United may have come to an agreement with hedge funds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
Ask those 250 AMFA represented heavy maintenance mechanics at AS about how great AMFA is, they are so great the CBA permitted AS to close their heavy maintenance base, lay off 250 mechanics and farm out overhaul.
700,  STFU! get out of this convo. BTW AMFA may have been the union at AS when that happened. How many mechanics has the TWU and the IAM let get laid off, displaced or uprooted over the years?  I rest my case, because you cannot count how many. Take that 250 and multiply it by 10, no, 100, no try closer to 1000.  Try again.

Reactions: 3 people
xUT said:
Ask the iam represented at the UA Indy facility who where put on ANP when UA closed Indy.
Much more than 250.
When UA shut down the OAK facility, what did the iam do?
NAFT...
CBA didn't help one freaking bit.

B) xUT
More Razzle Dazzle by industrial unions.

B) xUT

xUT said:
Because the UA M&R believed the ibt promises over the AMFA facts.
Too bad for them but they screwed themselves.

The UA M&R deserve their representation.
Just like any other carrier infected with substandard representation.
xUT, At least someone gets it. Hey, not to mention the umteen thousands that the TWU has agreed to, to be laid off or released to the streets while not in BK as well...

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
No you keep trying to sell that they are "infighting" and have used that term frequently.
The reality is that you have no clue actually how they are getting along together and are speculating in the hope to undermine and maybe further your own ambition which is for enough dissension to arise that they will start signing and sending in those cards.
Please don't insult my intelligence by pretending the motivation is anything else. Again I wish you and your group luck and well in securing a contract that your members love and deserve.
when the association comes back with a connsesions contract amts will be sending in their AMFA cards. Your just afraid of losing your coat tails. Why else would you care if we sign cards are not. There is infighting between the twu and iam. If they wanted members to know the truth they would allow observers in negotiations. At least southwest amts have a good contract to hold them till there's a new contract . Because AMFA is so good at communicating going on the AMFA negotiations updates they do not just say what articles that were discussed but what the discussion was. Like how southwest dose not want to give AMFA something that other groups do not have. So the reason in my opinion is southwest is slowing things down. I know AMFA will not agree to connsesions like the association will.

700UW said:
Just pointing out how you all say AMFA is so great, well tell that those 250 mechanics and UA was going into chapter 11 yet AS wasn't and didn't.
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of AMFA and if they are so great why did UA vote them out?
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20040911&slug=alaska11

Your wrong looks like there was cost involved before contracting out. Alaska was supposed to have negotiations with AMFA before contracting out they did not they notified AMFA a hour before the closing 30 minutes before they notified the mechanics. Let see under the twu aa closed afw. Under the iam United closed Indy and Oakland. I will take AMFA over any Union out there for my group because it's a mechanics union. Like the pilots and flight attendants have there own Union. One thing to note Alaska amts did not vote AMFA out. Afterwards so the Alaska mechanics must be happy with AMFA . There no hypocrisy here all airlines are going to do what they want . But at least AMFA dose what the members want . They do not recommend are suggest how there members vote. And most important there Intl leaders can be voted out and removed from office. Something I can not do with the twu are iam . The reason I do not like the twu are iam they do not care about mechanics they give there bigger groups the best deal . They will sell out there members for dues. They are not held accountable. Members can not recall a Intl leader there is no vote for Intl leaders . Under the twu amts are the lowest paid. And I'm willing to bet United amts regret voting AMFA out. Just like the iam Boeing contract to keep 777x in Washington. The members voted it down. The iam intl wasn't happy with the members vote held another election and of course it passed . If that happened with AMFA the intl member would have been recalled .

No AMFA just doesnt let their members vote on a CBA, just like at NW, AMFA refused to let the member vote on NW's final offer, and took them out on strike, with no strike fund and got decimated by NW.

So where is a link to the legal action that AMFA took, to this day, the maintenance is still outsourced?

I've got no dog in this fight, but you're defense of IAM is like WorldFraudster's defense of Delta.  
The AMFA at NW messed up, but the IAM world, whether at Boeing or the legacy airlines, is certainly is not rainbows and unicorns.

Never said it was, I have pointed out the mistakes the IAM has made, I even said I wouldnt have voted for the M&R TA in 2014 at US.

They all taught AMFA as the savior of the mechanics, and its not.

They didnt help the mechanics at the Trump Shuttle and abandon them, they didnt do anything to save Independence Air mechanics and lost a major status quo lawsuit, they never got those jobs back at AS and NW they were outsmarted at every turn by the company. 

You couldnt tell me no one knew NW was training a 1,000 scabs.

700UW said:
No AMFA just doesnt let their members vote on a CBA, just like at NW, AMFA refused to let the member vote on NW's final offer, and took them out on strike, with no strike fund and got decimated by NW.

So where is a link to the legal action that AMFA took, to this day, the maintenance is still outsourced?

Just taking a walk down memory lane, NWA offered the AMFA a contract that was a lose lose proposition.  Vote yes, and 55% of the membership hits the street - vote no, and you go on strike.  Given the same choices, tell us how your heros at the IAM would have handled the same situation.  BTW, the bulk of those in the 55% to get laid off - if there was a yes vote - were non AMT types in the "and related" catagory.  AMFA didn't want to throw the non AMTs under the bus.

BTW, NWA didn't come out of that strike unscathed; in fact, they never fully recovered.  If not for the fact that they merged with Delta, all the internal chaos in the Aircraft Maintenance department would have been a lot more obvious to the public.  It was played down as much as possible as the merge with Delta played out.

We had our CBA abrogated as we coukd never agree to laying off 46% of the workforce.

You call that fighting? Really? At least AMFA put up a fight at NW and showed they had the balls to strike.  I agree with xUT, shut this thread down...

This topic has drifted far enough off course and is now being archived.

Status
Not open for further replies.