US Pilots Labor Discussion 6/2- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? That's great. My wife as well. And her co-workers, many of whom are lawyers AND part of her union seem to understand the uniqueness of our profession. They all seem to agree that the East is out to lunch with DOH dreams in this particular case and their desires to avoid binding arbitration. What's your point?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I'm certain the people you talk to are not getting the whole truth, just the selective parts from USAPA's propaganda material.

In my case I don't even have to do much explaining at all. People I talk to from all walks of life who know the WHOLE truth just understand that DOH is not a universal "gold standard" in our profession and each integration turns on it's own facts and circumstances.

But honestly, put your money where your mouth is. Pass that DOH contract and see where it gets you. Then we can talk for another 100 pages about what unfolds next.
So you think putting a 26 year old new hire ahead of a 50 year old with 17 years service is fair? Thats OK with you?

luvn...

I think that is an excellent idea! Why don't you contact your Rep and volunteer to get involved!
I am sure Generalissimo Cleary will be canvassing the pilots in the PHX crewroom, as any good union leader would. :p

The paper was filed it did happen.

Unlike the MDA case nothing has been filed since 3/24/10. We are well past the deadline.

Of course it was filed!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the only chance Marty Harper has of getting paid!!!! He was banking on winning the appeal and then having USAPA pay his fees! This is his last desperate attempt to get paid. If he loses this, what are the chances he will ever collect the $1,000,000 + that is owed to his law firm???

Reactions: 1 person
So you think putting a 26 year old new hire ahead of a 50 year old with 17 years service is fair? Thats OK with you?
George Nicolau thought it was fair. And in the end his is the only opinion that matters.

What posiition did that 50 year old 17 year pilot hold? Furlough or jr reserve a hand full of numbers from furlough? What position did that 26 year old new hire hold. The same

What position did that 50 year old hold 17 years ago? The exact same position that he held as a new hire.

This is where I think the east is the most enraged. this arbitration forced the east to look at your career and after 17 years you were in the exact same place just 17 years older and more bitter. Nicolau saw this and decided that the west was not going to pay for your poor career choice. So enjoy your new hire status you just get paid better because of longevity.

If the east does manage to get DOH it will not last long. Only until the next contract where we will correct it. Man that would hurt.

If that 50 year old was a junior 737 or A320 first officer, and the 26 year old was a senior 737 or A320 first officer, then Yes. I think that is fair. I'm OK with that. Each pilot stays where they were the day before the merger. Age has nothing to do with it.

If you want to give the 50 Year old guy an opportunity to bid up faster due to attrition that's OK too. But that's a separate issue.

If you want to pay him based on longevity that's OK too. But that's a separate issue.

Chances are the 50 year old, 17 year guys was not going to see the left seat for a long time, if ever, absent the merger.

Renegotiate grievance settlement/arbitration like IAM did with heavy maintenance and attendance and 401k
It wasnt renegoiated it was abrogated, not until the current CBA which brought more work back inhouse, nothing was agreed to in Chapter 11, I know I was on the Negotiating Committee

Why is it that when you guys start losing an argument you go to the it’s unfair argument and throw out the most extreme example? I know because you have no argument.

Take a look at the bottom 15 of each active list. Yes there is one west pilot that got hired at 26 years old. Now you want to penalize him for working hard and getting hired. Now look at the bottom 15 of the east list there are two pilot that were hired at age 26. Should they also be penalized for getting hired young?

Why don’t you ever point to the west pilot in that group that was 47 when he got hired. What career does he have left?

Average age of the bottom 15. West 34. East 49. But when they were hired the average age of that class was 32. So your new hires will have two more years to work then a west pilot.

Average age of east pilots 53. Average age of west pilots. 48. Stop the whining about how unfair life is. You got hired at an airline made your choice to stay. If after 17 years you were in the exact same spot you should have done something about it. Take responsibility for your choices.

Keep dreaming, but it ain't gonna happen.

Oh, I would not be so sure. First ask yourself, how often are DFR suits actually successful and why did AOL win?

Then ask yourself, how long does it take to be denied, and does the injunction stand while we are waiting to see?

Then ask yourself, does the SCOTUS actually have only 3 democrat appointees right now?

Then ask yourself, does Nic4us have an uncle Kit? or an aunt Claire?

Then ask yourself, what does binding arbitration mean?

Then ask yourself, is Seeham really as short as he looks in pictures?

Well, the last is irrelevant but had to throw it in there.

Of course it was filed!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the only chance Marty Harper has of getting paid!!!! He was banking on winning the appeal and then having USAPA pay his fees! This is his last desperate attempt to get paid. If he loses this, what are the chances he will ever collect the $1,000,000 + that is owed to his law firm???
What are you guys so concerned about our finances for? It is our bill and we will pay it. How could you possibly know how much we do or do not owe the lawyers?

If this en banc is successful we go back to judge Wake and collect from usapa. If not we wait for usapa to do what we know they will. Go back to court and collect from usapa.

The only thing that the ninth said was not yet. Usapa still has a duty to represent the west fairly. Since east pilots and usapa don’t know what fair is this will be an easy case to win.

If not we wait until the next round of contract talks and fix the seniority list the way the west sees as fair. It is a short wait and we have time. Leave the junior guys to us we will show them the same courtesy they have shown us for 5 years.

Had Kirby on my plane this last trip. Said He is not worried in the least bit over Loa93 arbitration. Because if usapa wins it is only a "pay proposal" just like the Nic.
:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts