UA-NON-REV

PhxMama

Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Not to stir the pot but I am curious, how does UA board non revs? How many passes do they get? I would've posted this on the UA board but this board seems to be where everyone is right now. Any insight would be helpful as I am preparing myself that this merger will happen. Mama

Not to stir the pot but I am curious, how does UA board non revs? How many passes do they get? I would've posted this on the UA board but this board seems to be where everyone is right now. Any insight would be helpful as I am preparing myself that this merger will happen. Mama

Let me try to say this gently....maybe we should all refrain from questions like this. Or like, "what date of hire does the most junior UAL 747 captain have." Or, "where do you get your uniform shirts".

Sorry, I'm not trying to be negative. But I don't want us to start sounding like USAir did in 2000, all breathless and such and going out and putting UAL baggage tags on our crew bags. You notice the UAL folks aren't on here asking like questions about US Airways.

If it happens, if the parties concerned approve it and we're moving forward toward integration (2+ years?), there will be plenty of time for this stuff.

if you must know, it is done by seniority. and their buddy passes are 24 passes one way segment . if you do one trip and it has 4 legs that's 4 passes you used up. per my wife who use to fly for them . just to add. i think we shouldn't even ask these questions at the present moment . it is very premature.

Let me try to say this gently....maybe we should all refrain from questions like this. Or like, "what date of hire does the most junior UAL 747 captain have." Or, "where do you get your uniform shirts".

Sorry, I'm not trying to be negative. But I don't want us to start sounding like USAir did in 2000, all breathless and such and going out and putting UAL baggage tags on our crew bags. You notice the UAL folks aren't on here asking like questions about US Airways.

If it happens, if the parties concerned approve it and we're moving forward toward integration (2+ years?), there will be plenty of time for this stuff.

Well said.

Thank you for not flaming this thread, but we have been all over the board re f/a's(stapling), pilots(USAPA vs ALPA), which cities would be dehubbed etc. I was actually trying to look for the good and be prepared for the worst. If I inadvertantly opened a can which should not have been opened quite yet I do apologize. Again, thanx for being so gentle with me!! Mama

I think it's a fair question. We board non-revs by DOH seniority. We give retirees with 25+ yrs seniority higher boarding priority out of respect and loyalty. We value their contributions to our company and a little something for all of us to look forward to. Buddy passes don't save much $, better to buy a cheap ticket and be confirmed.

I think it's a fair question. We board non-revs by DOH seniority. We give retirees with 25+ yrs seniority higher boarding priority out of respect and loyalty. We value their contributions to our company and a little something for all of us to look forward to. Buddy passes don't save much $, better to buy a cheap ticket and be confirmed.

As any real airline should do.

We (EAST) use to do the same till A-west screwed things up, also if you spouse was traveling alone they went under your seniority we lost that to with A-West, now they go last.

Thank you for not flaming this thread, but we have been all over the board re f/a's(stapling), pilots(USAPA vs ALPA), which cities would be dehubbed etc. I was actually trying to look for the good and be prepared for the worst. If I inadvertantly opened a can which should not have been opened quite yet I do apologize. Again, thanx for being so gentle with me!! Mama

Mama ... there is nothing wrong with your question. The fact that you had to say "Thank You for not flaming this thread" points out the pathetic situation that exists on this forum. I find it difficult to comprehend the anger and contempt that is continually expressed in the postings here.

2B

We (EAST) use to do the same till A-west screwed things up, also if you spouse was traveling alone they went under your seniority we lost that to with A-West, now they go last.
That is because Parker was calling the shots in keeping your company from liquidating. Like it or not, Parker saved your company and that is why the pass travel has some AWA flavor to it as well as some other areas in your new company. You guys in the east should be commended, though. Your temper tantrums have worked quite well so far in keeping Parker's interests in your "concerns". Unfortunately, when the new kid in town shows up you will no longer be the majority and therefore your voice will be irrelevant to Parker. Also his patience has probably run out with the bullet holes in the aircraft, 737 off roading, neighborhood shootouts and all of your other antics you guys have pulled. I couldn't really blame him either. Peace.

That is because Parker was calling the shots in keeping your company from liquidating. Like it or not, Parker saved your company and that is why the pass travel has some AWA flavor to it as well as some other areas in your new company. You guys in the east should be commended, though. Your temper tantrums have worked quite well so far in keeping Parker's interests in your "concerns". Unfortunately, when the new kid in town shows up you will no longer be the majority and therefore your voice will be irrelevant to Parker. Also his patience has probably run out with the bullet holes in the aircraft, 737 off roading, neighborhood shootouts and all of your other antics you guys have pulled. I couldn't really blame him either. Peace.

..... as I was saying, Mama , ........

2B

P-Chill,

Am I right in my thinking you do not care much for USAirways East, just what you might gain from the past network?

who are you DP's agent or his parole officer?

the thought of DP at the control of the largest airline in the world should scare any rational person

as far as him saving US we'd have been no worse with SpongeBob and patrick

Latest posts