UPS Mechanics Contract Update Requested

Oct 1 set to vote.
A lot of guys have seen some language that the Co got away with that's NOT GOOD.
As usual, on surface money looks great, just like they want it to appear.

There's also, from what I'm reading on the FB Local 2727 amt & related board, some accusations of our local president doing a closed door handshake deal with the Co in order to get a AIP done asap. That these clowns have been fiddle darting around with our livelyhood out here IS INFURIATING.

Furs flying in L2727.....
IBT doing a private handshake deal!?
CANT BE!!!.....NO WAY. ‍♂️Smh

Go Figure !!!?!?!!

Oct 1 set to vote.
A lot of guys have seen some language that the Co got away with that's NOT GOOD.
As usual, on surface money looks great, just like they want it to appear.

There's also, from what I'm reading on the FB Local 2727 amt & related board, some accusations of our local president doing a closed door handshake deal with the Co in order to get a AIP done asap. That these clowns have been fiddle darting around with our livelyhood out here IS INFURIATING.

Furs flying in L2727.....
IBT doing a private handshake deal!?
CANT BE!!!.....NO WAY. ‍♂️Smh
Now the negativity comes out, kinda like ours.

Go Figure !!!?!?!!

Sounds like the same ole teamsters huh?

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/09/ups-teamsters-union-contract-hoffa

Imagine....the one heading up YOUR REPRESENTATION colluding with the company to sell his members a POS contract for the sake of retaining dues flow.
DESPICABLE.
That's the Reamsters!

I think a lot of guys are just itching to go out with the ground. Incl me.....

QUOTE="swamt, post: 1306115, member: 17665"]Now the negativity comes out, kinda like ours.

Sounds like the same ole teamsters huh?[/QUOTE]

Hey 757nightmare, did the mechanics talley their votes on Mon.?
Any idea what the results are??

FAILED by 60% with 95 percent of AMTs voting
Ok. Same boat as us. Thx for the update.
Great turnout with 95% and approx 2/3 saying NO.
Good luck getting back to the table and let us know what the items are that made it fail pls.

Any details on the second offer fellas?
Would be nice to have all the details before we get back to the table again in Jan.
Hope it is what you guys want this time around.
I did hear the retirement was increased by 10% I think.
I have seen some highlights, but interested in full language and the "rest of the story".

Any details on the second offer fellas?
Would be nice to have all the details before we get back to the table again in Jan.
Hope it is what you guys want this time around.
I did hear the retirement was increased by 10% I think.
I have seen some highlights, but interested in full language and the "rest of the story".

17.72% across board raise DOR, instead of 16.4.
Took increase from pension and applied to new wage rate increases. Newbs still get hosed on hrly. After 3+ yrs I’ll go from $26.79(yes, that my rate right now with 3 yrs Sept), to $31.54(think), where we should’ve STARTED 3 yrs ago. I get less than $5/hr raise, topped mechs get almost $9/hr DOS. So now, instead of a $20/hr raise dumped in our laps on last step, it’ll be like $28/hr.
Nice Reamsters.
To the Co credit, they still are a 5 yr step progression, not 7 like many carriers out there(incl FX, however a new hire does start out MUCH higher at FX).

Healthcare(presuming untouched as far as OOP costs-we’ll see), except the annual ded dropped from 200 emp only/450 emp,spouse to $150/300 new prop. Still....no monthly prem. So, in my real world experience w other Co, not bad at all. Again, we’ll see what else they tampered with as far as OOP costs are concerned.

“Full retro” from Nov 2013, apparently from what I’m reading is still “Full billshit”, We’re NOT getting full retro as one would imagine. I’ve read on our FB 2727 page that it’s a percentage of first year(2013), percentage of remaining years.
Maybe I’m wrong(again, I don’t have my IBT propsal book to refer to)...
I stated all along....if this trucking Co knew they had to actually pay, FULL RETRO...that thing would’ve been done 3-4 yrs ago.
Somehow I know the compliant and willing would accommodate the Co.
So predictable....

Some language was chgd on outsourcing their wide body maint program that we retained work. And penalties will be assessed if violated, per contract. I’m sure the Co has some fine print in there/adds that shifted things their way.

At the end of the day, working on 6 yrs later, ups gets their way with a group thats on their way out, sweetheart deals galore, with lipstick applied on various key areas to entice a bite by rank and file and viola DONE. I’m sure the handshakes, laughs and slapping on backs have commenced.
(And checks in envelopes)

And, as usual....another sweetheart contract for an outfit that makes UNTOLD BILLIONS. With a mech/aircraft ratio & maint prog that every pax carrier out there would DIE FOR.

I will say.... this contract has opened the eyes of many a mech here...about the REAL IBT and std M/O. UPS will lose a lot of mechs in the next 1-5 yrs. for many it’s their last pony ride.
Wished it was mine. 6/7 more. I don’t envy those entering it. AT ALL.

Last edited:
So I am to assume the ranks will pass this one since there was some improvements?
At least that teamcare crap stayed out of it, and you guys were able to get a reduction on deductibles.
I can only hope and wish you guys do get the full retro. We are also wanting the same for all the time we have waited for the company to get thru their pay freeze to "take care of the investors".
Thanks for the update and further information.
Any word on the vote time frame?
Good luck to you all...

If!.....we get full retro(or damn close to it), I think it’ll pass.

Ballots to be received around Dec 27 and to be returned no later Jan 24.

Understand.
Your vote is finished the exact day we get back to the table again.
All will be quiet until 2019 for all of us.

Good Luck on this contract... You guys are setting the tone for everyone in the industry to follow..

Good Luck on this contract... You guys are setting the tone for everyone in the industry to follow..[/QUOTE

Ha!... thx, but every airline executive in the industry would be dancing in the streets if they had the outsourcing, work “rules”(or lack of), and utilization of their mechanics that ups does.
Trust me....