Union elections and the RLA....POLL!

Should union elections under the RLA be like every other election where you can vote YES/NO and the

• YES

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
O.M.G.

that is a horrifying comment!

you mean to say there are those who are against the whole idea of Unionism..AFA in particular.. but there is an idea to
secure them into Union positions into an organization that we cannot vote for Officer positions outside our base?

(I really hope that was just your personal opinion!)

guess what?

that is how the Union internal infighting is created.

you think the current reps are just going to give into that idea and freely hand it over to someone who was against them?

I am very sorry but some have no idea what they are talking about! or a clue thinking that is going to be embraced, that is going to go over like a ton of bricks!

I am not buying this dog and pony show people who are against the Union and those fake nice facade people will automatically embrace Unionism, secure themselves into office and everything is going to be peachy!

you are not fooling me sister!

I know what happened the last time those who were "against" the AFA got in office and those who were for them who didnt pay their dues and their rapport!

It is not what I consider harmonious.

PS:

whats up with that wink?
You just didn't get what I said, at least Boeing Boy got it an I have a feeling
Mr. Luke will as well. As far as a wink? That is suppose to be a smile. I say
what I mean and mean what I say. I also try to keep with the "K.I.S.S" method.
no several pages back and forth.

My tactics? I'm not even a dues paying member...
well you are a Flight Attendant correct?

I just look at the big picture. The big picture is not to just pave way to all of managements requests and just complete the merger forgetting that there is a contract in place. Your elected officers have done EVERYTHING to preserve your collective bargaining rights and are doing everything possible to make sure you keep those rights moving forward.
and I have appreciated what some have done in the past, keyword here is some.

I do not support "your" tactics that will create a negative working environment be it you are involved with our situation or not.

Sure you could have had your election 6 months ago. Would that have been the best choice in order to protect those collective bargaining rights? No.
of course we could have had an election six months ago, wait a minute! if that is the case why was the request pulled?

Would that have been the best thing for management? Yes.
it would have been the best situation for our group, Flight Attendant to resolve representational issues so we can
either move forward securing a contract in a period of negotiations if that is the groups wishes.

it is always going to be Management's fault?

The only way you will carry through what has happened in the past is if you keep electing the same officers. Someone had to elect these people....over and over and over and over. Blame your coworkers, not the system.
I am not going to worry about voting for officers anymore, because I am not supporting who you want to represent us.

I am not blaming the co-workers, I am blaming the system that does not work.

If you have not witnessed what happens with AFA..(since you state you are not a dues paying member), I would appreciate trying to see it from a perspective from those who have a clue what they are talking about.

You just didn't get what I said, at least Boeing Boy got it an I have a feeling
Mr. Luke will as well.
well I am one in the group who was directly affected by what happened the last time.. being a member with
an "Anti AFA" in "AFA Union" positions.

So!

I am going to take that comment a little differently rather than,

You, Luke and some pilot from another airline and non-dues paying individuals who does not have any idea
what we went though!

As far as a wink? That is suppose to be a smile. I say
what I mean and mean what I say.
yes, you, do.

now that is crystal clear. ;)

:hugs:

it would have been the best situation for our group, Flight Attendant to resolve representational issues so we can
either move forward securing a contract in a period of negotiations if that is the groups wishes.

it is always going to be Management's fault?

I didnt' blame management...I said it would have been to their advantage.

Let me ask you something.

If you were in the housing market and you knew that salex tax was going down in January and that you would receive a $5,000 tax credit if you purchased after January....would you but your home now just because you want to move into a new house now...or would you wait a few months and take advantage of what is being offered so that perhaps your mortgage is lower and it would benefit your family in the long run?

I am not going to worry about voting for officers anymore, because I am not supporting who you want to represent us.

I am not supporting any individual, I am supporting collective bargaining and the structure that comes along with it.

I am not blaming the co-workers, I am blaming the system that does not work.

Can you go a little more into detail with this?

I mean, as far as I look at it...the members are the ones that have voted in every LEC officers to date. If you don't like how someone is running a council then have them recalled. Its happening at America West in PHX...

But please tell me what part of the system you think doesn't work...

well I am one in the group who was directly affected by what happened the last time.. being a member with
an "Anti AFA" in "AFA Union" positions.

You have an anti-AFA LEC President at NWA right now...and from what I have heard she is a waste.

I think that there are people at Delta that are currently not voting who could make great leaders in our union, i think many people will embrace the change once its all said and done.

You might as well be part of the solution...

There will be elections at every DL base, and some NW bases when its all over with...if you don't take part of the process Dig....I don't want to hear you bit**ing about it on here!!!

jalbalpa,

are you a DL/NW Flight Attendant and will be directly involved in our situation?

or

are you a paid organizer/activist, bystander, general union supporter, that is not
directly involved in our situation?

Some insight:

The situation where I would get involved with the AFA on a local level
would to make it better not divide. It's like the OBL position and why
I decided to go into it. It wasn't so I could hold better (most time I can't)
but because there were several out there who were terrible and I knew I could do a better job.
So instead up complaining I decided to apply. I know I can make a positive difference
on each flight. I believe the same would be true IF the AFA comes onto the property.
I can't sit/fly around complaining about them but not be involved to try and change
what I don't like. And as far as paying dues? I couldn't imagine ethically NOT paying them.
I wouldn't like it, but to me its not right to not pay. But I digress, I don't think I will have to start "campaigning" anytime soon, or worry about that . I think we will be AFA free by this summer.

You might as well be part of the solution...
I fully support the majority decision regardless if I supported it or not! I have always
done what was the right thing to do for the group when they have made their decision!

however!

I also believe what is the right thing to do.. based on a situation right in front of me and foreseeable conclusions, and I am
going on that at this time.

There will be elections at every DL base, and some NW bases when its all over with...if you don't take part of the process Dig....I don't want to hear you bit**ing about it on here!!!
Jal,

let me explain something!

I want us to move forward and have an election and resolve issues timely.

there would be no "bit**ing" as you put it (is it possible its caring?)

had the Union addressed what is needing to be accomplished,
when they are suppose to!

Some insight:

would to make it better not divide.
Good luck.

It's like the OBL position and why
but because there were several out there who were terrible and I knew I could do a better job.
So instead up complaining I decided to apply.
some people are just "needing improvement" does not make them terrible!

I know I can make a positive difference
on each flight. I believe the same would be true IF the AFA comes onto the property.
I believe you will try and make a positive difference.

I can't sit/fly around complaining about them but not be involved to try and change
what I don't like.
Good luck trying to change anything, why do you think some of us are trying to
tell you all the deal?

And as far as paying dues? I couldn't imagine ethically NOT paying them.
I wouldn't like it, but to me its not right to not pay.
it will never be OK not to pay dues, there is simply no excuse.

But I digress, I don't think I will have to start "campaigning" anytime soon, or worry about that . I think we will be AFA free by this summer.
we have to have an election first, whenever year that is planned to happen.

I am a DL/NW Flight Attendant who supports DL/NW Flight Attendants.

...then don't throw the baby out with the bath water!

Btw: I would still ike to know what about the system you think isn't working.

Some insight:

would to make it better not divide. It's like the OBL position and why
So instead up complaining I decided to apply. I know I can make a positive difference
what I don't like. And as far as paying dues? I couldn't imagine ethically NOT paying them.
I wouldn't like it, but to me its not right to not pay. But I digress, I don't think I will have to start "campaigning" anytime soon, or worry about that . I think we will be AFA free by this summer.

GREAT post!
Except the last part:)
Also, you had mentioned this going to the Supreme Court. I wouldn't be so sure this will go as far as the Supreme Court. A lot has changed since 1934 so the Plaintiffs would really have to have their ducks in a row IF, and I mean IF the Supremes chose to hear it and I don't think they would. If Delta takes it to court, then we will know for sure that moving the merger along to gain "synergies" is truly a bunch of bull-oney. Can we say "cross-fleeting",separate crews for at least the next 5 years....hello???

As for the rest of this thread, it reminds me of the movie "As Good As It Gets" when Jack Nicholson answers the door and says "if you're sellin' crazy, we're full up."
In closing, as long as I'm doing movie lines, here's one from Meryl Streep in "The Devil Wears Prada"..........."That's all."