Union elections and the RLA....POLL!

Should union elections under the RLA be like every other election where you can vote YES/NO and the

• YES

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nope, what difference does it make? You want change only in one aspect, only to game it in favor of the unions. If they make that change why not make sweeping changes to the whole RLA?
Did you read the post? No of course not, you just rely on the heading and that's it.

PS How long did it take you to come out with the crying baby pic?

Congress will never seperate the airlines from the railroads are too much goods are moved by airlines and cargo planes.

Cause it matters as since you have never been in a union nor been through contract negotiations so you have no idea of the process and how the company manipulates the act to further their agenda and not the employees. You wont listen or heed the advice of experienced workers who have been in unions and worked under the RLA and experienced the games airlines play during negotiations.

Like I said and you have ignored everytime why does gthe NLRA give a yes/no vote and a process to decertify and their is a process under the RLA to vote a union out but its not as clear as the NLRA.

But since you dont listen nor educate yourself then I am wasting my time to educate you.

I think the NMB should do something to first find out if a person is voting "no" or "yes" if they do not vote. It is only fair to assume that if a person does not vote that they are happy with the current situation. What is not fair is if 100 people are in a group that lets say 15 people show to vote, 10 vote for and 5 against and 85 are no shows. so now 10 people are responsible for the fate of all 100 people including the 85 who did not vote. I understand the pro union people want every advantage they can get, fair or not. I am willing to bet, the people who don't vote at all are happy with the current situation.

What is not fair is if 100 people are in a group that lets say 15 people show to vote, 10 vote for and 5 against and 85 are no shows. so now 10 people are responsible for the fate of all 100 people including the 85 who did not vote.
in that scenario all 100 would have to show up and participate, no if's and or but's!
because if they do not and that type of election is established, those who no-show the election have forfeited their vote and actually allow those 10 people to speak

for everyone.

I understand the pro union people want every advantage they can get, fair or not. I am willing to bet, the people who don't vote at all are happy with the current situation.
that may be true, but if the voting format is changed to YES/NO at the undetermined time in the future or if ever... everyone really needs to vote.

everyone.

I am willing to bet, the people who don't vote at all are happy with the current situation.

Do you think the person who has been out for 20 years on medical leave and has MS is happy wit hhte current situation? Should she even be on the eligibility list?

Do you think the person that died 2 months prior to the voting period last year also didn't want representation?

I personally know several people that accidentally misplaced their voting instructions last year and ended up not being able to vote, I also know several people that didn't know that not voting counted as a "NO" vote....and i'm just 1 person!

Your statement is about the most idiotic I have heard in a REALLY LONG TIME!

in that scenario all 100 would have to show up and participate, no if's and or but's!
because if they do not and that type of election is established, those who no-show the election have forfeited their vote and actually allow those 10 people to speak

for everyone.

that may be true, but if the voting format is changed to YES/NO at the undetermined time in the future or if ever... everyone really needs to vote.

everyone.
So then those that don't vote should be allowed to not participate in representation at all. In our election of annual benefits we should be able to choose no representation. So in my scenario we should have 10 represented, 5 not and 85 whatever they choose annually. It is ridiculous to assume that if someone doesn't vote they want representation. It makes zero sense.

So then those that don't vote should be allowed to not participate in representation at all.
if a YES/NO vote is established then those who participate in that type of election, by casting an actual YES or NO ballot.. will decide for the group by either a majority YES, or a majority NO vote.

my real concern in all of this.. other than the fact some people cannot make a decision.. is simple if these elections are not addressed timely, there are going to be real integration issues once the SOC has been issued, if they keep operations separate creating unnecessary costs..

which would really be a shame because the integration ongoing has been relatively smoothly.

It makes zero sense.
what makes zero sense to me is simply.. nothing is being addressed at all.

So I guess since every registered voter doesnt vote in our political elections then no one should be in office then?

So I guess since every registered voter doesnt vote in our political elections then no one should be in office then?
Why use that comparison, not like you can vote every four years to see if you want to keep a union. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

Congress will never seperate the airlines from the railroads are too much goods are moved by airlines and cargo planes.

Cause it matters as since you have never been in a union nor been through contract negotiations so you have no idea of the process and how the company manipulates the act to further their agenda and not the employees. You wont listen or heed the advice of experienced workers who have been in unions and worked under the RLA and experienced the games airlines play during negotiations.
Doesnt matter. Different unions, different industries, different economic impact (s).

Like I said and you have ignored everytime why does gthe NLRA give a yes/no vote and a process to decertify and their is a process under the RLA to vote a union out but its not as clear as the NLRA.

But since you dont listen nor educate yourself then I am wasting my time to educate you.
Not so much education, just you refusing to understand differing opinions.

So then those that don't vote should be allowed to not participate in representation at all. In our election of annual benefits we should be able to choose no representation. So in my scenario we should have 10 represented, 5 not and 85 whatever they choose annually. It is ridiculous to assume that if someone doesn't vote they want representation. It makes zero sense.

If it's that important to them (either for or against), they can get off their butts, walk over to a computer, or phone, or mailbox and vote. No drive, no lines, no wait and you they get 30 days to vote.