United Mechanics Contract

Dead silence on the seniority integration plan. I expect it will anger many. This should of been done a long time ago. The pilots received a $150m bonus for having a seniority integration agreement at time of ratification. I also have heard rumors of allowing mechanics helpers. Something that has not been done here at UAL while I have been here for 30 years. We have about 1500 mechanics on furlough at this time. I expect some kind of buyout or offer to make them go away also. It's going to be interesting. I can say it has been confirmed the company wants to offer us a $100,000. buyout. If so, bye bye UAL and hello retirement.

gtd said:
Dead silence on the seniority integration plan. I expect it will anger many. This should of been done a long time ago. The pilots received a $150m bonus for having a seniority integration agreement at time of ratification. I also have heard rumors of allowing mechanics helpers. Something that has not been done here at UAL while I have been here for 30 years. We have about 1500 mechanics on furlough at this time. I expect some kind of buyout or offer to make them go away also. It's going to be interesting. I can say it has been confirmed the company wants to offer us a $100,000. buyout. If so, bye bye UAL and hello retirement.
You can never please both sides when 2 unions are trying to merge. Doesn't the CAL teamsters have merging language in their contract?  Not sure if UAL did as the teamsters took over an existing contract from IAM-AMFA and now the teamsters.  
100,000.00 early out seems to be the going rate now days for mechanics.  The last one we were offered was 75K in 2009.  Company was not happy with the low turn out to take it. So they asked some of the 30 plus years guys why they were not taking it and the response was make it am even 100K and they would have.  The very recent rumored buy out offer that was suppose to come with the new contract was going to be the 100K, however, that was put off to get the AT purchase completed. We are once again hearing little tid-bits of an offer may come back out.
GTD, I hope you get it and get to retire, you deserve it.   And here is the latest update for our nego's. Mediators have set dates and times. Mediators said it will be slow until we get thru the holidays with their current schedules but they promised to go "full bore" after the holidays (next year).  Whatever that means...

The Negotiating Committee is providing this update to the AMFA Membership at Southwest Airlines. This report is the only official authorized source of negotiating communications by the Committee.
First, we would like to notify you that we have dates scheduled for our first mediated Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) negotiations. We will meet in Irving, Texas at 1:00pm on November 30, 2015, and two full days are scheduled for December 1 and 2, 2015. This will be our first negotiation session since we sought the assistance of the National Mediation Board in July 2015. Although the mediator stated that observers would not be allowed in the room for our initial meetings, if there is interest, we will establish a break-out room that we can give updates during caucuses for any members who desire to attend. Please contact your local representative if you choose to be present during this session so that prior arrangements can be made.

There was supposed to be a Summit yesterday or today with UA CEO Oscar Munoz and the Mechs union chiefs including Teamster president James Hoffa and the Flight att union leaders and Munoz canceled it. 

D7571987 said:
There was supposed to be a Summit yesterday or today with UA CEO Oscar Munoz and the Mechs union chiefs including Teamster president James Hoffa and the Flight att union leaders and Munoz canceled it. 

He had a heart attack. See this link: http://seekingalpha.com/news/2835036-wsj-united-ceo-munoz-suffers-h

Our negotiators and company were supposed to be meeting in Ft Laud this week but I dont know if it got changed because of the CEO deal or not. 

D7571987 said:
Our negotiators and company were supposed to be meeting in Ft Laud this week but I dont know if it got changed because of the CEO deal or not. 
They are meeting as we speak.

Wow gtd and 757, I am shocked that this meeting went on as planned. I too thought there would have been a delay due to the CEO issues lately.  Speaks volumes that UAL does in fact want to get a deal done. Kudos to you guys and your company for continuing to move forward. Pretty sure you guys will not have anything over night or even this week, but hoping you guys reach a T/A asap. Good luck and hope to hear some good news soon.  
BTW, congrats to you all for a very positive 3Q earnings report...

You do realize they have been negotiating for a JCBA for over FIVE years?

700UW said:
You do realize they have been negotiating for a JCBA for over FIVE years?
Yes, we all know that. Thanks for the reminder though...