USAIR (CWA) agents in Admirals Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Just visited MIA D30 and LAX clubs and they now have USAIR agents to provide flight assistance to US passengers. Naturally at LAXall US flights are in T3 so the agents aren't busy and can't assist AA pax. US agent was promoting CWA to unorganized sAA agents while on duty and in the presence of passengers, rather unprofessional. What other locations have US agents?

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
... only the mods are to start labor threads!
say what?

so what is the excuse for the threads you start pushing the IAM? or are we to believe that isn't really labor?

700UW said:
It's legal, get use to it, and you do know only the mods are to start labor threads!

Actually I don't.  You keep saying this but it has never been communicated to me by the mods nor have I seen it in writing on this forum.  This relates to the Admirals Club and the presence of USAIR agents, which is fairly recent.  Does the CWA CBA allow non-covered unorganized AA agents to work side by side them at US club locations?  

Josh

The mods only on labor rule applies in the US Airways forum.

I think it's unprofessional to be doing union recruiting in the club, galley, or just about anywhere else within earshot of a customer.

Save it for the breakroom...

Reactions: 6 people
737823 said:

Actually I don't.  You keep saying this but it has never been communicated to me by the mods nor have I seen it in writing on this forum.  

That may be 'cause you haven't been on here long enough. It used to be posted quite often. That's how/why the omnibus (US) pilot & fleet threads came to be...

737823 said:
Just visited MIA D30 and LAX clubs and they now have USAIR agents to provide flight assistance to US passengers. Naturally at LAXall US flights are in T3 so the agents aren't busy and can't assist AA pax. US agent was promoting CWA to unorganized sAA agents while on duty and in the presence of passengers, rather unprofessional. What other locations have US agents?

Josh

Excellent - the US staff is ruining your experience - glad to hear it - the service I get in US clubs is great - try the DL or UA clubs so you don't have to suffer

I do agree pushing for unionization is wrong - break room is the right place to do it

jcw said:

Excellent - the US staff is ruining your experience - glad to hear it - the service I get in US clubs is great - try the DL or UA clubs so you don't have to suffer

The US staff in BOS are terrible...the AA agents know me by name and are always very nice.  US agents are just downright grouchy.  They seem nicer in DCA for whatever reason but the whole BOS club is depressing.  Feels like a dark, old run down senior living facility.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
737823 said:
The US staff in BOS are terrible...the AA agents know me by name and are always very nice.  US agents are just downright grouchy.  They seem nicer in DCA for whatever reason but the whole BOS club is depressing.  Feels like a dark, old run down senior living facility.

Josh
Pleae stop using all US services you have such an axe to grind any comment you make can no longer be believed. You should another airline immediately.

Reactions: 4 people
737823 said:
What other locations have US agents?

Josh
“IT”(Josh) seems like a person that would bait an agent into a conversation and then use it against them. Seen this type before

Reactions: 4 people
john john said:
“IT”(Josh) seems like a person that would bait an agent into a conversation and then use it against them. Seen this type before
Hardly. But wouldn't the almighty CWA protect from any discipline? I know the AA MIA managers, they are nice to me maybe I should say something. Seems like a pretty cushy gig to get to sit and not be bothered by 98% of the passengers using the lounge. Does tie CWA CBA allow non covered unorganized sAA agents to attend USAIR lounges? I may fly out of Bradley in a few weeks and see.

Josh

737823 said:
Hardly. But wouldn't the almighty CWA protect from any discipline? I know the AA MIA managers, they are nice to me maybe I should say something. Seems like a pretty cushy gig to get to sit and not be bothered by 98% of the passengers using the lounge. Does tie CWA CBA allow non covered unorganized sAA agents to attend USAIR lounges? I may fly out of Bradley in a few weeks and see.

Josh
Sticking your nose where it doesnt belong again.

Agreed.

...And at first it was nice to at least see this:

But then it was immediately followed with this:

I know the AA MIA managers, they are nice to me maybe I should say something.
Guess we have our answer... 

Status
Not open for further replies.