USAirways 1549/ "SULLY"

N924PS

Veteran
May 9, 2004
With the upcoming release of the upcoming feature film "SULLY", it might be worthwhile to read the official NTSB accident report regarding the event.

It reminds us what an extraordinary event it was. Consider how many things had to fall into place, starting with Sully's superior judgment and airmanship, through the exemplary performance of Jeff Skiles, the Flight Attendants and the first responders, to make the "Miracle On the Hudson" happen.

http://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/AccidentReports/Reports/AAR1003.pdf

Reactions: 6 people
N924PS said:
With the upcoming release of the upcoming feature film "SULLY", it might be worthwhile to read the official NTSB accident report regarding the event.

It reminds us what an extraordinary event it was. Consider how many things had to fall into place, starting with Sully's superior judgment and airmanship, through the exemplary performance of Jeff Skiles, the Flight Attendants and the first responders, to make the "Miracle On the Hudson" happen.

http://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/AccidentReports/Reports/AAR1003.pdf

Your Westie buddies have an alternate theory.  TOGA would have magically saved the day.

Reactions: 7 people
dariencc said:
Your Westie buddies have an alternate theory.  TOGA would have magically saved the day.
After reading the NTSB report and seeing the pictures of the engines on the NTSB accident docket, I think that theory is flawed.

The trailers seem to show that Mr. Eastwood, Mr.Hanks, and Sully himself did a fantastic job of making a technically accurate film that was true to the actual event. I thinks it's going to be one helluva movie.

On another note, I did have the pleasure and privilege of flying with Jeff Skiles shortly before he went on LOA to work for the EAA. A consummate professional to be sure, and he was kind enough to recount some of his experiences during and after the accident.

Looking forward to seeing the movie.

Reactions: 9 people
N924PS said:
On another note, I did have the pleasure and privilege of flying with Jeff Skiles shortly before he went on LOA to work for the EAA. A consummate professional to be sure, and he was kind enough to recount some of his experiences during and after the accident.

Hundreds of us know Skiles.  How typical that you would throw that out in a pitiful attempt to impress.  Kind of like your ridiculous mention of having attended the Miramar Happy Hour as a guest.  So what?

A jackass to the end.

Reactions: 7 people
dariencc said:
Hundreds of us know Skiles.  How typical that you would throw that out in a pitiful attempt to impress.  Kind of like your ridiculous mention of having attended the Miramar Happy Hour as a guest.  So what?

A jackass to the end.
No Strat, You are the jackass.

I try to offer a compliment to a fine airman and true gentleman and you turn it against me for some convoluted reason.

Pathetic.

Reactions: 10 people
N924PS said:
No Strat, You are the jackass.

I try to offer a compliment to a fine airman and true gentleman and you turn it against me for some convoluted reason.

Pathetic.

First of all that's not Strat and secondly, you only post this stuff to try and repair the selfish backstabbing legacy you created for yourself.  Everyone here knows who you are and how it was all about you and your preference to throw your F/O's under the bus, including Skiles. That's pathetic!

Skier

Reactions: 11 people
flyingskier said:
First of all that's not Strat and secondly, you only post this stuff to try and repair the selfish backstabbing legacy you created for yourself.  Everyone here knows who you are and how it was all about you and your preference to throw your F/O's under the bus, including Skiles. That's pathetic!

Skier

Bingo.........spot on!

Reactions: 6 people
it was a fine example of airmanship what Sully and Skiles did and to save all 155 lives on board that cold January day    From the previews of the movie Ive seen  it sure looks to be a dam good movie  given Tom Hanks as Sully and Aaron Hector as Skiles  

Reactions: 5 people
west pilots continue to maintain inane theories that TOGA magically restores damaged CFM 56 engines......
Their Sully rage will be intense in the next few days.

Civ/Mil: Civilian
A/C Flown: Jetz and props
Ratings: ATP, MEI, FE B-727, B-737 type
Curr Position: Flying for the aquiring airline
Total Time: 11,000

Sully, welcome to Phoenix
Open letter to Doug Parker.

September 28, 2009
Mr. Douglas Parker
CEO & Chairman of the Board
US Airways, Inc.
111 W. Rio Salado Parkway
Tempe, Arizona 85281

VIA EMAIL

Dear Doug:

I'm writing to express my complete and utter disappointment with
today's announcement that Captain Sullenberger will be appointed to a
management position within the company. In fact, as a result of Capt.
Sullenberger's decision to use his new found fame as a weapon against
1800 former America West pilots in a recent federal court case over
pilot seniority, I find the company's announcement particularly
insulting. Not only does this decision now forever discredit the
company's purported "neutrality" in the pilot seniority issue, but it
also calls in to question the credibility of the entire safety
management team. As I hope you'll agree, it is in everybody's best
interests to keep flight safety an issue that is far removed from
politics.

I can respect that Capt. Sullenberger has his own personal opinions
regarding the seniority situation, however, I believe that his
decision to testify in court raises reasonable question as to his
ability to adequately perform his new duties without bias. Capt.
Sullenberger did not provide any relevant testimony in the case, and
was only called to testify by USAPA in the hopes that his celebrity
status would unfairly influence a jury. Instead of limiting the use
his celebrity status in support of productive goals such as promoting
aviation safety and the image of US Airways, he blatantly abused that
status by unnecessarily inserting himself on the losing side of an
issue that he played no prior role in. I cannot be reasonably assured
that he would not similarly misuse his position in management.

While I'm certain that this letter will fall on deaf ears, I can
assure you that this letter by no means an end to this issue, and that
you will be in need of much more than a well polished statement at a
crew news session to address it.

Sincerely,
/s/
Mitch Vasin
PHX 320 FO

Reactions: 3 people
From Duane G. PHX

Totally a joke. The real reason was not brought forth. Shut down'

a good engine. CVR DVR info available to view. Put lives in danger.

20 Years on the Aerospace Vehicle and no reason to land in the Hudson

unless you made the mistakes they did, Shut down a good engine.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts