US Pilots Labor Discussion 6/2- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
OK,

Time for a new thread--please continue to be respectful of each other and refrain from personal remarks.

Remember the rules-they are posted at the top of EVERY forum, and will be enforced.

Thank you.

what does it take to get this rolling again???We know you need it

How about 48 hours of silence?

The death of of a well respected fellow pilot makes all the other nonsense rather inconsequential after all doesn't it?

Mike Cleary is old news.

Something a little more interesting. The waste of money MDA suit is dead.

The plaintiffs (MDA) were ordered to file on the defendants (ALPA) opposition papers by June 2, 2010. Today is June 3, 2010 but no papers filed. I guess they decided to drop the suit or could not afford to file. Either way they missed the deadline.

So much for the dream of $175,000,000.00. Because we know this suit was not going to change the Nicolau award.

I will be fun to watch the scramble for the next straw to grab to avoid the Nicolau and a contract.

Reactions: 2 people
I will be fun to watch the scramble for the next straw to grab to avoid the Nicolau and a contract.

That's getting old too. God knows what it'll be, but rest assured, another straw grabber is teed up and ready for the next humiliation.

Mike Cleary is old news.

The plaintiffs (MDA) were ordered to file on the defendants (ALPA) opposition papers by June 2, 2010. Today is June 3, 2010 but no papers filed. I guess they decided to drop the suit or could not afford to file. Either way they missed the deadline.

So much for the dream of $175,000,000.00. Because we know this suit was not going to change the Nicolau award.

CD,

I'm gonna think positive about this and believe that the exMDA guys in this case have found a modicum of common sense and realized that this was a waste of money and time. The Arbitrator already heard all the MDA arguments and made his decision with all this "new" information that they think the Arbitrator didn't have. Ask Portale he was there (AAA merger com) and can tell you. The Arbitrator heard it all and still placed the MDA guys where he did. They were FURLOUGHED from the Mainline and no one has ever proved otherwise. Their placement on the Nic list was the same as it was on their own AAA list..............below all active pilots.

Glad to see they came to their senses

Flip

This may have been asked and answered earlier but I didn't see it.

What happens to Nic if US Airways is merged with AA? I know what happened with TWA, but what's the deal in this case.

Are you sure you know what happened with TWA? Or, are you just assuming that what happened with the flight attendants also happened with the pilots?

As the revered Mark Twain observed, "It ain't the things we know that get us in trouble. It's the things we know that ain't so." :lol:

Wow! So let me get this straight... The MDA suit is dead? Wait. What about all the pontifications from our east friends? Ya know the big changes this was going to bring? Black Swan? Boeing? Bus? Anyone? You guys care to respond to this?

This may have been asked and answered earlier but I didn't see it.

What happens to Nic if US Airways is merged with AA? I know what happened with TWA, but what's the deal in this case.

It depends. If the merger were to occur prior to the 9th ruling than USAPA could try and get Judge Wake to lift the injunction, but there is less than a snowballs chance in Phoenix of that happening. If the 9th has ruled than it would follow the Nic list if the Addington plaintiffs prevail or USAPA DOH/LOS if the injunction is rendered moot by the 9th. Remember also that the 9th can rule and yet not resolve the actual case if they want part or all of the proceedings to be re-done with instructions to Judge Wake on what they decide is the proper way of proceeding.

Once the US Airways portion of the list is finalized I would imagine that the AA list and the US Airways list would somehow be integrated. By and large the AA folks have different unions than the US Airways folks, so it would probably be a huge mess.

Mike Cleary is old news.

Something that is CLEAR and DIRECT is the 9th's Mature and different opinion that you will see lets say in about an hour! That was one expensive MEMO!

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.