United 787 service

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
The carrier announced five new routes for the latest Boeing aircraft on Thursday, in addition to previously announced Denver-Tokyo Narita service, which begins March 31,2013.

United said Houston-Lagos, Nigeria service will begin Jan. 7, 2013 with five weekly flights. Daily Los Angeles-Narita service will begin Jan. 3, 2013, and daily Los Angeles-Shanghai service will begin March 30.

Also, temporary service from Houston to Amsterdam will begin Dec. 4, 2012, while temporary service from Houston to London Heathrow will begin Feb. 4, 2013.

http://business-news.thestreet.com/dallas-morning-news/story/united-plans-six-787-routes-from-three-hubs-starting-in-january/11672789

I saw a 787 parked at C14 last night in IAH. It was being catered. When I asked the gate agent about it, I was told it was going on a test flight to AMS that night with a crew and FAA folk.

Was nice to get a first glimpse, but the view was obstructed by catering trucks. I did initially notice it from above when taking the airtrain over from D.

I am interested on flying on the 787, Any established service from IAD to any points in Europe yet?

Back