some resolve to this whole America West mess and move things forward. Thats what we all want, we want to work together.
I dont konw how much longer USAir can last without getting some money to help us pay our debts. Parker is desperate, that's for sure.

Continental's CEO last message regarding the UA/Us ?/CO ? speculated merger rumours.

"On the heels of last week’s unconfirmed reports that United and US Airways are in merger discussions, today’s news includes reports that unnamed sources are saying that CO and United are talking. We can’t stop people from speculating, but what we can do, and do better than anyone else, is continue to deliver industry-leading service and work every day to provide clean, safe and reliable air transportation. We are going to continue to work together to become profitable and make decisions that are in the best interests of our co-workers, stockholders, customers and the communities we serve."

Wow, sure you're not a west pilot too? :blink: Most F/As I fly with that support flying with a paired crew, give good reasons for it, and that's their opinion. If the majority of you don't want it, so be it, I don't really care . Besides, I didn't ask you, I asked the west expert.

I actually disagree with a ot of them, but it's not my right to say what you should do. I will support what YOU decide.

Yes, you're right. I'm a west pilot. My entire history of discussing east f/a issues has been a ruse to throw you off for today, when I announce an opinion contrary to what you think all of the f/as you work with hold.

Reactions: 2 people
, when I announce an opinion contrary to what you think all of the f/as you work with hold.

Show me where I said that I think all of the F/As I work with think one way, go ahead. Many don't want to remain paired with pilots so they can be more productive, but I would say most do. It's your attitude that impressed me, and seemed so familiar. I just love it when someone tells me what I think.

Again, the "40" year F/As that want to say paired don't want to just because they hate change, they have done it bothe ways and find it a better system. You didn't answer my question. How much esperience do you have with it, and have you ever done it our way?
[/quote]

It's funny that you keep mentioning these "40+" year flight attendants as if they are in the majority. I just looked at the seniority list and it seems there are under 150 active F/A's with 40 or more years. By my calculations that is a mere 3% of the seniority list on the East. How can that small amount decide what happens or what does not?

As usual here we go again with the east pilots vs. the west pilots. I'll say it if no one else will SHUT UP about the D@$M thing already & take it to your own thread.

This was supposed to be a merger thread & of course the "God" like pilots took it over for their precious battle. East vs. West who else is sick of all of this bickering?

I work at US too so my livelyhood hinges with US. How infrequently any other employees get mentioned that work at this company besides the pilots. We have customer sevice, fleet, & mechanics representing a good amount of employees. We count to just remember that.

Take the bickering to your own thread & let the chips fall where they may. What happens will happen.

Just my take on this second grade pissing match.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not a pilot. I'm a FA. And I'm not hating on them for having 40 years of seniority, just the fact that they abhor change so adamantly. Though I'm sure I'd feel the same if I'd been doing things the same way for 40 years as well.

Mr. Howard,

Please stop posing. I fly with West F/As who still put the ice on top of the cart, still use the old announcments, can't handle an HHD, and to my great dismay, still refuse to sit in the direct view jumpseat. What is their excuse for their aversion to minor changes?

The Me Too clause was something that the 40+ saw as an improvement in their work life The very good CRM that comes with it is a great safety benefit.

I am neither for or against it but I can understand that it is not something to be tossed aside lightly.

Unless you have had personal conversations with senior East F/As you have no concept of the number of changes that they have adapted to in their careers. To this day they are adapting to new aircraft, service procedures and some mighty long flying to TLV and all of the cultural changes that go with it. Your opinion of them reeks of AFA66 over-generalizing.

These mature F/As had the foresight to build snapbacks and protections into their contracts that address protracted negotiations, change of control, and let us not forget profit sharing. A big part of your financial worries is that you whippersnappers didn't think of these things and consequently have, well, financial problems.

Stop being smarmy. The may be in their later years of flying but there is alot you can learn from them.

As usual here we go again with the east pilots vs. the west pilots. I'll say it if no one else will SHUT UP about the D@$M thing already & take it to your own thread.

This was supposed to be a merger thread & of course the "God" like pilots took it over for their precious battle. East vs. West who else is sick of all of this bickering?

I work at US too so my livelyhood hinges with US. How infrequently any other employees get mentioned that work at this company besides the pilots. We have customer sevice, fleet, & mechanics representing a good amount of employees. We count to just remember that.

Take the bickering to your own thread & let the chips fall where they may. What happens will happen.

Just my take on this second grade pissing match.
THANK YOU!! Couldn't have said it better myself .. Grow up !!!

Many Pilots and F/A's feel that if you give something up in negotiations you won't get it back. We've all learned that the hard way over the last several years. Everyone in the game has something that is important to them and will fight tooth and nail for it. I cannot speak for the pilots, but I personally hope that if the merger with UA ends up being with US, there may be a decent sep package offered which may help a bit with F/A seniority stagnation. I guess I don't have much else to say about a merger between UA and US because now we are in a holding pattern (pun intended) waiting for CO and UA to come in to the dance after making out in the parking lot. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts