United Mechanics Contract

swamt said:
I have been reading too that that the mechanics have an agreement in principle, or a possible TA. We will see in the coming days how it is. Hoping it is something you guys can vote yes on, but we will see. Good luck brother, hope it's a good one for you all. They say it's industry leading and I hope so.

Word through the Grapevine is, Munoz walked in to the negotiations and made his final pitch of $600 million on top of what was offered last TA.  It falls well short of what the IBT ask was, but after talking about it - the negotiators did the rough math, and accepted the offer.  Evidently, it was more than enough to correct the poison pills offered in the last TA.  Word is, it's going to raise the bar quite a bit.  Good luck!

Vortilon said:

Word through the Grapevine is, Munoz walked in to the negotiations and made his final pitch of $600 million on top of what was offered last TA.  It falls well short of what the IBT ask was, but after talking about it - the negotiators did the rough math, and accepted the offer.  Evidently, it was more than enough to correct the poison pills offered in the last TA.  Word is, it's going to raise the bar quite a bit.  Good luck!
It sounds like good news so far. I hope you are correct. It also sounds like your new CEO is a man of his words to come to labor peace. I assume the agreement in principle will become a T/A once the ibt international votes to have it come to the members for their votes.  A 600 million improvement sounds more than just pay increase improvements to me, so let's see where the rest of the added monies will be going. I hope it is as good as it sounds. BTW; what was the ibt ask as far as economics?  If it falls well short of their original ask then why the agreement in principle?  Does anyone have a time frame of when the details will be out?  Good luck to you guys, hoping you get everything you want back from previous takes from the co.

From the Denver Local

Negotiations Update August 13, 2016 The parties reached an agreement in principal at this week's session in Reston VA. The language finalization will need to occur and is scheduled to resume in Chicago next week. It is anticipated that, since there are not many language changes needed, that this part of the process should not take long. As soon as the language is finalized the negotiating committee will reconvene to review and approve. If accepted, the agreement in principal would then become a tentative agreement. Once that is complete, rather than spending time on printing and mailing the package, electronic copies of the full agreement will be distributed to the membership followed by an online ratification vote. This will take place as soon as possible. During the ratification there will also be a group traveling the system as well as other materials to explain the new terms.

We are all waiting for the details from the union. They are finalizing the language with the company and will make sure its correct before releasing it as a TA. 

Labor relations at WN seems to already know their offer last week exceeds United's. Maybe we can get WN to reveal United pay rates.

Not sure what you mean here Birdman.  Are you stating that SWA knows the United offer? or the union knows what the offer was? Because I have not heard one word yet what United mechs are being offered.  One guy has posted that United is offering to put them in the 50's but does that mean at DOS? Or at the end of how ever many years their contract offer is?  SWA's latest offer for us will put us at 50's at DOS, and then land at 56 and some change at the end of the 5 yr agreement.  I guess we will all see soon.

Im thinking all these airline execs have each other on speed dial. 

Birdman said:
Labor relations at WN seems to already know their offer last week exceeds United's. Maybe we can get WN to reveal United pay rates.

A letter from MR to the AMT's stated that SWA's offer is 5% over AA and United. That tells me he already knows what the United mechanics are being offered.  And yes D757, the airlines talk to each other about what they are offering each group.  I think SWA is rushing to a contract all of a sudden to get done before UPS comes to terms.  Some on the floor are thinking we may get a final offer or a take it or leave it offer soon from the co. If anything comes out without any changes to the language asks by the co. we need to send an overwhelming 100% NO vote back to the co. I am done with any more outsourcing.  Over 68-75% is plenty and actually too much, but it is what the teamsters have allowed for decades when they were here, and it's nearly impossible to get that work back in house.  More tweeks are needed for the membership to buy off on it.  Birdman, notice how the co. has not bugged on the scope language so far?  The mediator needs to get them to move on this part, and they are still gonna have to tweek the economics side of it.  They did state when they left the table last time that this was not a final offer, even though it was stated as a "take it or leave it" offer in the updates. So wondering if we might see a final offer after this next weeks nego's?  If they do, and AMFA allows it to come out for a vote, it will be the first time the mechanics would get something to vote on in over 4 years, our Pilots and F/A's already had their first votes, and both were voted down by the membership even though the union leadership at both agreed in principle and the F/A's presidents and NC highly recommended a yes vote.  Now the union is looking to oust president of the F/A's union. This should have been done when the NC was replaced.

Latest posts