United Mechanics Contract

IBT is not in the mode of cramming anything to the UA mechanics.  Next friday will be a Local 19 meeting in Houston to discuss it.

From Local 19: 

Members, We have just gotten back into town from a long contentious week of negotiations. When we landed we were pummeled with information regarding the Company announcing, including by loud speaker, that we have reached a Tentative Agreement. What we have before us is a closeout proposal from the Company that left no open door for further negotiations. A T/A leads one to believe that both parties agreed and that is not the case here. It is our responsibility at this point to educate the membership on every change that the Company seeks to bring before you and with a carrot of a DELTA matching wage. I will be working through the weekend building PowerPoint presentations and updating status charts to share with you. I am going to need some time to get the final documents when they are completed from the Chief Negotiators. 
Our next GMM is Friday October 30th @ 08:00. There will be detailed information on what transpired, how the committee came to a neutral recommendation and where we go from here. I do ask that you take confidence in that with the future meetings that will be scheduled, you will be well educated on the changes and be able to make an informed decision on how to vote on this proposal.

D7571987 said:

IBT is not in the mode of cramming anything to the UA mechanics.  Next friday will be a Local 19 meeting in Houston to discuss it.

From Local 19: 

Members, We have just gotten back into town from a long contentious week of negotiations. When we landed we were pummeled with information regarding the Company announcing, including by loud speaker, that we have reached a Tentative Agreement. What we have before us is a closeout proposal from the Company that left no open door for further negotiations. A T/A leads one to believe that both parties agreed and that is not the case here. It is our responsibility at this point to educate the membership on every change that the Company seeks to bring before you and with a carrot of a DELTA matching wage. I will be working through the weekend building PowerPoint presentations and updating status charts to share with you. I am going to need some time to get the final documents when they are completed from the Chief Negotiators. 
Our next GMM is Friday October 30th @ 08:00. There will be detailed information on what transpired, how the committee came to a neutral recommendation and where we go from here. I do ask that you take confidence in that with the future meetings that will be scheduled, you will be well educated on the changes and be able to make an informed decision on how to vote on this proposal.

Well the quote about voting in 1 to 2 weeks came directly from the ibts Mechanic Dispatch so somebody up there has their wires crossed

Reactions: 2 people
They just came to an agreement with IBT...$46.15 33% increase over the life of the contract and $100k early out option. Also a reset in the topout incase the industry standard goes up again during the contract and after if there is no contract after the amendable date. Now its up to the guys to vote on it. 

So doing the math the bonus comes out to about $9000 before taxes each. Record profits and they give us this?

Right and when the fine print comes out well see if they changed profit sharing for the worse or not.....

D7571987 said:
Right and when the fine print comes out well see if they changed profit sharing for the worse or not.....
My guess it will be cut.

I just got word that the Airline Division met with the company the week before the negotiators met. I understand our negotiators are not happy with what went down. Now we shall see what the negotiators have to say. If they will reveal the truth about the ibt.

10428625_178904339116750_6224698906380241187_n.jpg

3 years late and no retro, Lump sump bonus pool of 80 million compared to last UAL IAM  ramp fleet service contract lump pool of 170 million and last UA pilot lump sum pool of 400 million . 

The profit sharing shown for WN is very misleading.
Yes, profit sharing is offered by the BOD (and has been for every year since the very beginning, even in very lean years), but the formula for how much goes into the pool is predetermined and depends of course on the amount of profits.

The pool is then divided among all employees depending on each persons total yearly income.
All employees don't get the same amount, but they all get the same percentage of their own yearly pay.

Last year it equaled 9.6% of each persons total pay.
That was over $11,000 into my profit-sharing account.

I find it interesting that in the bubble chart, they represent our $11k bubble to be the same as your $1,900 bubble and smaller than Delta's $3900 bubble.
Also, I have never received anything near as low as $1900 profit sharing in any year at WN.

Reactions: 1 person
So now we are all told it is not a T/A. But yet, a best, last and final. Sounds like UAL is pumping this up and the union is not.  As gtd says we will all read the fine print. And I agree with you guys, the signing bonus is way too low for how long you guys have been waiting for this JCBA. And yes, it should be "full" retro NOT a signing bonus, period...