Ual-iam Agreement

synchronicity

Advanced
Nov 27, 2002
It took long enough, but the specifics of the IAM-UAl agreement are available at http://www.iam141.org/ualta.htm .

I haven't crunched all the numbers yet, obviously, but for PCE's it doesn't look half bad. The base is reduced 5.5% (up from the current emergency reduction of 11.5%), if UAL ever does make a profit they'll be participating in a profit share plan that looks like it might kick out some money. The "success sharing" payments are gutted but they weren't much anyway, the vacation is essentially reduced by one week for people with 3 or more (bummer for my wife, as she'll go from 3 weeks back down to 2), the medical and dental remains unchanged (good), the sick pay is 80% for first 56 hours.

And we (it's my wife, so I guess I can say "we") lose two vacation days and get double time instead of double time and a half.

Again, I haven't crunched all the numbers yet, but it doesn't look as bad as I feared. The base will go up by more than I expected, at least.

-synchronicity

synchronicity said:
It took long enough, but the specifics of the IAM-UAl agreement are available at http://www.iam141.org/ualta.htm .

I haven't crunched all the numbers yet, obviously, but for PCE's it doesn't look half bad. The base is reduced 5.5% (up from the current emergency reduction of 11.5%), if UAL ever does make a profit they'll be participating in a profit share plan that looks like it might kick out some money. The "success sharing" payments are gutted but they weren't much anyway, the vacation is essentially reduced by one week for people with 3 or more (bummer for my wife, as she'll go from 3 weeks back down to 2), the medical and dental remains unchanged (good), the sick pay is 80% for first 56 hours.

And we (it's my wife, so I guess I can say "we") lose two vacation days and get double time instead of double time and a half.

Again, I haven't crunched all the numbers yet, but it doesn't look as bad as I feared. The base will go up by more than I expected, at least.

-synchronicity
[post="278070"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As I read the cover letter, it said;
"And establishes the secure pension plan, we fought for" !!

What EXACTLY does that mean ??

Thank You.

NH/BB's

That's the IAM's plan. Not necessarly "secure", as the union is a business like UA. But they can always raise your dues to cover any short fall in the pension funding.

On the ramp side we thought it would be much worse but the IAM did not budge on the part time numbers or the frieght outsourcing so we are pleased to say the least. Add to it that we get 6% of our pay back next month and it feels like a pay raise. (11.5 down to 5.5) :up: Anyway from what I see I will vote yes, lets just hope this is the last of it and United can exit BK without outside help. (TPG)

The pension is independant of the IAM, it is run by IAMNPP, not the IAM itself, dues money has nothing to do with it.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As I read the cover letter, it said;
"And establishes the secure pension plan, we fought for" !!

What EXACTLY does that mean ??

Thank You.

NH/BB's
[post="278101"][/post]​
That's the IAM blowing smoke up our ass. :eek:

Seriously, with all the emphasis they were putting on "the pension", I was worried that other parts of the agreement would look bloody awful. Not the case.

One bit that is overlooked: after the bump back up in pay rates (to -5.5% from -11.5%), the wage rates stay the same until May of 2007 (that is, no May 2005 or May 2006 COLA). That kinda sucks, even though the COLA's were a puny 1.5%.

My wife is most upset about the loss of vacation (she'll hit seven years later this year). Nine years is a while to hit three weeks, I'll agree, but how many employers give up to 6 weeks vacation? (My old employer hit three weeks the fifth year, but topped out at 5 weeks and that took 25 years of service).

-synchronicity

Rampman said:
On the ramp side we thought it would be much worse but the IAM did not budge on the part time numbers or the frieght outsourcing so we are pleased to say the least. Add to it that we get 6% of our pay back next month and it feels like a pay raise. (11.5 down to 5.5) :up: Anyway from what I see I will vote yes, lets just hope this is the last of it and United can exit BK without outside help. (TPG)
[post="278123"][/post]​

Nice FUD. Fueling is being outsourced. The IAM pension is a joke, reduced by other salary. Go back to the hall and eat some more.

Flythewing says, "Anyway from what I see I will vote yes, lets just hope this is the last of it and United can exit BK without outside help."

That all depends if oil goes up to $70 a barrel by the end of summer. UniTED thinks that they have dodged a bullet. But, in reality their troubles could continue to mount as the price of oil continues to rise. As always they're chance of getting out of BK is still 50/50! :blink:

mrfish3726 said:
Flythewing says, "Anyway from what I see I will vote yes, lets just hope this is the last of it and United can exit BK without outside help."

That all depends if oil goes up to $70 a barrel by the end of summer. UniTED thinks that they have dodged a bullet. But, in reality their troubles could continue to mount as the price of oil continues to rise. As always they're chance of getting out of BK is still 50/50! :blink:
[post="278379"][/post]​

No, actually Rampman said that...............he's probably as big a troll as you.

Back