US Military arresting civilians

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Seatacus, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Seatacus

Seatacus Veteran

Is this the role of our military? Is this truly happening? I don't think this is what our military should be doing.

our military?

2. Garfield1966

Garfield1966 Veteran

I want to see confirmation on that. My understanding is US Mil cannot make arrests on US soil. I looked at NPR and CSMonitor which have noting on the story. If the story is true, someone will have some explaining to do.

3. Seatacus

Seatacus Veteran

I agree, but they do look like military people.

4. Gilding the Lily

The Pitt News has more pics of these guys in the same uniform, many with clear "Police" emblems.

5. freedom

freedom Veteran

lol thanks for the chuckle ! i always enjoy watching hippie protestors arrested and hauled off the jail ... its just like that " don't tase me bro " idiot ... :lol:

6. 777 fixer

777 fixer Veteran

How do you know they are US military? Just because someone is wearing cammies does not mean they are in the military.

If you ask me it looks like staged street theater. Any bozo can go into an Army/Navy surplus store or order a set online. Looks kind of odd that one guy is in woodland camo and the others are in desert. The USMC and US Army don't even use woodland anymore. Only the USAF and some units of the US Navy.

7. Ed Norton

Ed Norton Veteran

OUR MILITARY? Yeah right! The U.S. military ceased to be "our military" long ago.
    The U.S. military is the enforcing arm of the international banking and corporate interests that also own congress and the president. :down:
    These goons on the video were most likely rescuing one of their own.
    It wouldn't be the first time the police tried to provoke a riot:
    SPP protest Montebello, Quebec 2007
    Police Agents Provocateur
    [​IMG]

Notice how riot police and FAKE protesters wear the same kind of boots! :lol:

Fake police protesters

8. freedom

freedom Veteran

People like you should enlist.

9. Ed Norton

Ed Norton Veteran

Been there, done that. No thanks. I'm now a PFC!: Private F@$%#ng Civilian!
    Just who's "Freedom," or what kind of "freedom" do you espouse?
    Freedom of the corporate empire to pillage and plunder the wealth of this nation? Not to mention the thord world? :eek:

10. delldude

delldude Veteran

There were many out of state police agencies in Pittsburgh on loan and they were deputized IAW the state laws. They were issued riot gear as you saw with no particular designation.

There also was homeland security and US military on scene.....

Article

Article

[​IMG]

11. delldude

delldude Veteran

Kid in red scarf at end of other video....

This is Baum Blvd and Liberty Avenue areas of Pittsburgh.....as for the camo....I'd bet there wasn't enough riot gear to go around.

The White Blazer's with the blue stripe are from the Pittsburgh Housing Police. There were 1200 Pa State Troopers there and all kinds locals.

It wasn't staged either...those clowns busted out windows at that scene......

12. 777 fixer

777 fixer Veteran

The video you posted a link to does not show anyone in cammies, just police in riot gear. Hardly evidence of the US military snatching people off the streets. Back to the OP, I think the mistake seatacus made was too assume that anyone in camouflage is automatically in the military.

13. 777 fixer

777 fixer Veteran

Were there any US military units actually on scene? Both the articles you linked to are dated Sept 2008.

14. 777 fixer

777 fixer Veteran

Well then I guess at one time you were nothing more than a drone used to enforce "the international banking and corporate interests that also own congress and the president."

15. Ed Norton

Ed Norton Veteran

Wow, a breakthrough. I think you finally getting it! :up:

By the way , I'm not alone in my opinion:

I Was a "Racketeer"

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent 33 years and 4 months In active service as a member of our country's most agile military force -- the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from a second lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism.
    Smedly D. Butler, two time Medal of Honor redipient.
    [​IMG] :up: