United Mechanics Contract

Today the company, IBT and mediator met in DC at a meeting and decided that on June 6 they would meet to discuss scheduling meetings.

It seems like all the airlines are postponing all mechanics contracts (as well as other groups at our airline) at all the other airlines. They are all talking to each other and doing the same. It's very obvious. ALK seems to be the only airline making good and early movements with their mechanics group. Their contract is not up until Dec. of this year and they are in nego's and closing articles after articles. I bet ALK gets done with their contract with the mechanics than any of us...

D7571987 said:
Today the company, IBT and mediator met in DC at a meeting and decided that on June 6 they would meet to discuss scheduling meetings.
757,  After they met on 6-6 did they announce any dates to meet?  Just curious to how often the mediator set dates with you guys.  As you may already know we don't meet again until 7-26 and by then it will be 3 months with no talks.  I has been very quiet as of late with all the mechanics contracts;  AA, UAL, SWA and UPS.  Did your mediator push dates out as far as ours? Late July?  Haven't heard anything since your last post.  Good luck to you and all mechanics at UAL.

700UW said:
AA has 900 planes and 14,000 mechanics, WN has 700 airplanes and has 2,300 mechanics.

You are smoking crack. As of yesterday we had 6667 mechanics on the clock system wide 2773 are in Tulsa. If you want to add in the OSM's and the AMTO's in the shops you can add  another 613 total 547 in Tulsa and 66 at DWH. This does not include the USAIR mechanics. This is just another one of your lies similar to when you stated that USAIR had an engine shop so continue with your lies it gives you a lot of creditability LOL.

Reactions: 1 person
So once US air is thrown into the seniority bucket, where will that move the number of mechanics to? Would it be around 11 or 12K?

The last list I read there were just over 3,000 AMT'S at USAIR. Don't recall the exact number but it's above 3,000. I could care less about automotive and facilities. They won't affect my AMT seniority list when ever that day comes we merge it.

In 6/2013 USAIR had 3559 mechanics and I don't think that they have hired alot since then. Remember the bulk of mechanic and related is mechanics and does not include stores.

According to the NMB regardless if you have an A&P or not. If you are in the stores class and craft  you are not part of the M&R classification.

767 mechanic said:
According to the NMB regardless if you have an A&P or not. If you are in the stores class and craft  you are not part of the M&R classification.
But yet they are on the M&R CBA at US, and only recieved their own R# in 2005 and to this day they are on the M&R CBA and vote on it.

And have been on the CBA since 1949.

Yes they will be meeting June 27 to July1 . I attached the update on what happened at the previous meeting. I tried to copy it into the post but its a pdf and not cooperating. 
swamt said:
757,  After they met on 6-6 did they announce any dates to meet?  Just curious to how often the mediator set dates with you guys.  As you may already know we don't meet again until 7-26 and by then it will be 3 months with no talks.  I has been very quiet as of late with all the mechanics contracts;  AA, UAL, SWA and UPS.  Did your mediator push dates out as far as ours? Late July?  Haven't heard anything since your last post.  Good luck to you and all mechanics at UAL.

Attachments

• Negotiations update 06092016.pdf
    221.2 KB · Views: 254