Union At Jet Blue For Ground Workers?

ITRADE said:
Easy - steelworker contracts which required three or four different employees from differrent unions to replace a single part that could have been done in 5 minutes.
[post="146977"][/post]​

Care to give any facts with your rhetoric?

Funny how those who are against unions cite the failed airlines and forget about the failed non-union carriers like Peoples Express etc. They also shy away from discussing the most heavily unionized carrier out there-Southwest.

The workers of Jet Blue would do well to go and start the trend of airline ground workers joining airline unions. Give it three more years, if the company is still around, they will have unions. Like NHBB said Jet Blue is based in NY, not in the South.

LaBradford22 said:
Yeah, I'm sure Jetblue workers are just dying to form a Union and go the way of US Airways and others... :lol:
[post="146960"][/post]​
No, you people don't need a union. I know most of you are making extra money moonlighting with Cirque du Soleil. You know, that company where everyone bends over a lot!

LiveInAHotel said:
Don't work for US or UA. Unions will be on JB property sooner than later.
[post="185622"][/post]​

Did I say you did? No. I said "wake up and look around."
Don't worry American will be next. If US Airways management gets what they want every legacy airline will be in CH11 within a year.

B6Busdriver said:
If US Airways management gets what they want every legacy airline will be in CH11 within a year.
[post="185690"][/post]​

I'm just going to quote you on this. Not every legacy carrier is going to be in BK within the next year. It could be the LCC headed for BK, so don't think they're out of the woods.

You're mad because you got furloughed from US. If US actually makes it and I hope they do and JB flies BK what will you do?

emily said:
No, you people don't need a union. I know most of you are making extra money moonlighting with Cirque du Soleil. You know, that company where everyone bends over a lot!
[post="185661"][/post]​

Emily,

When you shake your head, does it sound like rocks? It should.

V1

LiveInAHotel said:
I'm just going to quote you on this. Not every legacy carrier is going to be in BK within the next year. It could be the LCC headed for BK, so don't think they're out of the woods.

You're mad because you got furloughed from US. If US actually makes it and I hope they do and JB flies BK what will you do?
[post="185998"][/post]​
Mad? Not hardly. Getting furloughed from US Airways was one of the best things to EVER happen to me. I didn't know it then but I realize it now. My job at JetBlue is 1000 times better than US Airways ever was and for the record I enjoyed it at U. If JetBlue folds it tent I'm out of this game. I'll find something else to do. My self worth nor my happiness is dictated by what I do for a living.

emily said:
I'm sorry V1. I know how aggravating the truth can be. Don't let all the blood rush to your head.
[post="187971"][/post]​

Thanks for your concern Emily. :wacko:

Vortilon said:
Hey V1rotate,

Who is it - that set the pay standards for airline employees? Thats right unions. You don't really believe that your company would pay you one more red cent than they had to, do you?
[post="177295"][/post]​

That's funny. The minute I became part of a union my take home pay went down (my 4 cent an hour raise didn't make up for the dues), and my quality of life wnet South after my 4 on 4 off 3 on 3 off 12 hour shift schedule disappeared into 5 8 hour shifts on 3rd (lots of time to use those flight benis). Then got furloughed even though my department suffered no reduction in force. When it comes to unions, remember what Nancy Reagan said about drugs "JUST SAY NO!"

LiveInAHotel said:
Don't work for US or UA. Unions will be on JB property sooner than later.
[post="185622"][/post]​

You need to not be so sure about this statement and get rid of that useless wish at the bottom of your posts, Bush won. Thats one prediction down and one to go. :p

The latest rumor in BOS is JB is outsourcing a/c maint.- is there anything to it? Or just more of the same doom and gloom.