UAL super tug drivers in IAM contract?

D7571987

Senior
Oct 2, 2015
Im wondering if they are still covered under the IAM or what the deal is, I cant seem to find a reference to them in the contract or a pay scale?? Thanks

Thanks and I see the line later that says Lead or Move team premium $1.75. I was checking on this as there was a rumor going around that the supertug drivers were making $10 an hour more than the mechanics. 

D7571987 said:
Thanks and I see the line later that says Lead or Move team premium $1.75. I was checking on this as there was a rumor going around that the supertug drivers were making $10 an hour more than the mechanics. 
No.  It is just the 1.75 premium. That's it.  The same amount as a Lead, but a smaller pool of employees.
Most of the MTE is senior anyway, and there has been openings, but some do not want the job because of the limited bidding process (ie: once you are on the MTE, you can't bid or day trade with regular ramp. It is a much smaller group that has to bid and trade among themselves.)  They are in a separate ramp classification , but on the same RSE seniority list. I could have joined many years ago, but weighed the pros and cons of it, and staying where I'm at as a Lead is much better. But some, it a job that many people like. 

Ramp service does all your super tug movement.?
What happens in the winter when it snows in Newark. Who moves the Aircraft ?

AA-MRO.COM said:
Ramp service does all your super tug movement.?
What happens in the winter when it snows in Newark. Who moves the Aircraft ?
The Move Team does all of the aircraft movement at EWR. It is also done at IAH, and I think it is at IAD as well. They move the aircraft from the gates; hardstands; and hangar areas. In all weather. They have done a great job with limited amount of incidents. So they know what they are doing.
They have been doing it for years. Hell, I know how to ride the brakes and push aircraft of all sizes every day, so the Move Team was created because aircraft had to be moved when MX wasn't available at times, especially during IRROPS. The training also involves moving the jetways and knowing the radio frequencies as well.  I don't know the basics on how the team was created, but I think that the issue was waiting on MX to move aircraft, especially when they had other matters to take care of. (I think that MX used to push out aircraft as well, once upon a time).

Latest posts