US Airways, Bombardier Reach Accord on Jets in Bankruptcy Case

I was really hoping all those CRJ orders would be converted to Dash 8 Q400's.

Regards

LGA777

Since this is old news - "The settlement has received U.S. bankruptcy court approval and became effective Nov. 10, according to the filing" - that was covered here over a month ago, it doesn't seem that they're in any hurry to do anything with PSA.

If the DL merger goes thru, who knows - PSA could end up being part of the capacity reductions, but there's not much market for the CRJ-200's.

Jim

[Edit to add]

Just to correct the Bloomberg article, the agreement with Bombardier was signed on Nov 10. The motion to approve the agreement wasn't filed with the court till Dec 4 and the Judge issued the order approving the motion on Dec 14. So while the agreement was reached on Nov 10, it didn't become effective till Dec 14.

Jim:

There is no way the DAL merger is going to go through. The DAL pilots will absolutely prevent it. Even if the creditors like the plan there is no way the pilots will concede ANYTHING in their contract to allow it to happen.

And if some judge orders contract abrogation (which I don't think can happen at this late date) the pilots will stop flying the jets in very short order.

The DAL guys are not like the U pilot group. They don't like Parker, his offer, or his lies and they are not going to allow this to happen.

pilot

Jim:

There is no way the DAL merger is going to go through. The DAL pilots will absolutely prevent it. Even if the creditors like the plan there is no way the pilots will concede ANYTHING in their contract to allow it to happen.

And if some judge orders contract abrogation (which I don't think can happen at this late date) the pilots will stop flying the jets in very short order.

The DAL guys are not like the U pilot group. They don't like Parker, his offer, or his lies and they are not going to allow this to happen.

pilot

Thats why it (Delta) will be sold off in pieces.

Jim:

pilot

Aren't they the same group that PUT DL in BK with their exhorbitant demands? I hope their elderly CEO is right and they DO make it on their own. :(

I guess that does it for the crj-900's

So be it then, we don't want that kind of lift to be managed under the auspices of Houk and Keusher anyway. PSA needs to be managed by mainline with leaders that are competent and can staff the airline responsibly.

If they had stuck with our blended rate and mainline took over the operation, 95% of us would have voted YES to the deal.

Back