United pilot insults USAIR 1549 Captain

Duplicate thread.

But I do agree with the latest commentator:

Wow dude, you are truly a piece of work. The only thing I'm concerned about here is that someone might actually take your "offense" seriously and get this pilot in trouble, or start instituting some "corporate policies" restricting jokes. If you are seriously offended by this joke, I think you need to take a good long look at yourself in the mirror and try to figure out where you went wrong in life. A sense of humor is a good thing, you should try getting one.

B) xUT

The Sully insult is the very reason United pilots are the joke of the industry. The Barney Fyfes of the sky.

Get a grip! It was a joke. That's the problem with our society, everything has to be PC. The guy (Sully) was just very very very lucky. Sure, there was skill involved in actually setting the AC down on the water, but the rest of the flight prior to that he was just along for the ride. If the engines would have run for 30 or 40 seconds longer you would have had quite a few deaths as he would have tried to make the runway at TEB or EWR and come up short. It's nice to be alive and able to make a joke about it, rather than dead buried in the mud next to Giants Stadium.

Get a grip! It was a joke. That's the problem with our society, everything has to be PC. The guy (Sully) was just very very very lucky. Sure, there was skill involved in actually setting the AC down on the water, but the rest of the flight prior to that he was just along for the ride.

It was a stupid thing to say. If you can't see that I don't want to fly on your airplane.

It was a stupid thing to say.

I agree - it wasn't the best idea ever to say it on the PA. On the other hand, I remember the inside jokes after one of the other US planes ended up in the water around LGA.

Why do US planes (the old US Air livery) have the stripe down the side. To mark the high and low tide water line...

Jim

I agree - it wasn't the best idea ever to say it on the PA. On the other hand, I remember the inside jokes after one of the other US planes ended up in the water around LGA.

Why do US planes (the old US Air livery) have the stripe down the side. To mark the high and low tide water line...

Jim

Now that's funny... an inside joke that belongs anywhere but on the P.A.

There was also the joke about the Old US Livery.....

Why are there Three Stripes on the Tail?

Same as the Stripe.... They are Water Marks.

Also, the 737 accident was Flight 5050. There were many jokes about that as well.

There was also the joke about the Old US Livery.....

Why are there Three Stripes on the Tail?

Same as the Stripe.... They are Water Marks.

Also, the 737 accident was Flight 5050. There were many jokes about that as well.
Crews are held to being professional more so than other airline employees, but they are also human and this comment was very funny although not everyone has thick skin. Good Joke, but wrong place and time?

Good Joke, but wrong place and time?
I think that sums it up. Supposedly after 1549 a US pilot apologized to the passengers for the delay leaving LGA, but more fuel was being added "because I don't want to end up in the Hudson." Another "wrong place and time" plus not even that funny. On the other hand, there's the picture of the retrofit that US was doing to the planes which made the rounds internally - an A-320 with giant floats. That was funny.

Jim

Actually I have heard in some circles that "some" pilots have made comments basically because they are envious of all the attention not to mention monetary opportunities Sully is getting and will continue to get in light of a book he just penned. They wished it was them. I would like to remind them that this could have went very bad for even a seasoned veteran like "Sully". They had nice weather with no wind to contend with. If they had been above a solid cloud deck and that had happened might have been a very different outcome.