US FAs push back against TSA pat downs

I have to say I am with the FAs and Piltos on this one. Crews should be excluded from extra screening. The normal screening should sufuce.

Crews should be excluded from extra screening. The normal screening should sufuce.

There is no such thing as "normal" and "extra" screening; everyone is subject to the new procedures.

From a TSA screener:

Here's the dealeo, if you alarm the WTMD for whatever reason, hip or knee replacement ie, and you are unable to divest enuff metal to clear with any further passes, you are now a recipient for a Standard Pat Down.

We will pat down every inch of your bod and when we get to your mid section we will sliiiide a hand up your inner thigh til we "meet resistance" Exact wording.

Then, we swab our gloved hands and if they alarm, you then receive an "Alarm Resolution pat-down".

This is done by a Lead or a Sup. and is always done in a private screening area.
The only difference with this one is that when he/she gets to your "groin" area he/she is now going to turn his/her lil hands around and pass them over your "groin" area with the front of his/her hands 6 times. 3 across & 3 going down and then swab his/her hands again.

If they alarm again, well it gets a little gray after that.

Had this happen to one of my F/A's this weekend. Flight was delayed 3 hours and we needed to replace the F/A. Poor girl was in no condition to work.
When I go through this procedure myself, I need to remember to turn my head and cough at the appropriate moment.

Had this happen to one of my F/A's this weekend. Flight was delayed 3 hours and we needed to replace the F/A. Poor girl was in no condition to work.
When I go through this procedure myself, I need to remember to turn my head and cough at the appropriate moment.

Was that 1550?

hmmm nude o scope or bad touch ?

i'm gonna have to go with bad touch in order to skip the X rays ...

I have to say I am with the FAs and Piltos on this one. Crews should be excluded from extra screening. The normal screening should sufuce.

WHY?

1. Just because someone is in a uniform doesn't make them an airline employee anymore than you standing in a garage makes you a car.
2. You don't promote American Ideals when you engage in Un-American policies & procedures. Patting down or searching an individual without probable cause is un-american
3. The price of freedom is risk.
4. Secure Flight is yet another example of "Security Theater" with hundreds of millions spent that will yield little results

But this is how it is now in the Peoples Republic of Barackistan. Welcome and please remove your civil liberties as you pass through the screening area.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Reactions: 1 person
But this is how it is now in the Peoples Republic of Barackistan. Welcome and please remove your civil liberties as you pass through the screening area.

While I agree with most of your post, be advised that the goon squad called the TSA is a product of the Bush administration, and has consistently since its inception moved ever onward toward more and more intrusive, arrogant, ignorant, and useless abuses of the traveling public. Don't blame Obama. It's just the TSA marching on.

Reactions: 2 people
While I agree with most of your post, be advised that the goon squad called the TSA is a product of the Bush administration, and has consistently since its inception moved ever onward toward more and more intrusive, arrogant, ignorant, and useless abuses of the traveling public. Don't blame Obama. It's just the TSA marching on.

Now you won't hear that on FOX NEWS.

Now you won't hear that on FOX NEWS.

Obama if he disagreed with Bush had both the mandate of change and the votes to dismantle the apparatus of TSA tyranny, However as supreme President of the People Republic he chose not to. So the blame falls squarely at his feet.

I'm quite please that the Unions are taking the lead. Further proving the fraud that is Barack Obama, while taking a stand for freedom and liberty

While I agree with most of your post, be advised that the goon squad called the TSA is a product of the Bush administration, and has consistently since its inception moved ever onward toward more and more intrusive, arrogant, ignorant, and useless abuses of the traveling public. Don't blame Obama. It's just the TSA

Has the TSA gotten better or worse under Obama?

Obama is every bit a puppet of the Central Bankers and Fortune 100 as Bush.

Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

It's much worse than than the Main Stream Media is reporting.

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-gives-rapists-and-illegals-the-green-light-while-groping-children/

The TSA is an exercise in bipartisan FAIL, so lets try to stick to the subject at hand. :angry:

Unions taking the lead against the TSA? People like Pat Friend have been touting CrewPASS without mentioning that the costs will be borne by the individual airlines, not the TSA. Also, why is the US AFA MEC president telling the membership to go through the Nude-O-Scopes?

Helpful Tips

Use the AIT when directed to do so by a Transportation Security Officer (TSO)

As an aside, I've heard from the ExpressJet pilot that pushed back against the TSA Nude-O-Scopes and gropes that two other pilots have followed his lead, including a US Airbus driver.

Sorry if I'm sounding like I want to sing kumbaya (sp.)?. In my perspective, I believe that east, west, all employees, all passengers can agree on one thing regarding the TSA. THE EMPORER HAS NO.., well you know the rest. I am speaking as a crewmember that is constantly exposed to higher than standard radiation by the simple act of flying repetitively. I have zero interest in being exposed to an as of yet undefined exposure to epidurally intense radiation. When one looks at the statistics regarding melanoma in pilots, it should be self explanatory.
Evidently, to show the "fairness" of "random" screening to the masses, we,(flight crews), are just as susceptible to screening as they are. FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG. I challenge anyone here to dispute this. There are systems in place that allow verification of the validity of a crew member being an actual crew member. That is all I will say about that, as it is a sensitive security situation. The TSA drags their feet because they can. They are now a sole power unto themselves, much like the McCarthy tribune. 'If you question them you must be an unpatriotic rabble rouser'. I am none of the above.
If we are "randomly" selected for the Advanced Imaging Technology screening, we may opt to not submit, BUT, it is now assumed that you are the "underwear bomber" and your shlong will be diligently inspected.
I, for one, will take a stand when this transpires. This is just too upsetting to me, to allow me to be able to fly with a clear mind. Will You take a stand, or will you allow your freedoms to be further eroded?

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts