united trip airline question

flyingman

Jan 29, 2007
I am thinking of going to visit family in california this summer and i was wondering if it's better to go from washington dulles to san diego direct or is it better to have a layover in a united hub city going in that direction and back. Are direct IAD -SAN bound and direct SAN-IAD flights harder and fuller to get seats on then making a connection at a united hub to get to san diego. I would guess it's more $$ to go direct on that route? any ideas on this issue would love to hear from more united flyers fans!

Nonstop is always best. Maybe not always the cheapest, but to me it is worth it to pay a little more for convenience (and reduce the risk of getting stuck in ORD overnight).

Don't forget going thru LAX. If you are NRSA, there are a lot of flights between SAN-LAX, and LAX-IAD. Also SAN-SFO-IAD too.

Don't forget going thru LAX. If you are NRSA, there are a lot of flights between SAN-LAX, and LAX-IAD. Also SAN-SFO-IAD too.
I like the approach to SFO over the bay, then take-off over the bay make a turn to the left and go all around the City by the Bay!

Back