United announces layoffs

is this the only department at UA that has had layoffs announced?
what other contracts are open at UA?

Both the Ramp and CSA CBAs are open.

McKeen was at US are VP of Labor Relations then left for ECLAT, US hired him to lead negotiations against the IAM in bankruptcy part II, him and I just about came to blows the day they abrogated our CBA and Hemenway had to jump in between us.

He didnt like it when I called him a liar and asked him how he could sleep at night, and I said, "oh wait you got six million reason how you sleep at night."

Reactions: 2 people
No need to worry, ZW will place the winning bid for the stations and dues will still flow to the union, maybe some of the same UAL employees will fill the positions too. Sad for everyone involved except the union.

Exact same thing happened at MHT and MIA several years ago. I am surprised PVD is still a mainline station, only a matter of time before it gets contacted.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
I gave AH a nice nickname that has stuck to this day, we kept costing articles in the CBA and he said No Value, and that was his answer to everything, so I nicknamed him "No Value Al".

And by the way mr I think I know it all,

Those are inside jobs, not the ramp.

ZW handles passenger service too. Also, the sched still shows 1x mainline after October 1. Is it just that new schedule is not loaded or does the language allow UA to keep mainline (seasonally)?

Josh

These stations have / had all sUA people ATW. I think American Eagle handled the BTW work. Everything on the sCO side was already contracted out long ago.

This is just the latest of job loss her at the "new UA". Since that garbage TA was rejected, the company its taking its sweet time and letting us bleed to death by a thousand cuts. Cargo is now gone (sCO). Job loss on the sCO side. Tower coordinators are now management positions. All agreed with LOA's. The thing that bothers me is where is the buyouts? Some people want to leave, but somehow the buyouts are being held hostage by the last failed TA. This should have nothing to do with a TA. Buyouts are normal and company offered, not contingent on any agreement. More outsourcing to come. Jeff even said so in a interview in a magazine (I forgot which one)

BTW: The pilots are the only workgroup who have a joint deal with UA. (They just have to get their seniority list and equipment issues together) The IAM; the IBT; and the AFA have yet to have deals yet. This lies the problem. This should have been priority one since labor is a contentious issue here. But they are slowwalking all the other contracts. IMHO a lack of serious trust with this bloated management.

United recalls almost 600 pilots from furlough

"United Airlines said it will call back almost 600 pilots who were furloughed during a time when fuel prices spiked and the Great Recession forced the airline to shrink.
Training for the returning pilots begins next month and will be completed by the end of the year, the airline said.
The returning pilots are the last of 1,437 United pilots furloughed in 2008 and 2009, according to the Air Line Pilots Association. United has about 12,000 pilots.
The recall comes as demand for pilots at the big airlines is finally beginning to recover after a decade of airline bankruptcies, economic disruption, and changing retirement rules that kept senior pilots flying longer instead of retiring."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/united-recalls-almost-600-pilots-145410677.html