US Airways has no plans to put more money into the Flight Attendant Agreement

Change your have to HAD, and we can call it a day. Hopefully at some point you will be able to distinguish who you were, and who you currently are in terms of the airline.
I WAS a very good football player when I was in HS, but I don't factor that to my life at this point.

I don't think playing HS football is the same as playing 25 years of football. If you would have experienced that, you may have done something in the field of sports or coached. Bad analogy. Working in the industry was not a temporary sport.

I will always be a voice for labor, and you will always be quarterbacking, sitting in the stands,

Reactions: 1 person
It was more about not living in the past. So you did your 25, and you left, End of story.

Just because you care what happens to someone or a group doesn't mean you're living in the past.

You act like being a F/A requires a secret handshake for Chrissakes. Because I don't work at US or as an F/A it means I can't comment?

Who died and left you as the Head Mother F*&ker In Charge?

Reactions: 2 people
Wow, nice language bonehead. I guess you didn't take notice that she was in hiding for years, then comes out of the woodwork in an attempt to put the brakes on the merger. To those of us who can see thru her sham, its crystal clear she is trying to salvage the AFA dues income, as she knows the merger will put an end to the AFA at US. Is she collecting anything for her efforts? Does she just hate Parker that much?
I don't give a ratts arse who comments, ok potty mouth.
And I'm not an FA either. Have you bothered to read what some of her former coworkers are saying, Mr tough guy?

Wow, nice language bonehead. I guess you didn't take notice that she was in hiding for years, then comes out of the woodwork in an attempt to put the brakes on the merger. To those of us who can see thru her sham, its crystal clear she is trying to salvage the AFA dues income, as she knows the merger will put an end to the AFA at US. Is she collecting anything for her efforts? Does she just hate Parker that much?
I don't give a ratts arse who comments, ok potty mouth.
And I'm not an FA either. Have you bothered to read what some of her former coworkers are saying, Mr tough guy?

Yes I have and in any organization you'll have differering points of view. As to her alledged "Hiding" I beg to differ as I knew where she was straight away. I don't know what if any her current agenda is or will be. However the Teddy I know was pretty damn selfless until she was set up by Xxxxx Xxxx & Jerry Glass. In that instance she took the high road and bowed out. I know way more then I'm sharing here and if you had half the Leadership you have now, this thread wouldn't be here.

I won't dispute her actions when she was with the company during those times. However, she opted to leave the company and her followers behind. Just because you are removed from your position of union leadership, doesn't mean that you can't go back to the line with the rank and file employees. I will admit that most don't go that route because they have put themselves in an unfavorable position with their group, and I believe that's what happened in this case. I have a difficult time understanding how people outside of the company feel they know what's best for those currently employed here. Let's face it, if US goes belly up next year, what does "The Bull" have to lose? Nada, Zip, Zero, Nothing at all. I'm sure that you have read posts by several in her former group that are in favor of this merger, as they have a vested interest in their future.

I won't dispute her actions when she was with the company during those times. However, she opted to leave the company and her followers behind. Just because you are removed from your position of union leadership, doesn't mean that you can't go back to the line with the rank and file employees. I will admit that most don't go that route because they have put themselves in an unfavorable position with their group, and I believe that's what happened in this case. I have a difficult time understanding how people outside of the company feel they know what's best for those currently employed here. Let's face it, if US goes belly up next year, what does "The Bull" have to lose? Nada, Zip, Zero, Nothing at all. I'm sure that you have read posts by several in her former group that are in favor of this merger, as they have a vested interest in their future.

I don't know what's best. I have counseled here that people should act in their own best interest. I spoke to a friend who is a US F/A last night and boyo did I get a 2 hour earful about how the contract offer sucks. I also heard some highly disturbing news regarding someone within AFA in a leadership position who bluntly put needs to not be a Flight Attendent.

I taught sales and leadership skills and Teddy has Leadership skills. I've also heard that many who did vote yes did so under the notion that it "Would help the merger with AA". The back stabbing and infighting has doomed the US F/A's to a substardard contract. Teddy in some ways is the groups last best hope. Why she care or why I give a rat's arse is beyond me. I guess for me is the caring comes from enlightened self interest in that I want a pleasant experience when I fly. Happy well paid F/A's are an integeral part of that experience.

I don't know what's best. I have counseled here that people should act in their own best interest. I spoke to a friend who is a US F/A last night and boyo did I get a 2 hour earful about how the contract offer sucks. I also heard some highly disturbing news regarding someone within AFA in a leadership position who bluntly put needs to not be a Flight Attendent.

So you're basing the information about the contract, and the 'highly disturbing' news about this AFA leader on the information from *one* flight attendant?

So you're basing the information about the contract, and the 'highly disturbing' news about this AFA leader on the information from *one* flight attendant?

Someone who has been active in Union politics and was an eyewitness to certain events. This person is highly credible and started with one of the merger partners in the 1970's. She flies the line and I respect her immensely. Maybe more so then Ms Xidas.

Someone who has been active in Union politics and was an eyewitness to certain events. This person is highly credible and started with one of the merger partners in the 1970's. She flies the line and I respect her immensely. Maybe more so then Ms Xidas.

One person does not speak for 6,000. It was voted down by ONLY approx. 94 votes . Did you read the T/A? I voted yes and would do it again, not only for me but for my brothers and sisters on the west. Almost a 7.00 Per HOUR raise for those topped out( and that is most of us) is nothing to sneeze at. However your source is spot on with Afa . CLT Lecp has had most of her office resign . That's only the tip of the iceberg!!!!! Now we will be recessed and will not be Able to strike. The NMB was more than clear on that , so here we sit under a BK contract. This failed TA would have cost this company 40 mil. Per year , that is fact. The company loved the fact that this got voted down. This took money away from many, NOT Teddy nor you. Both of you are free to post what you like, however we live it every day not you.

Reactions: 4 people
I voted Yes both times. teddy and people like sparrow (he is not an employee!) took money away with their jargon and empty rhetoric

To those of us who can see thru her sham, its crystal clear she is trying to salvage the AFA dues income, as she knows the merger will put an end to the AFA at US. Is she collecting anything for her efforts?
Try loosening that tin foil hat - she's one of the biggest critics of upper AFA leadership.

However, she opted to leave the company and her followers behind.
She left when the base closed.

Here's something to ponder. What if it was PHL that was dehubbed instead of PIT. Reasons for why this didn't happen aside, what would the state of the contact be?

When the base closed? With 25 years I'm sure there were other options available. I think that there was more to it than that. So she is doing this for the good of the membership? The good of AA's people. Not sure where you are going with the PIT vs PHL issue, and its relevance to this topic.

Try loosening that tin foil hat - she's one of the biggest critics of upper AFA leadership.

She left when the base closed.

Here's something to ponder. What if it was PHL that was dehubbed instead of PIT. Reasons for why this didn't happen aside, what would the state of the contact be?

She left way before the base closed , I know I was in pit til the lights went out.