United Mechanics Contract

That's the thing about the Teamsters and the IAM. Suddenly the vote count is yes and you have a new contract. How, nobody really knows.

D7571987 said:
From IBT Local 455 Denver website July 28 2016 Nego update

July 28, 2016 Your Negotiating Committee met the week of July 25th – 29th , 2016 in Chicago. The week started out with CEO Oscar Munoz talking to the Union Committee. Munoz gave his vision for the future of the Company, including how our group fits in to that strategy going forward. He answered several questions regarding his involvement in facilitating the process of talks that will lead to an industry leading contract. All the Letters of Agreement (LOAs) from each of the three CBAs were reviewed and put together into a list of those that could be removed, updated, merged with others or moved to Historical Reference Section (HRO). We met with the Company over the next day and a half working through the list. Your committee was able to come to agreement with the company on 17 of the LOAs. The rest of the LOAs are tied to the economic four corners of the agreement and will be discussed during the next bargaining session. On Thursday, the Company presented a comprehensive counter proposal. This proposal will be reviewed and countered during the next session. Three additional Articles were TA’d after the Company’s proposal. As a result of the nature of the talks, the NMB has instructed the parties to avoid discussing any details of the proposal. Board member Linda Puchala sent Mediator Gerry McGuckin an email which stated in part: “The parties have reached a critical stage in the mediation process that entails the discussion of all remaining sections of the contract. This stage of mediation is characterized by the discussion and exchange of comprehensive proposals.” Further she stated: “As we enter this stage of mediation the NMB Chairman and the NMB Mediators assigned to this case have asked the parties to refrain from public disclosure of the details of these comprehensive proposals.” This is commonly referred to as a formal gag order from the NMB. This order preventing the committee members and all parties involved from speaking about the terms discussed during each session will stay in place until the parties reach a tentative agreement. The NMB has instructed the parties that we will meet the week of August 8th, 2016 in Reston, Virginia. Your Negotiating committee

Really hoping the new CEO tries to get outsourcing down and get you guys a next gen engine in-house. i.e. GEnX. 

Hopefully he wants to beef up the MRO work too. 

D757, I just posted an update from our recent negotiations this past week. You can also go to www.amfanational.org to get even more info on other recent news. But I will post the link here for you to read but please discus in our forum if you have any responces or questions.  Next nego's set for us is a lousy 3 more days set early Aug.:

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #43
August 3, 2016 -- AMFA met with the Company in Dallas, Texas on July 26–28, 2016, for a scheduled mediated session. To begin the session, the AMFA Negotiating Committee chairmen met with the mediator, and with her guidance we worked as a Committee to again prepare a list of our "asks" to be presented to the Company. AMFA later met with the Company and presented our list, which included... 
Read More...

D7571987 said:
Thanks for the update, hopefully it will help make some progress for you guys. 
Don't count on it. Co. is stalling big time. They (the co.) may even use this as a way to stall more. But the changes made at the top should not, and will not change any progress in nego's.  But we will see.

1AA said:
Thanks for the results. Sadly only just under 30% votes were casted. Is there a reason why so low?
It is sad that only 30% of the entire membership voted on such a huge issue, agreed.  But, it was a much larger membership participation than I was expecting. To put it bluntly, Dallas is tired of the National's LACK of "getting involved".  Over 50% of the votes came from Dallas members. 
1AA, most of our union related union votes are very low turn outs. Why? I have no clue. 

swamt said:
Don't count on it. Co. is stalling big time. They (the co.) may even use this as a way to stall more. But the changes made at the top should not, and will not change any progress in nego's.  But we will see.

It is sad that only 30% of the entire membership voted on such a huge issue, agreed.  But, it was a much larger membership participation than I was expecting. To put it bluntly, Dallas is tired of the National's LACK of "getting involved".  Over 50% of the votes came from Dallas members. 
1AA, most of our union related union votes are very low turn outs. Why? I have no clue. 

FWIW that is pretty much the case for any union. 

D757, Hey, just another update from our nego's this week:

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #44
August 11, 2016 -- We heard from you, the members, at the outset of these negotiations that you were not interested in a concessionary agreement. Your Committee has maintained that position and protected your directive throughout this process. The proposal presented by the Company this week was nothing short of just that – a concessionary agreement whereby you would fund your own raises by selling your language. The Company wants us to sell our work, our ability to earn overtime and quality of life work rules wholesale in order to fund the economic package you will see in this update. 
Read More...

Company and IBT international are reporting that an ( agreement in principle ) has been reached. 

Havent heard from union nego members directly yet to see if this is a real deal or a forced pile of doo like the previous one.

D7571987 said:
Company and IBT international are reporting that an ( agreement in principle ) has been reached. 

Havent heard from union nego members directly yet to see if this is a real deal or a forced pile of doo like the previous one.
I have been reading too that that the mechanics have an agreement in principle, or a possible TA. We will see in the coming days how it is. Hoping it is something you guys can vote yes on, but we will see. Good luck brother, hope it's a good one for you all. They say it's industry leading and I hope so.

I hate it when T/A's and AIP's come out on Fri and some times Thur. and we have to wait all week-end for the final numbers, and it could be longer if the ibt doesn't want the numbers out prior to their own membership getting the details first. Look forward to your update D757.
As you know about our latest offer by the co. we will also get back to the table Aug 23-25. It seems our co. is starting to pick up the pace with all these other airlines now coming to terms, heck maybe we too will have something to vote on by end of this year, but not holding breath.  I will send you another update after next meeting.  Just maybe your new CEO really means he wants to work more closely with the union groups and the employees, this offer you guys are fixin to mull over will be the tell-tale story on that issue.

swamt said:
Just maybe your new CEO really means he wants to work more closely with the union groups and the employees, this offer you guys are fixin to mull over will be the tell-tale story on that issue.
It's sad that all the legacy CEO's have trumped WN's by coming to terms with its unions while Mr. Kelly digs his heels in denial that he has created cultural enmity with his own.

Latest posts