Unions in trouble

You've posted 688 times in 3 months driver. We clearly see your agenda. Did AMFA boot you out of office or something? You sound kinda bitter.

Just sayin" :)
Nope , just frustrated not getting a deal done. But it doesn't matter what I say this train is not moving any faster. It gets to the point it just becomes static.I find it interesting that regardless of what labor forum you are on, everyone is having the same issues especially aircraft maintenance trying to get a contract. Our situation at SWA is we may get something next year, or maybe not.And if you finally come to a deal say it goes 7 years or more, and you vote it in.You are never economically whole. I mean I could see if, your company went bankrupt, and your deal sucks, then you spend ten years or more trying to get that back.However that is not a case at SWA, so when you finally get your new contract then you are always going to play catch up , if that becomes the normal. Especially if you could've had the same economics package say 3 years earlier.

"Matter fact I do believe Jim Little has pulled that card out with the AAers." It was the AFl-CIo puppet master Trumka that was responsible for dictating mainly to the TWu the IAm needed saving, therefore they need to "avoid a long and protracted representational election at AA". Which really was the cover for "Save the IAm and it's failing IAmPF". Which is why there was no vote as they promised, and TWu Local 591 filed a lawsuit to stop the Association from being imposed on the membership, but failed. The AA pilots don't have an "Association", and neither do the F/As. If they don't produce with 2 AFl-CIo unions, then the AMFA drive will be starting soon. We have been under TWu never seen before major concessions for nearly 15 years, and this contract better be really really good....or card drive full on press.
I think there was even a revote after a contract did not go thru like the TWU wanted many years ago.
I too figured another card drive would happen at AA. Rather for AMFA or for your own mechanics private union. You guys would benefit massively if you guys would get all the other non class groups off your coat tails. When we did it with our cleaners years ago it was a world of differences after that. Plus you guys need to get your own union in to get the majority voters being mechanics. If these are the only 2 reasons they are big enough to make it happen when you guys see the T/A come out with all the concessions that the 591 leader has been talking about in his video updates. You mechanics need your very own contract and not have any other group voting on mechanics issues period.

He's on a mission as we thought.
Nope no mission , I find it interesting how you say a private union, or a mechanics only union is the answer.When we have no end in sight, tired of arguing about it. We have complete apathy in our group at SWA look at the number of people that vote , or show up to a meeting. And if American has that , then not much will change. I basically want you to admit, but you never will, all unions are a business. And regardless if it is AMFA, or Teamsters, or TWU or the IAM, or Joe Blows mechanics union, when push comes to shove , when stuff takes forever , they all make the same excuses, and still happily take their membership dues money every month.

I've been here since 2003. He just started couple months ago. Huge difference and you know it as you have been here for years as well.
I am not your enemy, if a Union can't get a job done, then you replace the people causing the road block, the only reason I got on here. I got tired of they are so wonderful and the company is so evil. It takes two people to dance, if our negotiating committee is holding things up, or can't get any movement, then replace them and move on. You have to admit Swamt we are our Union , and it has drifted since 2003. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water, just fix the problem.

Last edited:
I am not your enemy, if a Union can't get a job done, then you replace the people causing the road block, the only reason I got on here. I got tired of they are so wonderful and the company is so evil. It takes to people to dance, if are negotiating committee is holding things up, or can't get any movement, then replace them and move on. You have to admit Swamt we are our Union , and it has drifted since 2003. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water, just fix the problem.
I tell you what us at aa will take AMFA. You can have our iam/twu you will enjoy no communication no real updates. Have you ever thought it’s not the nc but the company is not going to move on it’s position . But I’ll take amfa any day over the iam/twu . I’ll take there communications I’ll take that the Intl is a airline mechanic and not a lineman from the nyc transit. You just want the money. But amfa is trying to save you from more outsourcing that the teamsters gave away the store before AMFA came in. And with AMFA you can recal your leaders. I did not are no members got a vote on Samuelson . So since your so down on AMFA take the iam/twu and watch them get a contract that benefits them not you. Just look up what the iam did at Boeing. The Boeing workers voted down a contract that would freeze there pension not in bk. Put the Intl president at the iam called another vote instead of respecting the members vote, and of course the second vote it passed. I haven’t seen AMFA do that but if they did you can recall that leader.

I tell you what us at aa will take AMFA. You can have our iam/twu you will enjoy no communication no real updates. Have you ever thought it’s not the nc but the company is not going to move on it’s position . But I’ll take amfa any day over the iam/twu . I’ll take there communications I’ll take that the Intl is a airline mechanic and not a lineman from the nyc transit. You just want the money. But amfa is trying to save you from more outsourcing that the teamsters gave away the store before AMFA came in. And with AMFA you can recal your leaders. I did not are no members got a vote on Samuelson . So since your so down on AMFA take the iam/twu and watch them get a contract that benefits them not you. Just look up what the iam did at Boeing. The Boeing workers voted down a contract that would freeze there pension not in bk. Put the Intl president at the iam called another vote instead of respecting the members vote, and of course the second vote it passed. I haven’t seen AMFA do that but if they did you can recall that leader.
You didn't read my post, I just said fix the roadblocks, if you guys want AMFA then do the card drive again, and replace what you have. If SWA wanted to really screw us they could have easily done what every other Airline, has done gone bankrupt and got rid of the high cost contracts. There are people tired of no movement, and it's not just a couple of people here in forum land. I want the problems fixed, I see them becoming like every other union. I see you,guys talk how you hate your union then I hope you can get rid of them.

I hate it when most complainers always bich and moan but never take action. Never go to meetings, never get involved, and never really step forward to make a difference. And of course never make the move to start a recall of an ALR or even go as far as start the process of recalling the entire union.

I hate it when most complainers always bich and moan but never take action. Never go to meetings, never get involved, and never really step forward to make a difference. And of course never make the move to start a recall of an ALR or even go as far as start the process of recalling the entire union.
I go to the meetings stupid, when you have by laws that says when in Negotiations it takes 50 % plus 1-to remove a negotiating committee member which he is, plus you can only introduce new business in the first meeting, and you are all spread out like local 4 is, little hard to achieve that and he knows it. So the rules favor the incumbent, plus people don't care anyway, so it doesn't matter. If you want to sit forever, why every other group at SWA moves on, and American and everybody else moves on. More power to you.

I go to the meetings stupid, when you have by laws that says when in Negotiations it takes 50 % plus 1-to remove a negotiating committee member which he is, plus you can only introduce new business in the first meeting, and you are all spread out like local 4 is, little hard to achieve that and he knows it. So the rules favor the incumbent, plus people don't care anyway, so it doesn't matter. If you want to sit forever, why every other group at SWA moves on, and American and everybody else moves on. More power to you.

It sure reads to me like your Union isn’t much different than any other so called “industrial” Union out there.

TWU pretty much works just like America itself. It votes by an Electoral College (Delegates) If in the TWU it was completely by popular vote you probably would never have an Airline guy win ever? Popular vote in the US would have meant California decided the election and Hillary would have been your President. I have a sneaky suspicion you wouldn’t have been too happy about that either.

BTW it’s probably much better that certain people don’t ever get to vote anyway. They’re just not bright enough to really make informed decisions anyway. Catch my drift? Hint hint.

AMFA is trying to save him from more outsourcing???? Ok please enlighten me to what they’re doing? Is this their Billboard in Times Square?

http://laborpress.org/transportatio...n-against-american-airlines-outsourcing/25610

5AA50023-4D3A-443E-B921-2A466FFAA888.jpeg

Reactions: B737 driver
AMFA is trying to save him from more outsourcing???? Ok please enlighten me to what they’re doing? Is this their Billboard in Times Square?

http://laborpress.org/transportatio...n-against-american-airlines-outsourcing/25610

View attachment 12118
Our own negotiating committee was bending on scope for economics, without T/A the scope language, then were almost to a T/A on scope , came back into the meeting asked for like $64 an hour and that ended our last negotiations for year.So yes weeezzz they will trade scope for money. So no they are not much different from industrial unions that they run against. Now granted these are the 4 ALRs that come from the locals driving the ship that are mechanics and have to work under the language.