US New Seatback IFE System & Internet

TravelDude

Advanced
Nov 21, 2003
And Tempe-based US Airways said the new seatback in-flight Internet and entertainment system it is considering will have a built-in electronic payment system and that it would likely add a companion handheld system for passengers to pay for other items, such as food and cocktails, with plastic.

"It's a real helpful thing for a lot of reasons," said Travis Christ, the airline's vice president of sales and marketing.

Source:
http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles...shless0503.html

Sorry, have not been following this issue, so I am clueless. What is the new IFE system: How many channels? Video on Demand? Music on Demand? Live TV? Did the article really say internet...wifi?

Also, has it started to rollout or what is the rollout plan?

And Tempe-based US Airways said the new seatback in-flight Internet and entertainment system it is considering...

the operative word here is: "considering".
these idiots consider a lot, and do nothing.
i doubt this will ever actually materialize. much like the recently (and strategically) announced ammenity "enhancements".
anyway, with profitability being compromised, team greed will need to spend their time "considering" how to justify their forthcoming enormous bonuses...

Ha fair point, need to keep showing a profit, even thou in my personal opinion a few quarters of losses would be worth it if they took the money that otherwise would have shown as a profit and invested in some serious competive product offerings.

I know they say customers purchase based on price when it comes down to it, but hey at some point doesn't US need a product besides just a seat to compete.

mgmt should be fired immediately they are trying to improve the product. If they actually put in an IFE on the domestic fleet this will tick of the employees by making it a better airline. Those fools in tempe. Let their heads roll. They will need something else to complain about. Actually I think a bk filing should be considered instead.

mgmt should be fired immediately they are trying to improve the product. If they actually put in an IFE on the domestic fleet this will tick of the employees by making it a better airline. Those fools in tempe. Let their heads roll. They will need something else to complain about. Actually I think a bk filing should be considered instead.
your sarcasm is as poorly executed as your grammar.
nice try, though...

Back