US Airways wants A321 Neo

Is not the NEO dependent on a new sophisitcated reduction geared engine yet to be designed?

I think they - there are two possible engines I think - are in testing but haven't been certified yet. I believe Bombardier is planning on using a version of one of them (the Pratt I think) on it's new C-series.

Jim

I think they - there are two possible engines I think - are in testing but haven't been certified yet. I believe Bombardier is planning on using a version of one of them (the Pratt I think) on it's new C-series.

Jim

You are correct: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iBREoFTEiifzn1SKi-mu2f7kIJ6A?docId=CNG.b011a50687eb5cd132fc94e8da2ca838.141

You are correct: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iBREoFTEiifzn1SKi-mu2f7kIJ6A?docId=CNG.b011a50687eb5cd132fc94e8da2ca838.141

If they want to do that mission they better put a new wing on it.

From a pilot perspective you guys/gals may fight about airbus vs. boeing but as a f/a the new aircraft are plastic on plastic whether it's either one. Have you been on a new 737NG? They are plastic from ceiling to floor which is no different than airbus. NOTHING is made like it use to be.

They are plastic from ceiling to floor which is no different than airbus. NOTHING is made like it use to be.

That was true long before there was an Airbus - outside of structure and seats it's all about weight (cutting it as much as possible).

Jim

From a pilot perspective you guys/gals may fight about airbus vs. boeing but as a f/a the new aircraft are plastic on plastic whether it's either one. Have you been on a new 737NG? They are plastic from ceiling to floor which is no different than airbus. NOTHING is made like it use to be.

It's not an Airbus vs. Boeing thing for me. I've flown the 320 series for almost 9 years and enjoy it. It's just that the 321 is stretched to it limit now, and without a new wing I don't think it would have the altitude capability. As autofixer said, we would be cruising low. The current A321 lack of altitude capability now makes for some lousy rides on the trans-cons. More wing and engines could fix that, but a new wing is a pretty big deal.

Reactions: 1 person
You aint just whistling Dixie..... And perhaps atttach it to a real aircraft.

:rolleyes: You know until about a year after I started flying the Airbus, the 767 was my all time favorite aircraft. I wonder if I would like it as much now. The A320 isn't as much fun to fly, but it is a really good "office". Relatively quiet, cool, comfortable and dependable. If I ever have an event like the Qantas A380 had, I'll get back to you. I have no desire to ever fly a 737 again, unless it's "around the patch".

Now now, you know that Boeing only built one of that model. Since the public didn't like it Boeing produced no more. :D

Jim