United Mechanics Contract

swamt said:
What happened to 47 plus?
Nothing has changed since the August 5 announcements. $46.76 is based pay + license premium. If working midnights on the "line" add another $1.05 (.55 line +.50 midnight retention pay). Of course there is also the .01 &.02 cents shift premiums, but hey who's counting? Hopefully UAL can raise the bar. Who will be first to break $50/hr ?

D7571987 said:
Yes its a TA, with a whole lot of negatives in it
Does the industry reset adjustment include us (SWA), UPS and FedEx in the comparo's? If not then it is NOT industry leading as the teamsters are saying it is. Funny how they say it's industry leading, but they don't include everyone within the industry.  I guess we will all see when the votes are in, good luck to you all...

No the reset is a complete joke. Full of holes and double talk. The only thing we have in the ta is a clause that says we get 1% per year increase every year past amendable without a new contract. Hopefully this TA goes down 90% no. 

Reactions: 4 people
D7571987 said:
Yes new deal is adding all 767 787 A350 to 777 outsourcing to foreign heavy cks . I dont know what they have been doing with the 747. 

So taking 3 more types to Asia. What a joke. 

747s go to Asia. IIRC they go to HAECO. 

Wow, i was expecting much more.... 1% per year, are you kidding me?

Whare did the aircraft movements end up in this T/A?

If this passes, it will only lower the bar for AMTs. The time has come for all AMTs to unite, regardless of what union you have!

Wow, i was expecting much more.... 1% per year, are you kidding me?

Where did the aircraft movements end up in this T/A?

If this passes, it will only lower the bar for AMTs. The time has come for all AMTs to unite, regardless of what union you have!

Well, that time has passed. You 'all' had an opportunity to join an all AMT union and were too scared to keep it.

You HillBillies fucked yourselves with not staying AMFA and expanding it.
You have only 'ONE" did I say one? tool in your union toolbox and that is to withhold your services if a contract is not met.

Unions did not only 'not' support AMFA, most were happy to see their demise and willingly participated in it's failure.

Da Company knows you nimrods will never strike again, you have no leverage.

B) xUT

--------------------------------------------------------------
Edited By Me

Or Balls!

Last edited:
Well, that time has passed. You 'all' had an opportunity to join an all AMT union and were too scared to keep it.

You HillBillies fucked yourselves with not staying AMFA and expanding it.
You have only 'ONE" did I say one? tool in your union toolbox and that is to withhold your services if a contract is not met.

Unions did not only 'not' support AMFA, most were happy to see their demise and willingly participated in it's failure.

Da Company knows you nimrods will never strike again, you have no leverage.

B) xUT

Edited By Me

Or Balls!

First of all you dont have to strike to gain leverage, you can stay on the clock and have plenty of leverage.

Second, just joining the same union does not automatically give you leverage, you need participation.

Third, there are some of us who will never give up the fight. If you have, then thats on you and you played into the companies hands.

First of all you dont have to strike to gain leverage, you can stay on the clock and have plenty of leverage.

Second, just joining the same union does not automatically give you leverage, you need participation.

Third, there are some of us who will never give up the fight. If you have, then thats on you and you played into the companies hands.

OK, good luck.
It hasn't worked in the past but you guys keep trying.
Try not to throw the retirees under the bus again, we don't have much left.

So they gave up aircraft movements in this TA.

Really??? We are bargaining in concessions when they are making boat loads of cash!

At dfw AA mtx is in flight deck for all moves......but usair uses ramp personel. So if you think the twu/iam assoc will keep mtx up there......you must have already taken that blind leap of faith!!!!!!!!!! But according to Doug, that is not a concession!!!!! Thats just how we merge the 2 contracts, with the help of the company union!!!!!!

Contract Watchdog
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Standing Strong for Our Profession
Industry Leading Wages then and now
In 2002 United mechanics received a true industry leading contract after 2 years of negotiating.
We went through two strike votes the NMB and a PEB Presidential Emergency Board before we
received our contract. All in two years, Full Retro Pay, a 46% increase in wages, with good medical
coverage and a company Defined Benefit Plan that paid $87 x years of service. We received this
contract less than 9 months after 9/11.
After 4 years of record profits it is time for a contract with the wages and benefits we deserve.
All the other Unions on the property received industry leading contracts with Industry leading wages
and pension benefits. Why should UAL mechanics be paid anything less?
UAL Mechanic Contract 2010 – 2013 UAL Mechanic Wage Increase $31.61 to $36.93 or 16%
UAL Mechanic Pension 401k Increase – 0% (8 years lost)
2016 UAL Mechanic Wage Increase $36.93 to $47.31 or 28%

A 28% Increase in wages with no increase in Pension Benefits in 8 years. The Pilots 401k went up 160%
and the Fleet Service workers Pension multiplier went up 51%. What will we receive for eight lost years
with no 401k increases under Teamster representation? More Scope and Language concessions.
Looks Like Teamsters Wages and Pension benefits never lived up to their Organizing Campaign hype.
Who will apologize to the UAL Mechanics that lost 8 years of Pension Benefits because of the IBT Campaign Lies?
UAL Pilots Contract 2012 – 2017 Average Wage increase of 43 percent in Pay. UAL Pilots received
a 160 Percent increase in 401k DC from 6% to 16% Pilots received Full Retro Pay
UAL Pilots Extension 2015-2019 - UAL Pilots Average Wage increase of 22%.
2009 to 2019 UAL Pilot Total Increase in Wages 65%
UAL Pilot Total Increase in 401k DC 160%
UAL Ramp Contract 2013-2016 UAL Ramp Serviceman Wage Increase $20.61 to $26.64 or 29%
Years of Service Pension Multiplier from $57.87 to $74.10
UAL Ramp Contract 2016 to 2021 Fleet Service Wage increase from $26.64 to $33.30 or 25%
Years of Service Pension Multiplier from $74.10 to $87.33
2009 to 2021 UAL Ramp Serviceman Total Wage Increase 62%
UAL Ramp Serviceman Total Pension Incre