Us Airways Announces Management Appointments

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
US Airways Announces Management Appointments
Monday November 7, 8:00 am ET
Elise Eberwein Named Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications; Paul Morell Named Vice President, Safety and Regulatory Compliance

TEMPE, Ariz., Nov. 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways Group, Inc., (NYSE: LCC - News), today announced that Elise Eberwein has been named senior vice president, corporate communications. In this new position, Eberwein, 40, retains responsibility for the airline's media relations, employee communications and investor relations, and assumes new responsibilities for customer relations and cultural integration.

Yahoo Aviation News

Paul Morrell is a good choice.
Will listen and analyze a suggestion.
:rolleyes:

ANd it gets him out of the daily operations and decision-making, thank GOD.

His decision to send A320 crews to Central America with not much more training than a wink and a nod could have very well been disastrous. This decision was, without a doubt, the biggest compromise of safety in the quest for the almightly dollar that I have ever seen at this carrier. It's inconceivalbe that the FAA let this slip by, but traditionally, until someone dies, the FAA pretty much rubber-stamps any lame idea that an airline suggests.

ANd it gets him out of the daily operations and decision-making, thank GOD.

His decision to send A320 crews to Central America with not much more training than a wink and a nod could have very well been disastrous. This decision was, without a doubt, the biggest compromise of safety in the quest for the almightly dollar that I have ever seen at this carrier. It's inconceivalbe that the FAA let this slip by, but traditionally, until someone dies, the FAA pretty much rubber-stamps any lame idea that an airline suggests.
You hit the nail on the head. But his new title provides a path for him to slip into darkness where we'll only see his occasional blurbs. I believe the only reason we have not had an "event"(large or small) in Latin America/Caribbean operations is due to the experience of our crews. We went from good training to no training in that theater. It all goes to Morrell's priorities....politics. He "saved" the company money by reducing training costs and he now has his reward. He rolled the dice with our experience....

You two sound like you need your hands held to fly to San Salvador (or wherever)..........flying to Central America is no different than flying to St. Maarten. What more training would you need?

-fatburger-

You two sound like you need your hands held to fly to San Salvador (or wherever)..........flying to Central America is no different than flying to St. Maarten. What more training would you need?

-fatburger-
I'm sure you don't know. Stick with your sea level stuff, the axx you save may be your own.

I'm sure you don't know. Stick with your sea level stuff, the axx you save may be your own.

Now that's funny. Multiply your age by 6 or 7(assuming you are in your 50's) and that is a minimum the amount of times I've flown to Central and South America and that's before radar. You have it easy and quit making it seem harder than it is. I know, I did it before I flew the airbus for U and I do it now after. This time it's at FL450 and Mach .85. How you like them apples?

Jim Schear has an Admirals retirement, PBGC award, Social Security, and an Officer severance package to live on. He does not need to work and he owns a beautiful home in Annapolis and declined the opportunity to move to Tempe.

He loves the U.S. Naval Academy and the environment, thus, the desert did not appeal to him.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

US Airways Announces Management Appointments
Monday November 7, 8:00 am ET
Elise Eberwein Named Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications; Paul Morell Named Vice President, Safety and Regulatory Compliance

TEMPE, Ariz., Nov. 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways Group, Inc., (NYSE: LCC - News), today announced that Elise Eberwein has been named senior vice president, corporate communications. In this new position, Eberwein, 40, retains responsibility for the airline's media relations, employee communications and investor relations, and assumes new responsibilities for customer relations and cultural integration.

Yahoo Aviation News
As we transition to one airline, I am anticipating that my direct reporting organization will be:
Rick Oehme - VP, Maintenance
Gary Merrill - MD, Quality Assurance
Mark Rudo - MD, Engineering and Technical Support
Craig Harry - MD, Materials/Purchasing
Cheryl Newlands - MD, Technical Planning
On the East side, Tom McMullen has been named as Managing Director, Technical Operations responsible for the East certificate.

Reporting to Tom will be all of the Directors in his previous maintenance operations, plus:
Mark Rudo, Managing Director, Engineering and Technical Support. His present Directors will remain in place. In addition, Mark has been named as the person to lead the combination of all Engineering functions.
Andy Coghe, Managing Director, Airline Technical Support, will continue to oversee the East airframe outsource maintenance, aircraft sales and leasing, and powerplant. Andy will assume responsibility in the future for managing all of our Powerplant activities.
Joe Malloy continues as Director, MOC.
Reporting to Craig during the transition will be:
Gene Shackelford, Director, Warehousing and Distribution
Charles Hopkins, Director, Material Services will retire December 30th
Kevin Whitaker, Director, Technical Purchasing East, will assume the role of Director, Material Services at year-end
Tom Dietrick, Supply Chain Performance
George Clidienst, Director Technical Purchasing
Skip Maiorana, Director HMV West
Terry Radtke, Director Powerplant West
Mr 7 This Is What Really Matter's Thing That Affect US Airways MX & Engineering. Mr E.

Now that's funny. Multiply your age by 6 or 7(assuming you are in your 50's) and that is a minimum the amount of times I've flown to Central and South America and that's before radar. You have it easy and quit making it seem harder than it is. I know, I did it before I flew the airbus for U and I do it now after. This time it's at FL450 and Mach .85. How you like them apples?
I told you that thin air wasn't good for you.....

Back