United Mechanics Contract

767 mechanic said:
I don't care about the USAIR CBA. What matters is who the NMB states is part of the M&R classification.
I agree, the NMB makes those determinations on class and craft. We tried to explain it to you know who on the AA boards but he keeps insisting it's the USAIR way and everyone else is wrong. Our seniority issue is still not settled and I don't see it happening for a while. I wish you guys all the best.

D7571987 said:
Yes they will be meeting June 27 to July1 . I attached the update on what happened at the previous meeting. I tried to copy it into the post but its a pdf and not cooperating.
Ironic how the company called the failed TA their Last, Best and Final offer and yet according to the update progress was made?

Maybe next time they'll call it their Last, Best, Final and Definitive offer? Just add a new "we're done" word each time.

WeAAsles said:
Ironic how the company called the failed TA their Last, Best and Final offer and yet according to the update progress was made?

Maybe next time they'll call it their Last, Best, Final and Definitive offer? Just add a new "we're done" word each time.
Reamsters, just like your association.
Your next contract is 'years' away, if any.
And there isn't a damn thing you can do about it... B)

Reactions: 2 people
Troll 1 and Troll 2. This is a thread about the UAL mechanics and their contract. Why don't you try to show those people a little bit of respect.

But BTW I think your "anointed" favorite AMpiss is going on 4 years now at SWA. Until they can secure proof of their negotiating prowess your not going to get any fish to be stupid enough to take the bait.

Reactions: 1 person
767, I gotta give you guys and your union cudos for the unity at your carrier.  I went to search for an update from your union on nego's and found this below.  Fantastic that the pilots and F/A's joined in unity with you guys on the info picket line.  I think all the airlines should be moving in this direction.  It really sent a strong message when our pilots invited us and the F/A's to join them on their info picket line in a show of unity and support that blew away the company, and there are more of these coming soon.  
When do you all meet next?  Our next date is set for Late July 26-28 I will update ASAP after we meet. Good luck guys...

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
Troll 1 and Troll 2. This is a thread about the UAL mechanics and their contract. Why don't you try to show those people a little bit of respect.

But BTW I think your "anointed" favorite AMpiss is going on 4 years now at SWA. Until they can secure proof of their negotiating prowess your not going to get any fish to be stupid enough to take the bait.
The only 'TROLL' here is you.
Not United.
Not M&R or related but yet attempt to demean us.
You and your A$$ suck.
Get your own contract before you start casting stones at anyone.
Why don't you girls pull out that coffin or your infamous blow up rat....
:lol:

Reactions: 5 people
Negotiations Update June 30, 2016 Negotiators met throughout the week of June 27th in an effort to close out open issues proposed by the IBT committee in the last session. There was a detailed cost analysis presented by both the IBT’s and the Company’s economists to the union committee and mediators early in the week. The economists agreed on the valuations of the previous and current proposals which will be helpful to the parties as negotiations continue. Several Articles that were TA’d in previous sessions required discussions as there were new items proposed by the IBT committee. During these productive discussions your committee was able to TA seven Articles. This step will put the parties in a much better position when we reengage the week of July 25th in Chicago. Also during the week, small committees had discussions which included open items in benefits, FST and GSE/Facilities language. Your committee was notified on Thursday morning that discussions between Division Director David Bourne and SVP Labor Relations Doug McKeen resulted in an agreement to have CEO Oscar Munoz address the negotiating committee at the next session. David relayed to the committee that Oscar looks forward to addressing them. Your committee welcomes this development and looks forward to, in the very near future, finalizing an industry leading Agreement with the Company that you can all be proud of.

Good. I hope SW corporate enjoys the picketing. It is interesting that SW, AA and UAL mechs will all be in negotiations the week of July 26

Yes it is interesting.  I have heard 2 things that might be happening in these up coming July meetings. 1- The co. or at least GK has said that they should have something for the Pilots in July.  2- Have also heard that the co. may very well be sending in an LBF offer across the table. This is where we will have (provided an LBF does come) a better picture of what the co. wants concerning outsourcing and future maint.  To this day they have not been completely forth coming or up front about it in the past. 3- The up coming informational picketing by a very large number of mechanics, pilots, and F/A's as well as some from all groups at SWA.  
So yea I guess the last week of July just might produce some big movements on some of our contracts.  Watch the SWA thread for updates on the I.P. coming 7-22 and the contract nego updates. Good luck with your nego.  Hoping UAL and AA get a industry leading contract offers...

From IBT Local 455 Denver website July 28 2016 Nego update

July 28, 2016 Your Negotiating Committee met the week of July 25th – 29th , 2016 in Chicago. The week started out with CEO Oscar Munoz talking to the Union Committee. Munoz gave his vision for the future of the Company, including how our group fits in to that strategy going forward. He answered several questions regarding his involvement in facilitating the process of talks that will lead to an industry leading contract. All the Letters of Agreement (LOAs) from each of the three CBAs were reviewed and put together into a list of those that could be removed, updated, merged with others or moved to Historical Reference Section (HRO). We met with the Company over the next day and a half working through the list. Your committee was able to come to agreement with the company on 17 of the LOAs. The rest of the LOAs are tied to the economic four corners of the agreement and will be discussed during the next bargaining session. On Thursday, the Company presented a comprehensive counter proposal. This proposal will be reviewed and countered during the next session. Three additional Articles were TA’d after the Company’s proposal. As a result of the nature of the talks, the NMB has instructed the parties to avoid discussing any details of the proposal. Board member Linda Puchala sent Mediator Gerry McGuckin an email which stated in part: “The parties have reached a critical stage in the mediation process that entails the discussion of all remaining sections of the contract. This stage of mediation is characterized by the discussion and exchange of comprehensive proposals.” Further she stated: “As we enter this stage of mediation the NMB Chairman and the NMB Mediators assigned to this case have asked the parties to refrain from public disclosure of the details of these comprehensive proposals.” This is commonly referred to as a formal gag order from the NMB. This order preventing the committee members and all parties involved from speaking about the terms discussed during each session will stay in place until the parties reach a tentative agreement. The NMB has instructed the parties that we will meet the week of August 8th, 2016 in Reston, Virginia. Your Negotiating committee

Thx D757,  Looks like you guys are down to the "nuts and bolts" finally.  That's good news, is it not?  I fully understand the gag order at this time as it could get very touchy releasing too much at this time.  Hopefully I will have something today for an update after our sessions the 26th-28th.