USair looks like labor not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke787

Veteran
Feb 6, 2008
ord
US Airways flight attendants reject tentative deal

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-airways-flight-attendants-reject-211516271.html

from USair forum - listen to the east/west talk, how would there be labor peace with AA

whizbang, on 30 March 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:
It should have only been 3 years not 5 with a company with such a poor negotiating track record. I would have also wanted 3% raises at the end until another one was negotiated. The language that left things to schedulings descretion needed to be eliminated. I am still not a fan of PBS and this could also go. Considering what separating from the pilots was going to save them, they didnt give any to me. Regardless of what the union says I would rather be covered by pilot rest regs which are FARS than by something the union negotiates that can be violated at will. Parity for the west should have been the cost of doing business not something that was paid for by the East. Profit sharing was given to the west as a good will gesture by our union. It would have never happened if we got to vote on it. Not because the west doesnt deserve it, they do but because what good will has management shown either side in the past 7 years. The west does have some good things in their contract like STD, better vacation, trip cancellation pay, and they were giving these up for money. It was cost neutral at best. I hate the fact that our west f/a's are so underpaid, but this is Doug and Co. not me. He should be embarrassed that they have a food bank. I am not on reserve so I dont know much about the system, but I do know the people on reserve were not impressed with what was offered. These are only a few reasons, Im sure other people will chime in with more. Im sure if they want to merge with AMR they will get a grip and sweeten the pot.

Interesting -- US sent out a "congratulations for passing the TA" tweet earlier today and had to retract it... oops.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.