Unruly pax on US flight

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Same day as the jetBlue incident, a good day not to fly!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/passenger-subdued-on-usairways-flight-witnesses-on-nc-to-florida-flight-say-she-attacked-crew/2012/03/28/gIQA3Af8fS_story.html

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A female passenger aboard a US Airways flight from Charlotte, N.C., to Fort Myers, Fla., was arrested after attacking crew members before being wrestled to the floor by an off-duty deputy aboard the flight, an arrest report released Wednesday said.

The apparently intoxicated passenger aboard US Airways flight 1697 kicked, spit on, and cursed at a flight attendant after the crew member refused to serve her alcohol, according to the arrest report by Lee County Port Authority Police.

What is really amazing is that we have a press report the does not have periods in the company name! :rolleyes: Okay, this is the WaPo which should have better standards.

Reactions: 2 people
umm... That was my point. A reporter (or copy editor) got it right for a change. A great many many articles about the company say "U.S. Airways".
Gotcha. Sorry bout that.

A whole bunch of us still call it USAir, much to the consternation of several internet posters here and at Flyertalk.com. But I won't make that mistake here. B)

Reactions: 1 person
Wonder if her Blood Alcohol Lever was higher or lower then Doug's was? Sorry, just couldn't resist poking my little ignored stalking toroll. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now for something completely different.

As customer of US and consumer of adult beverages these types of things trouble me. There can be no excuse for spitting at/on someone and hopefully US will prosecute.

Serious question. In incidents like these to Airlines in general follow through with charges? Or do they just let the incident fage away?

The intoxicated moron passenger scenario happens a lot more than you can keep up with. Isn't alcohol suppose to have a more intoxicating effect at 30000 ft.? Not to mention that insanity has taken to the air lately :lol:

The intoxicated moron passenger scenario happens a lot more than you can keep up with. Isn't alcohol suppose to have a more intoxicating effect at 30000 ft.? Not to mention that insanity has taken to the air lately :lol:
Cabins are pressurized to the equivalent of 8,500 feet, right? If alcohol consumption is a bigger problem at that altitude than it is at sea level, then I would expect more alcohol-fueled incidents at ski resorts, most of which are at that altitude or higher. Maybe there are and I just don't hear about them.

The 787, with its pressurization to the equivalent to 6,000 feet, should be a more drunk-friendly plane, as that's not much higher than Denver's elevation. :D

Wonder if her Blood Alcohol Lever was higher or lower then Doug's was? Sorry, just couldn't resist poking my little ignored stalking toroll. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now for something completely different.

As customer of US and consumer of adult beverages these types of things trouble me. There can be no excuse for spitting at/on someone and hopefully US will prosecute.

Serious question. In incidents like these to Airlines in general follow through with charges? Or do they just let the incident fage away?

Sad to say more often than not the offender gets off easy. Now if the employee who was spit on and attacked were to use some sort of profanity while defending themselves you can bet the employee will get time off.

I was on a flight from LAX-CLT a few years ago in 1C, and the woam in 1A became increasingly drunk and abusive to the other pax, and wouldn't turn off her cell phone. I told the FA to cut her off, which set the woman off. (I don't think she knew I had tattled on her.)

The police met the plane in CLT and they hauled her off. The other pax in F had observed me talking to her, and assumed we were friends, but I assured them I had never seen her before and was only being polite while she drove me crazy. :blink:

The situation was handled well by the crew, and I'm glad we didn't have to make an emergency landing (probably because after she was cut off she eventually fell asleep). It's scary to be trapped in a plane with a drunk, especially if they're seated next to you!

Cabins are pressurized to the equivalent of 8,500 feet, right? If alcohol consumption is a bigger problem at that altitude than it is at sea level, then I would expect more alcohol-fueled incidents at ski resorts, most of which are at that altitude or higher. Maybe there are and I just don't hear about them.

The 787, with its pressurization to the equivalent to 6,000 feet, should be a more drunk-friendly plane, as that's not much higher than Denver's elevation. :D

when they ski... they hit trees... and die... up on an aeroplane... the just get angry

Latest posts